General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

Who likes Ducati

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2003, 07:21 AM

Question Who likes Ducati

I previously posted that I was looking to buy a motorcycle. Well I was watching the second Matrix and saw the black Ducati featured in it a fell in love.

It was a 998.

What do you guys think of Ducati?
Old 10-16-2003, 07:53 AM

Ducati's RULE
"the superbike" 916 is the same styling..just WOW
in the movie "fled" two 916 perform and its just amazing.
are you buying me one?

http://www.micapeak.com/DPG/ducati/916/916.jpg
Old 10-16-2003, 09:08 AM

AND this has what to do with 240s? And ducatis suck =D Im a big bike guy and anyone knows they are just for looks. They are heavy, vtwins....yuck and they are one of the slower runnn bikes. Put it this way, yamaha R6 will eat the ducati 748 alive... there is a whole second difference in the quarter mile time. And if you look in the latest ratings, ducati is really low. Also if you look at the latest races...ducati cant even enter

Robbie
Old 10-16-2003, 09:30 AM

I love Ducatis i just think that they are way to much bike for me i would end up killing myself. I think i will stick with my 240 for a while longer but i want to get a Yamaha YZF R6 so that will probley be my first bike.
Old 10-16-2003, 12:01 PM

Originally posted by evil98silvia
AND this has what to do with 240s? And ducatis suck =D Im a big bike guy and anyone knows they are just for looks. They are heavy, vtwins....yuck and they are one of the slower runnn bikes. Put it this way, yamaha R6 will eat the ducati 748 alive... there is a whole second difference in the quarter mile time. And if you look in the latest ratings, ducati is really low. Also if you look at the latest races...ducati cant even enter

Robbie
WTF??? I'm not a huge Ducati fan, but they are nice bikes. Seem too expensive for what I need on the street. But as far as racing, Ducati has been kickin *** in WSB (World Superbike) so I don't know where you get that they can't enter. And 1/4 mile isn't everything. Ducati has super-expensive suspension that helps out a lot with the cornering and soaking up bumps.

I've never ridden one, so I can't say I know, but from everything I've read in the comparisons they're not just "heavy, vtwins".
Oh, and btw, i wouldn't recommend one for a first bike. Let yourself improve on somethin like an R6 before you step up.
Old 10-16-2003, 12:12 PM

Guess I went a little over board, lol. Yea they have good suspension I know. I have ridden them and didnt care for it. I had a kawasaki ninja 500R for a fun bike and it seized up. I had a full exhaust on it, jet kit, kN filter, sprocket, smoked visor, no blinkers. It was pretty nice for a 500. Im just not a ducati fan, the thing that just sets me off is the matrix, how everyone thinks its awesome cause of that movie. Anywho, keep on truckin, lol.
Old 10-16-2003, 01:46 PM
Contributing Member

From what I've learned... Ducati is a good track bike. Not too comfortable for the street where as a Suzuki or a Yamaha are slightly more comfortable with much better engines and trannies. Plus they're cheaper... To sum it up, I'd personally take an Aprilia or Cagiva over a Ducati anyday.

Last edited by I'm with Stupid; 10-16-2003 at 01:49 PM.
Old 10-16-2003, 04:02 PM

Aprillia......................MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMM yummy.

Robbie
Old 10-16-2003, 07:57 PM

Hey guys, first, let me introduce myself. My name is Josh and I own a 95 s14 that has been converted to a s15 frontend. I look forward to joining you guys here and hopefully learn some stuff.

anyways, I am currently employed at a local motorcycle dealership so I would hope that qualifies me to talk a little about this... Ducatis are not overweight vtwins, infact the 916 was a revolutionary bike when it was released, having more power and better susp along with reduced weight over most other bikes. The vtwin design you spoke about actually is a superior design IMO b/c it is able to create massive amounts of torque at low engine speed, which enables it to come out of corners faster and smoother. I would have to agree tho that they really are a bike intented for track use, and are quite expensive to maintain when they DO break. Ducs are one of if not the best bikes in production, but their insane price from the original bike to parts that will have to be replaced can drive away many people. In the end, when I am very rich I plan on owning many Ducs, but untill then Im goin to settle with my cbr 600rr.
Old 10-16-2003, 08:26 PM

CBR 600 RR is still a good bike
I love the new CBR1000 RR. looks soooo nice and fast
Old 10-17-2003, 01:55 AM

Im a yamaha guy.... . Im tryin to get a new R6 but im gonna wait till 2004 so the prices will have dropped a bit. I guess when I drove that ducati I didnt really get to rip it much... I live in DC so it was more of stop and go kinda. I like the high revs of the R6 and 10 second quarter times and the delta III frame.........

Robbie
Old 10-17-2003, 04:17 AM

i wonder if you can convert the ducati to an s15 front end
Old 10-17-2003, 05:58 PM

yea, the new 1000rr will be sweet as ***c, when it comes out that is. Dont get me wrong, Im not tryin to bash on anyone, but the newer r6s are **** b/c their front forks are very likely to snap, but hopefully they will get that taken care of. the new r1 is supposed to be insane, so i dont know which of the rr or r1 ill like better, but atleast ill get to ride em both. on the conversion note, why the hell whould you want to convert the 916/996/998 to anything else? that was one thing i forgot to mention, italian styling can not be beaten IMO, i mean just look at the headlights... and the sound that a vtwin makes is enough to make me whiten up my pants, j/k but they really are sweet sounding, nothing like a throaty vtwin flyin by you at 100mph.
Old 10-18-2003, 09:03 AM

The new R1 is ok. I dont like the back of of it =X. I would take a 1999 R1 anyday though with its Carburated motor =D. My buddy cecil....same guy with the CA s14 just bought a 99 R1 to run with his R6 and it FLYS. I have heard some things about the forks on the R6 but I mean.........its not like anyone REALLY races them on the street, like all out hard corners.......thats what they meant about the forks.

Robbie
Old 10-19-2003, 04:00 AM
Contributing Member

if your gonna get a bike.. get the greatest bike in the world.. HAYABUSA!!! mwahahaha!! (thunder and lightning int the background)

Quick Reply: Who likes Ducati