General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

Why do we love the 240?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2004, 04:17 PM

Why do we love the 240?

I just came into a 90 240 Sx for the price of TT&L. Money is too tight for a 2nd car and it came down to what car was actually working at the moment. So I had to sell my 2nd Gen CRX.

The 240 is leaving me with a big sloppy grin evrey time I get back from driving it, but still- Having to sell my CRX (With it’s shot tranny) is something like shooting your girlfriend because she broke her foot.

So what I really needed to hear right now was reasons why the 240 is the greatest @$#$ing car ever.

Anyone who wants to **** on the Honda camp, here is your chance.
Go wild.

Thanks.
-
servo
Old 01-13-2004, 04:23 PM
Contributing Member

They have pretty damn good handling for a stock car.

If the engine is in good shape, they are pretty peppy.

They look dead sexy.

Did I mention it is all because of my pearl white S14?

Muahaha.

But yeah, they are great cars.

My car (in my sig) is bone stock and has gotten many a comment and approving stare.
Old 01-13-2004, 05:57 PM
Contributing Member

my car is ugly and has a bunch of **** wrong with it.
i dont know why i love em...
i just do
Old 01-13-2004, 07:02 PM
Contributing Member

lol rude

I love 240s because they give you a lot for the price its at. They are a very good RWD car to start out with, and pretty god damn reliable. The styling is great and the engine can last quite a long time. 240s have problems here and there, but overall great car But not the greatest !@#%$ car ever
Old 01-13-2004, 07:51 PM

I dont know why I love mine I havent even had the chance to get it past 4k cause it tachs out lol but it seems fun still and does handle quite good.
Old 01-13-2004, 08:20 PM

RWD and good power= SIDEWAYS THROUGH CORNERS

i love mine because i do, its not that comfortable or roomy, i have a hell of a time getting my 3 1/2 year old into the back and its not as nice as my old Integra, but i drove an integra the other day and i would never go back

I LOVE MY 240 SO MUCH because i cant get a enough of driving it, even my girlfriend loves to drive it, i have to fight her for my keys, it is one of the most amazing stock cars i have ever driven and im just aching to get suspension on it and then see what it can really do
Old 01-13-2004, 08:29 PM

we just do

simple as that
Old 01-13-2004, 11:15 PM

i love myne cuz everyone has a honda or acura, but everytime i go to a show, i can rest assured that i'll be one of the only 240's there.....and who could forget its sexyness and its chick magnet tendancies.....
Old 01-13-2004, 11:28 PM

my trivial reasons:
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]

i went from a 91 CRX Si to a 94 del Sol, now a 97 240sx SE...
the CRX was a good starter car... loved it due to it's fond memories with it... the dol Sol had great power... i mean... 160hp@7.2kRPMs is pretty damn good out the box (stock) but it was lacking something significant..oh yeah.. it's called TORQUE... when my fiance got her 90 240sx SE fastback... i was amazed.... i love driving her car more then my del Sol... but now that i totalled the honda... it gave me a chance to pick one up of my own... so i got a kouki S14... damn... it may have 5 less HP compared to the del Sol... but 160lbs of torque compared to 111lbs of torque from the honda isn't worth comparing... by far i KNOW my 240's way faster then both of my previous cars
oh...other 240 drivers are just damn cool... everytime i run into one... they always throw a peace sign or a thumbs up... when i ran into other honda drivers in my del Sol... those bastards always tried to race me... or rev like they had something to proove
all-in-all without a doubt... Nissan 240sx (any year) has my stamp of approval

97 del Sol VTEC pictured is my friend's which is for sale

vs

nissan by a long shot

-jaysin

Last edited by SINxSELEKTAH; 01-13-2004 at 11:31 PM.
Old 01-14-2004, 01:58 AM

My 240's a dirty ****, but hopefully if everything goes good, I may have a new one soon

and the reason I love my 240? My car, like Rudes, is ugly and has a ****load of things wrong with it, but all in all it is still my baby. I guess im addicted

Last edited by Bryan; 01-14-2004 at 02:00 AM.
Old 01-14-2004, 03:17 AM
Contributing Member

they dont make 'altezza' tail lights

Last edited by ixcocoyxi; 01-14-2004 at 03:20 AM.
Old 01-14-2004, 07:17 AM
Contributing Member

my reason? simple: it's the only car that i've ever owned that, after driving it, i wanna drive it more! i find any damn excuse i can to go out and be at one w/the road in it. fastest? nah. best handling? nah. most comfortable? don't even go there. the power is good enough to make u realize it's not a little econo-box, gas miser grocery getter. the stock suspension, while there may be better ones out there, is by far the most lively and responsive of any car i've owned. and while it may not be a Lexus in terms of comfort and amenities, i don't mind so much because i get lost in the driving experience (kinda like how u don't notice ur *** is hurting while playing 4 hours of Gran Turismo ). all in all, it's a sports car with a (relatively) low initial investment, fairly low cost of ownership, remarkable reliability, and it's fairly practical. it's quite hard to make that same claim about very many other cars (and once u factor in the FR platform, that number drops even more significantly ).
Old 01-14-2004, 11:29 AM

I origonally started looking into imports as a hobby kinda thing, since there is so much aftermarket support. I needed a cheap (under $10k) fun car to drive around and tinker with, plus be a backup if the pickup had problems (which it did often). I will not drive FWD since I pushed my Old man's buick up someones lawn after takin a corner hard. So I had to find something AWD or RWD. All the DSMs, Supra's, and Z's were xspensive or had high milage, subie 2.5RS were hella rare, MR2 too xpensive to insure. I thought the 240 might be a good car, its got RWD, fully independant supension, and kinda looks like a Skyline. Once I found one with a 5 speed, I was hooked. It accelerates good, has awesome turn-in. Like a buddy of mine said, "You dont have to hit Vtec just to pass someone." Even when Im not drivin it for a while and I start thinking about sellin it due to the body rattles and other minor annoyances, all it takes is a few minutes in the drivers seat to fall back in love wit that little car.
Old 01-14-2004, 02:27 PM

btw...i don't hate hondas...i've just driven something else and found something better
Old 01-14-2004, 03:36 PM
Contributing Member

Ive drivin like 7 different cars only including a mini van and an suv,97 camaro rs,97 gs-t eclipse,94 honda accord,another s13(91)
and out of all of those and my car, my car has had the best all around. The other s13 I drove felt the same except better clutch LoL and smoother shifting but im sure that can be fixed with a lil redline tranny oil and new clutch, since my tranny has 50k less miles, ne wayz ill get to the point I like my car alot because they dont make altezzas for it and when I make fun of my friends civic all he has to make fun of is the the color(champagne pearl)big deal.lol and I also love how it handles better than the 97 gs-t eclipse I drove, tight feeling suspension. I also love how you can drop a skyline in it relatively easy(to bad i live in cali).
Ryan

Quick Reply: Why do we love the 240?