General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

This weekend rocked! S15 + R32 Skyline test drives!

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2005, 07:59 AM

This weekend rocked! S15 + R32 Skyline test drives!

So Friday night me and a buddy went to go see a friend of our...a very rich friend. He owns two Skylines (a 303whp R32 and a 370whp R33) and just bought his wife a REAL, REGISTERED, STREET LEGAL!!!! beautiful blue Silvia S15 Spec R Aero. Mods included a catback, lowered (not sure of the specific suspension mods, a broken short shifter (if you tried to pull up on the shifter it would literally come off! ) and a Greddy boost controller (@ a very very conservative 9psi, but has a really nice digital read out on a seperate LCD display).

So first we took the Skyline out. The clutch in that damn thing is a on/off button, there is no slipping to it. Normal driving was kinda awkward, we both kept wanting to ride the center line of the road. The tranny was, well kind crude, stiff yet notchy. Not my fav to be honest with yall. It was probably due to the clutch but I was missing 3rd and 4th a lot when getting on it. But god the stock BOVs sounded so nice...we would let off the gas just to get them to sound. Its got full Tein coilovers (HAs) and go will that thing handle. It would pull through the corners so hard and you could tell it could have been pushed harder. It wasnt our car though so we didnt try and rag it out.

We returned the skyline and then asked his wife if we could drive her Silvia. I got first dibs on the keys and she gave us $20 to go put some gas in it. Ok yall might flame me for this but I think the silvia is so much more pleasant to drive then the skyline. The HIDs were beautiful yet pointed kinda low. We found a switch that adjusts the headlight angle about 3-5 degrees. The stock clutch was great (I slipped a little at the top of 3rd though, but the feel was good), there was no BOV (well couldnt hear it if there was one). The tranny was crisp and smooth. We never seemed to drift onto the centerline, so drivability of the car seems easier. Given how close the 6 gears were it was very easy to find the gears. The car was kinda bouncy and the rear camber was highly neg. (must have only been springs or something). Power seemed to fall off above 6k and full boost was made around 3,200 rpms. We never really pushed it through any corners too hard but there was very little body roll detected by the "*** dyno"

In conclusion, I thoroughly enjoyed both cars. I liked the Silvia better though, it just seemed more realistic (if you dont know what I mean, ask... ), practical, and refined. The Skyline was raw and just a driving machine. I would have driving it every day...but the Silvia was all around better felt imho.

Just thought Id share...Ill try to get some pics of the cars next weekend (maybe some vids too) because this thread Ive realized is half assed w/o pics
Old 03-21-2005, 08:10 AM
Contributing Member

Sounds like fun!
Old 03-21-2005, 08:10 AM
Contributing Member

Cool!! Damn I wish I had friends like that...

Actually wait, scracth that, wish I had the money that he had instead!! But I'd love to see pics!!
Old 03-21-2005, 09:54 AM

considering that he had to pay more for the S15 than the R32 ($30k just to get the Silvia over here plus the price in Japan). Its got over 135k kilos on it. But the sad part is ITS GOT A GOVERNOR!!! blah! We hit that damn thing and I thought I broke something.
Old 03-21-2005, 02:00 PM

My friends suck! I'm gettin rid of all of them
Old 03-21-2005, 02:22 PM

Here's a link from when his wife and Ryan (one of the other owners of CCR) went to pick up the car.

http://www.coolcatracing.com/silviatrip/
Old 03-21-2005, 02:46 PM

Nice S15 and GT-R
Old 03-21-2005, 07:00 PM

dude, aren't you the guy on the RX-7 forumns and isnt this the guy who owns a tuner shop?
Old 03-21-2005, 08:14 PM

^if you are refering to Drag'nGT on the RX-7 board...no thats the "buddy" I was refering to The owner of the vehicles is a very successful CPA/owner of CCR.