General For General 240sx/Silvia (s-chassis) discussions.

You know your a 240 owner if......

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 06:26 PM

Hah, I keep a bottle of water for that mysterious leak in the radiator. My girlfriend wrote on her hand today "I Love Brad's Car" =] You know you own a 240 when your battery is resting on the washer resevior
Old 05-01-2006, 07:10 PM
Contributing Member

dude... numbers 3 5 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 19 20 24 25 31 38 39 43 45 51 58 61 66 75 84 all apply to me... and yes, i carry a big tool set with me... and yes i fear rainy days like nothing else. my dad calls me a *****, but he doesnt understand...

but hey some new ones for ya.

you know you own an s13 when...

You dream of owning an s15 varietta, and your freinds have no idea what youre talking about

you start your car in the morning and hope it doesnt die right after

you drift around random turns in broad daylight just to **** off civic owners sitting at the other side of the light

You drift around random corners to see the looks on other drivers' faces

you embrace the feel of the shifter in all its loose glory

you embrace the chunky leather shift ****, though its wearing away and leaves your hand black after a spirited session

your friends fear your car, not because its fast, but because it should be a crime to sit in the back seat.

your friends hit their head on the roof when they sit in the back.

...thats all i can think of for right now

By the way, isnt 44 a number meaning death or something equivalent to our number 13? i heard that somewheres.
Old 05-01-2006, 11:47 PM

for #45 I think he was saying you know what rb and sr swaps are....i think...

I love the ashtray hole for a cupholder thing, hey whatever works eh?!? lol.....
Old 05-02-2006, 12:52 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by LA_phantom_240

your friends fear your car, not because its fast, but because it should be a crime to sit in the back seat.

your friends hit their head on the roof when they sit in the back.
back seat? what back seat?
Old 05-02-2006, 02:06 AM

Originally posted by Ayuaddict
back seat? what back seat?
No crap!! you shouldn't be able to touch the front seat to the back seat.
Old 05-02-2006, 06:31 AM

I got a few.
You know your a 240 drive when....

You wore down you clutch trying to perfectly learn the heal-toe technique

You have kicked the tail end around in the rain without trying to and swore you would never do it again but on the very next turn you think it's a good time to clutch kick.

You keep a gallon of coolant fluid in your "back seat" just incase.

You know that no matter what you try your 240 just doesn't like the snow.

You laugh when people ask what the hell was that when they hear that noise/bouncing feeling your rear end makes everytime you hit a bump at high RPMs

You've pushed your car around a turn so hard just to fly by that Civic that was blocking your way.

Everytime you enter a turn you start to look for that elite racing line through the inside to pass the mini-van infront of you but you know there's really no space.

Everyone asks you way your droped $2500 on an 89 with 125,000 miles on it..

You've learn that the stock seats on a Nissan 240 is the worst thing you will ever sit in.

If you have that cloth like carpet looking interior on your seats you can't wait to rip it off the glove back and around the doors just cause it's looks tacky.

You have trouble explaining why everytime you see a huge wing on a Honda/Acura you wan'na cry.

You've thought about sanding down the paint and just spray painting the car black cause you think there is a slight chance it will look better.

You try to explain to people that once your car is finally built to a descent standard it will be better than any of these Honda's because your car is so rare and you will have something unique and then another S13 drives by.

You actually have thought about having a happy 20th birthday party for you car cause you know it's just 3 or 4 years away.
Well that's all for now.
Old 05-02-2006, 11:28 AM

what about how all your import buddies make fun of you bc of their horsepower and i'll you can say is at least i can drift!!!!
Old 05-02-2006, 12:39 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Raven

Everytime you enter a turn you start to look for that elite racing line through the inside to pass the mini-van infront of you but you know there's really no space.

LOL ... EVERY single time.
Old 05-02-2006, 09:06 PM

LoL. Yeah I do that all day... I just see the turn coming up and a switch blows in my head. LoL. It's actually pretty funny.
Old 05-02-2006, 09:56 PM

You laugh when people ask what the hell was that when they hear that noise/bouncing feeling your rear end makes everytime you hit a bump at high RPMs

what exactly is that, my only thought was my rear suspension is shot (which is a deffinite possibility)
Old 05-02-2006, 10:18 PM

you know you own a 240 when you can take out the back seat and pick the whole thing up with your pinky.

you know you own an automatic 240 when you keep overdrive on because it's all ****ed up and the little OD OFF sign blinks.

you know you own a 240 when you put a fat *** system in the tiny *** trunk to keep rattling noise down.

when you leave your car out in a thunderstorm just so you can get hail damage money back and put it under your hood (i'm waiting for it to hail)
Old 05-03-2006, 04:03 AM

I'm guilty of taking out the tray in the dash to put drinks there. I also know that feeling like... MOVE minivan, you are ruining my favorite curve for me!
Old 05-03-2006, 05:12 AM

Originally posted by bullet23

what exactly is that, my only thought was my rear suspension is shot (which is a deffinite possibility)

That's my guess too.. Extremly loose suspension... bump.... the tires are pushing hard so my guess is since it's so loose and old that when the weight comes back down on it, it just bounces back up so your wheels are pritty much loosing traction very many times in that 2 second span.. But I am no expert just what I thought it was.. Maybe someone of the *cough cough* more educated people could elaborate.
Old 05-03-2006, 09:49 AM

You know your a 240 owner when you pass somebody and they get pissed and call your car a POS and you end of fighting them and beating their ***(happened today and the dude was a year older than I was).
Old 05-03-2006, 02:59 PM
Contributing Member

^^LOL

Quick Reply: You know your a 240 owner if......