General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

What would you guys do??

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2005, 08:36 PM
Contributing Member

Ok....Back on topic. Yeah um *cough* The 240sx is your best bet
Old 06-30-2005, 08:58 PM

some ppl... You know you have alot of *****, to rag on my GTS when you havent even seen it, Its prolly worth about 10 times your car. Just the kit took 1 yr to MAKE only about 3 kits made in the world. Do you know what it looks like, the work done to it? Your too quick to judge. Youd be suprised what some celicas run boosted. thers a gts in hungary that runs like 11's Your right about a celica, its slow stock not made for boost, BUT like I said if you got some money then it can be. And you are also right about nissans being reliable. But the toyota resale value is much more than than nissan (on certain cars) NEWAYS MOST of you guys have been a help. Ill prolly end up getting the 240, and just give it a paint job and stock bumpers on, and rims. Ill get some pics up when I get it, hopefully within the next week

Last edited by widegts; 06-30-2005 at 09:01 PM.
Old 06-30-2005, 08:59 PM
Contributing Member

I want Pics of the celica...
Old 06-30-2005, 09:21 PM

its in the shop....
Old 06-30-2005, 09:25 PM

Originally posted by widegts
some ppl... You know you have alot of *****, to rag on my GTS when you havent even seen it, Its prolly worth about 10 times your car.
Listen man it was imature of me to rag, it is to be expected of noobs to learn what too say, and what "NOT" to say. I would be ignorant to label Toyota and your car crap I haven't even seen it but at the same time I don't care......
If you spent a crap load of money to make your Celica look cool your defenitely in the wrong forum to begin with. These forums are about cars that are over 7 years since it's last production model, and cars as you know depriciate. I'm here in these forums to educate engine building and share new ideas.
I also never had a problem "ever Gettin *****" either, so the bling bling of a ride I can really care less for.
Toyoto, Honda or any other brand car on the track is my opponent, including the 240's, but I am part of what you will soon understand is the Nissan family of enthusiasts. I built my first Datsun Nissan when I was 19, I am now 26...........
It's the passion to truely understand the engineering in something you build. Toyota shares different engineering and production methods than Nissan thats all, and I can familiarize with the line up of Nissan engines that have been produced for the last 30years"Before My Own Birth".
Don't ever mention how much you spent either, the next guy is one more up than you "were" and it is an arguable debate that can go on forever.....
On that note welcome to club 240 and build a SIK 240/silvia
Have questions P.M me I'm usually a cool guy I'm sunburnt to death right now, in the sun for 8hours...........

Last edited by BigVinnie; 07-01-2005 at 12:03 PM.
Old 06-30-2005, 09:31 PM
Contributing Member

its in the shop....
You dont have any pics? wow...
Old 06-30-2005, 10:56 PM

Its prolly worth about 10 times your car.
Like I said don't ever mention money, I actually post pics of my engine and suspension buildups........... Seeing is believing and when you see the pics through out the forums you will know I'm not full of HOT AIR........
The pics will show you that I can defenitely spend just as much as you if not more, the fact is this isn't a dick measuring contest, it's just about who has more proof!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-01-2005, 01:02 AM
Contributing Member

my friend has an 00' celica gts.. he's running like 7-8lbs of boost and runs a mid-high 14.. he spent about $4000 on the kit and paid something like $1000 to install it... it's not too impressive.. IMO i think that Celica's should be used as show cars, not a car to waste 10K to make it somewhat fast.. I'm pretty new to the nissan world, but i'm picking up quite a bit of info from BigVinnie, so i'd listen, he knows what he's talking about...

I could slap on a turbo kit and get a good 350hp without even touching the block... and my engine is 14 years old... Nissan builds performance, then appearance...

if I ever owned a Toyota it would be an ae86, supra, or even an old RWD celica w/ an single turbo supra engine. I hate FWD with a passion.
Old 07-01-2005, 04:50 AM
Contributing Member

i love every body
Old 07-01-2005, 06:04 AM

The only pix I have are what it used to look like a few months ago. if you wanna see Ill post it up, And vinnie share the wealth about the nissan engines prefferably the sr.
Old 07-01-2005, 06:44 AM
Contributing Member

Horrible misconception is that the SR is somehow superior to the KA...

When it gets right down to it, boost is boost, and there is no replacement for displacement.

It's all about building your engine correctly after that.
Old 07-01-2005, 09:56 AM

The only pix I have are what it used to look like a few months ago. if you wanna see Ill post it up, And vinnie share the wealth about the nissan engines prefferably the sr.
I prefer KA and KAdet's, low boosting and more power than SR. It doesn't take alot to make massive HP with the displacement of KA. SR's are good engines as well, and so are CA's.
I am more of an internal frankenstien builder, from 2.0, and 2.2litre blocks and swapping KA heads..... Hell I showed Biggamehit how he could get a 1.8 litre block with turbo and put the KAe/KA24de head on it . It's basically a CA, but with more of a stroker crank. Well only to use as an example that he could save everything and do a block swap, the de head would need more work though..........
Everyone in the forums have little bits of information and I take the info and store it in my head like a sponge......
I like to stay N/A it is the only legit method to getting smoged without letting a smog technician know that I can use a smaller displacement block with the KA head and smog techs wouldn't even tell the difference unless they looked at the engine stamp, which normally they don't. They would just look at the head and the vacuum lines and say it's legit. Hell I could bump the CR up like a ***** and a smog tech still wouldn't know.
Someone that is highly experienced with srs is fireplug, check out his sr project and ask him for info also, he's a pretty cool dude.....
Always remember respect is never handed out it is earned, and being new to club 240 and speaking on Toyota is the wrong way to represent yourself.......
Some people take there brand of engines, and cars they build seriously.....

Last edited by BigVinnie; 07-01-2005 at 10:46 AM.
Old 07-01-2005, 10:33 AM
Contributing Member

^^
Old 07-06-2005, 01:20 PM
Contributing Member

whatever you do, just don't do THIS:

Old 07-06-2005, 01:54 PM
Contributing Member

haha gross... those lights look even worse on the celica.

Quick Reply: What would you guys do??