anybody know how to install a remote start in a 92 s13?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 08:27 PM

anybody know how to install a remote start in a 92 s13?

bought a remote start offline and dont wanna pay a fee of like 150 to 200 to have it installed, plus i wanna start to get to know the car more. so i could use help with wiring diagram and wut to do and with wut tools? anyhelp? thnx for suggestions
Old 05-16-2007, 08:55 PM
Contributing Member

do you have the system yet bro or a system in mind. most companies have the instructions online... also sites like 12volt has many instructions...

with your car you want to make sure you set it up so that you will not be able to start it while the car is in any gear...
Old 05-17-2007, 01:59 AM

I would highly suggest finding someone to install the alarm if you haven't done one before, Its pretty difficult if your rather new to car electronics. But with that being said I'll still point you into the right direction

You will need a Soldering gun (dont get a soldering iron they take too long to heat up the wire)+solder

A decent multimeter, a Basic craftsman multimeter works fine

Good electrical tape 3M makes some really good tape. Look for Super +33. Don't skip out on cheap tape you will regret it later when you start having electrical alarm gremlins

So basically all you need is

1. Soldering gun (harbor freight $10)
2. Solder ($3)
3. Multimeter ($10-30)
4. 3M Super +33 ($4)

Most places online such as the12volt will carry wiring diagrams on which color wires do what. Just make sure your connections are secure and wrapped up completely.
Old 05-17-2007, 08:24 AM

alright thnx and to answer the first question i have the system already and im not entirlely new to car electronics just alarm systems in general are confusing much thnx for the help though much appreciated!
Old 05-17-2007, 10:17 AM
Contributing Member

This should actually be in the electrical section; but either way, I'll let you know right now that installing an alarm is not a very easy task if you haven't done it before. As suggested, you will need tape, a soldering gun, a meter, and some solder.

The wiring diagram for you vehicle is posted on the12volt.com, as others have mentioned, but I believe there is also a thread here somewhere. This will probably help though:

All you need is the installation manual included with the remstart/alarm. What model did you get? If the one you purchased didn't come with an installation manual, you will probably have to find it on the manufacturer's website.

The more installations you do, the better you'll get. I'm not trying to dissuade you, but you could end up damaging something if you really don't know what wires to cut and/or splice into. The main wires you want to worry about though are going to be your Ignition, Starter, 12v, and Accessory wires. They are going to be the wires that are about 10-12 gauge near the ignition switch.

Good luck, if you need further assistance, let us know.
Old 05-17-2007, 03:22 PM

thnx guys for the info big time helping , i think i got a friend of mine who can install remote starters so hes helping me put it in thnx for the help!
Old 05-17-2007, 05:31 PM
Contributing Member

Yay we helped him lol