General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

You know you own an S14 because...

Old 10-20-2004, 06:49 AM
Contributing Member

You know you own an S14 because...

HERE IT IS!

Ok, I found the "You know you own an S13" thread hilarious, so I decided to continue the 90 S13 reasons with 150 S14 reasons (90+150=240, get it?) I hope you enjoy reading this =)

You know you own an s14 because.......

1) You search endlessly online for a silly piece of plastic that surrounds the radio.

2) You uncle sees the front and mistakes your car for an early 90's Toyota Camry.

3) You take 5 minutes out of your early ownership time learning what a "tension rod" is.

4) You're willing to contemplate paying $900+ for stock side skirts and bumpers from a regular 240sx... from Japan.

5) The thought of going with an S15 conversion crossed your mind atleast twice: when you bought the car, and when you saved enough $ to get body parts.

6) You like the fact that your car is the closest model Nissan ever sold in the U.S. that is as big as and looks like the great Skyline GT-R.

7) You prefer cars with big asses.

8) Orido started with an S14; Nomuken started with an S14; therefore since you have an S14 you're pre-destined to drive like them someday.

9) You know what PDM, JSPEC, RUCAS, and TEIN refer to.

10) You visit Nissan forums 8-9 times during your day, as if it's needed to live.

11) The first time you tell non-car people you got a 1995-1997 240SX, they can't seem to remember ther being such a thing.

12) YOu've driven around for awhile with your front grille off just to see if it looks more "Skyline-ish".

13) You bought a JDM cluster only to realize when you get it that the plugs in the back don't match.

14) You bought the JDM triple gauge panel too, even if it doesn't work with a KA24DE.

15) You sometimes scratch your head on a broken A-pillar trim piece when you get out of the car.

16) Your side glass sounds like it'll explode whenever you hit a pothole.

17) You hate reading back articles of writers referring to your engine as a "Hardbody" engine.

18) Every single aftermarket part is always 20-30% more expensive than an S13.

19) You waited for months for the Greddy Turbo Kit to be declared "50 state legal" only to be disappointed when it wasn't.

20) You "felt the pain" when you saw Seigou Yamamoto plow into Tarzan Yamada @ the Formula D finals.

21) You've contemplated the RB swap to get yourself "that much closer" to driving a Skyline.

22) The first question people ask after "You got an SR in there" is always "well are you gonna?".

23) You know every single exterior difference between the Zenki and the Kouki, but still don't know exactly which damn 240's came with LSD and which didn't.

24) You won't admit it but when you first read the term "sleepy eye" you thought that was referring to the Kouki S14 headlights.

24) You don't have to cut a brown wire to make your headlights look cool, because well - you don't even have popups in the first place.

25) You freak out for a moment when you get into your friend's S13 and you hear a strange motor noise coming closer and closer to your head.

26) You can't imagine how your fellow S13 brothers and sisters can drive a car with zero cupholders.

27) You purposely ask them "how come your car doesn't have cupholders" just to **** them off LOL

28) You're missing those dumb plastic things that go on the side of your factory fogs, and no one seems to be selling just those parts by themselves.

29) You look down on Civics feeling better because your car is in "a higher" class.

30) You've painted your valve cover. Even if it's not a real redtop or blacktop SR.

31) You hate the fact that S13 friends have 4 SR20DET's to choose from, but you only have 2 - unless you want to do a lot of wiring work.

32) You actually got pissed off at a cartoon when your car lost. On a mountain. In the rain. Against an AE86.

33) You felt proud to be an S14 owner, knowing that Keiichi Tsuchiya used it as his main instructing vehicle in the "Drift Bible".

34) You used the pause button on the aforementioned DVD many times to get the wheel/tire/offset specs on the Kei Office S14.

35) No one can sit behind you when you're driving, even if the S14 is larger than an S13.

36) You feel sorry for your fellow S13 owners, who have to spend an extra $200 on stock wheels and an extra $400 on parts to be 5-lug, like you.

37) You have dreams of something called "Final Konnexion".

38) You've had a "Silvia" emblem of some sort on your car at one point in time.

39) Your headlights look like cornbread exploded in it.

40) Your definition of "Hyper Lemon" is different from normal people.

41) You stare at any full sized sports car with 5 lug wheels, wondering if they'll look good on your car.

42) You'd rather have smaller than stock wheels on the back of your car for track days, because track days = drifting days.

43) The terms "SSR" and "Work" surround your random daily thoughts.

44) Seeing N.O.B. make the finals 2 years straight at D1 Grand Prix made you think about that "S15 conversion" once again.

45) Every so often you recite the meanings of "J's", "Q's", and "K's" to your girlfriend, who doesn't care anyways.

46) You enjoy when the rain is on its way because "that's what you bought the car for".

47) You also fear going past 25mph in the rain because you don't want that big *** to whip around unexpectedly.

48) Your tie rod boots look like a bunch of rubber washers.

49) Your right leg has been conditioned to being 20-30 degrees hotter than your left leg.

50) Same as #49, but now we're talking about your right foot.

51) You try different words like "S14", "240sx", "Silvia", and "240" on Ebay to make sure you get to see EVERYTHING available for your car.

52) You also tried "JDM" but that took forever weeding through all of the gay HOnda/Acura auctions.

53) You wish you lived closer to any mountain range.

54) You're stuck with deciding between the "Rear Strut bar that you can see" over "the one you can't".

55) Used tires now make sense to you.

56) You take pride in knowin ghtat parts of your car were derived from (again) the Skyline GT-R.

57) even if you have cupholders, they don't seem to hold any type of "cup" properly.

58) You get revved on by every single Civic and Integra in the entire United States.

59) You've wanted Tein HE's at one point of time during your ownership.

60) You're on a first name basis with the guy at the Nissan parts counter.

61) You never really know how much gas you have because the needle changes positions depending on how fast you're going.

62) You have ben waiting for this thread ever since you got a kick out of reading the S13 version.

63) You hope to God that you don't get a flat tire far from home, since you don't want anyone to see you rolling on a huge yellow steelie.

64) You were pissed that "Midnight Maximum Tune" didn't have an S14 in it... so you got the S15 instead because "it's family".

65) You've learned what "dori", "choko", "hayai", and "anda" means.

66) You find any reason whatsoever to drive somewhere if it's raining.

67) Your temperature gauge is at that certain spot where you don't know if it's gonna overheat or not.

68) You try to teach your girlfriend how to tell the difference between a Zenki and a Kouki.

69) You first find it a little weird that the side air vent is part of the door, not the dash.

70) You wave at any other 240 driver you pass on the roads.

71) Every other make FR is now "your ally" i.e. FD's, FC's, Supra's, Corolla's, etc.

72) You've spent at least an hour inside your trunk with wire cutters and electrical tape just to get your aftermarket head unit to power up.

73) You'd be content if you had OEM Nissan parts on your car, as long as it's OEM Japan.

74) You've calculated how long you have to save up to buy tension rods, tie rods, tie rod ends, rear camber arms, toe arms, and traction rods all at once.

75) When someone says "pineapple" you think of round poly or machined circles with a cut in them.
Old 10-20-2004, 06:52 AM
Contributing Member

...and the other 75 (I couldn't fit it in one post - there's a character limit of like 10000 and I passed it by like 400 or so ROFL)

...continued

76) Nismo motor mounts have become "a necessity" on your list of priorities.

77) Your girlfriend begins competing with your car for attention.

78) It took you 2 months to finally decide between SS, Flex, HE's, or some used HA's.

79) When you hear someone say "Your ***" you immediately think body kit.

80) People with the same car as yours don't give you hard looks or rev up on you, unlike those "H" and "A" cars.

81) You've memorized the "Nismo vs. Homo" joke.

82) You get paranoid when a passenger grabs the window when closing the door.

83) You've never had a full tank of gas in your 240SX. Ever.

84) When you stop next to a 300ZX at a red light, you stare at their front brakes and drool.

85) You bought your girlfriend a "Dampachi" doll last Christmas.

86) Heaven = Zeal Coilovers.

87) You sometimes feel weird that you want an aftermarket short shifter made by a domestic manufacturer called "B & M".

88) "Hot Import Nights" and "Import Showoff" is now "noob".

89) You'd rather spend $1300 on stock 17" Skyline wheels than the latest aftermarket 18"s.

90) You were happy to see that Autobacs had a section of 240sx parts.

91) You almost bought a "ground wire" kit, then looked under your hood and realized that there's not really enough ground wires to justify the purchase.

92) You've thought of naming your future pet (or even daughter) "Silvia".

93) You want to swap, and you wouldn't "feel right" if the engine didn't have a slant at the back of the valve cover.

94) Whenever you hear the word "cat" you think "turbo 2.4 liter".

95) You know what "Navan" makes.

96) Some day you want an old school thing called a "multichecker".

97) You now refer to every car by their chassis codes.

98) You're happy that no sub-$30k Honda will ever win a Drift contest.

99) Suddenly, drag racing to you is a "beginners" automotive sport.

100) You dream of one day visiting some factory called "Yashio".

101) At one point in time you thought you'd be the first to get that JDM digital climate control to actually work in your car.

102) You never knew how bad you wanted an OEM "front lip" until you got your 240SX.

103) You check J-spec's "new shipment" section once a week, even if you'll never buy anything from them.

104) Same with Taka Kiara.

105) When you think "GP" you don't think Gary Payton, you think sexy bodykits.

106) You feel as if your engine is brand new when you do the timing chain guide job, even if your opometer reads 180k+.

107) You don't buy Import Car magazines anymore UNLESS there's something S14 related in it.

108) At one point in time you wanted FN01-RC's 17x8 / 17x9 in bronze, with 235/40 and 255/35 Falken Azenis tires.

109) You don't like Nitto. To you they're front-wheel drive people.

110) One of your eternal debates is "1.0, 1.5, or 2way?"

111) It got you playing Gran Turismo again.

112) You don't need to know what a "Chuki" is - you can just ask your S13 friends when the time comes.

113) Bride seats are on your wish list.

114) To you, "Rear Wheel Drive" isn't just a muscle car thing anymore.

115) You have something referred to as a "Drift button".

116) The "gay" in "Touge" doesn't bother you.

117) You'll drive an hour or so away in the middle of the night to a place with a short 2-3 mile road, only because that road has 3429384023 turns in it.

118) You saw Stephen Papadakis in a drifting contest, then asked yourself, "he knows how to turn?"

119) You know who "Japandy" is.

120) People constantly ask you "do you drift?"

121) You've waited an hour or so to download 2 episodes of some non-English cartoon, once every 2 months or so, this year.

122) You have a burned CD in your car with Initial D music somewhere on it.

123) You try to picture what line you would take if you were to drive through any random city street that has curves.

124) Your girlfriend hears the words "...I'm in the garage..." and gets irritated because she knows the rest of that sentence.

125) You hate hearing how Honda people are selling their showcars to get 240's.

126) You try to figure out the earliest day you can make it to a "Drift Day" event.

127) You don't think "drugs' anymore when you hear "LSD".

128) The words "Brash Fang" gives you nightmares.

129) Parking lot light poles scare you.

130) You take every ample opportunity to point out the fact that your friend's S13 has no cupholder because, well - you can! (see #27)

131) The top of your steering wheel is missing about 1/4" of meat.

132) You've contemplated doing a "V-mount" to your car.

133) You've spun out in the mountains at least once.

134) You've stood in front of your car, trying to picture R33 headlights on it.

135) You've been through the "N1 exhaust at an angle" phase (or you're still in it).

136) Sometimes you wish you could get that JDM "sleepy eye look" your friends have but then realize your headlights don't even move.

137) You feel like your car's "parents" are 300ZX twin turbos and early 90's Maxima's.

138) The first time you changed your rotors you were amazed at how they "just kind of fall off" without any ahrd work.

139) Sometimes $1200 coilovers are more importnant than a $65 alignment.

140) You threw a fit when you first saw "Silvia Conversions" for Civics and Integras.

141) When you pop your hood for the first time the engine looks a little "strange" the way it's positioned (if you used to own an FF).

142) Now you have to pay attention not only to diameter and width, but OFFSET TOO.

143) The piece of plastic around your shifter is either in multiple pieces, or just not there altogether.

144) You think that battle damage adds "character" to your 7-9 year old car.

145) No matter how low you lower your car on coilovers, it still doesn't look lowered.

146) You're willing to sacrifice the comfort of air conditioning just to be able to have a boost guage in your car that actually works.

147) Hearing that familiar vibrating "buzz" coming from your shifter signals to you that you're above 4000rpm.

148) You see old school 200SX's and say out loud "S12".

149) You wonder why Germany got the better glass headlights, and we had to get stuck with the crappy plastic ones.

150) You dread the day when someone at APC decides to do something with a 240sx.

-------------------

So there we have it... add these 150 S14 reasons to the 90 S13 reasons on the other post, and you've got 240 reasons why you know you own a 240sx!
Old 10-20-2004, 07:11 AM

49) Your right leg has been conditioned to being 20-30 degrees hotter than your left leg.

---hahah i swore i thought this was jus me

51) You try different words like "S14", "240sx", "Silvia", and "240" on Ebay to make sure you get to see EVERYTHING available for your car.

---so true

61) You never really know how much gas you have because the needle changes positions depending on how fast you're going.

---now thats annoying

129) Parking lot light poles scare you.

---they need to be spaced farther apart

138) The first time you changed your rotors you were amazed at how they "just kind of fall off" without any ahrd work.

---kinda scared me at first

149) You wonder why Germany got the better glass headlights, and we had to get stuck with the crappy plastic ones.

---i have glass headlights! sorry zenki guys i feel ur pain
Old 10-20-2004, 08:57 AM
Contributing Member

lol..talk about a lot of time...
Old 10-20-2004, 10:50 AM
Contributing Member

Wow...
Old 10-20-2004, 11:11 AM

good sh it. I'm at the bottom of the totem pole owning a base.
Old 10-20-2004, 12:00 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by SnickersGirl
lol..talk about a lot of time...
Seriously. Most of the ones I read can be related to more then just owning a S14 though(I hope that made sense)
Old 10-20-2004, 12:32 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by -HyJynX-
Seriously. Most of the ones I read can be related to more then just owning a S14 though(I hope that made sense)
yeah some of it was just whatever came out of my head at the time LOL
Old 10-20-2004, 12:53 PM

MINE
151) If you turn left your car has more gas then if you turn right.
Old 10-20-2004, 01:27 PM

hahah I agree with alot of that but um.... my S14 doesn't have cup holders it never did..... where are there supposed to be cup holdderrrs? GIMME!
Old 10-20-2004, 02:03 PM

Originally posted by DaPCWiz
hahah I agree with alot of that but um.... my S14 doesn't have cup holders it never did..... where are there supposed to be cup holdderrrs? GIMME!
i dunno bout u but i used the squares in the middle, correct me if im wrong but i jus assumed those were the cup holders, what else can it be?
Old 10-20-2004, 02:57 PM

Oh God #123 thats the only cd i have in my 240 Initial d hahahah god im sad lol
Old 10-20-2004, 03:33 PM

my gas needle gets off full when it's a quarter tank or less
Old 10-20-2004, 07:09 PM

I dunno, I can't use those square things for cups cuz then it's in the way of my arm shifting....

And yep I got initial D music in my car.

And haha my gas needle.... I was on E the other day so I went to the gas station and filled 9.8 gallons... I was like damn.... I had so much gas left... haha.
Old 10-20-2004, 10:11 PM

150) You dread the day when someone at APC decides to do something with a 240sx.

Sorry to say but there is a APC "DRIFT STYLE" body kit for Cavaliers, Sunfires and I belive Neons I almost died.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: You know you own an S14 because...