FPR Installation

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 02:30 PM
Contributing Member

FPR Installation

Does anyone have a diagram on how to install a FPR on an S14 Sr20det?

I tried using this http://www.********.com/articles.php?id=223709 but I just can't tell where the lines are going to.

It's not on my car, it's on my cousins car, I didn't start the installation so I do not know where the factory fpr lines went to.
Old 05-09-2009, 10:13 PM
Contributing Member

Well the one is the gas return line coming off the fuel rail and the vacuum source will be coming off the throttle body. Dont know if those are the lines you are talking about. Dont you have an SR in your car?
Old 05-10-2009, 12:10 AM
Contributing Member

what kind of fuel rail do you have... and what kind of FPR is it
Old 05-10-2009, 12:19 AM
Contributing Member

Yeah, I have an SR, but I use the factory FPR.
It's an e-bay FPR being used on the stock fuel rail.
His car runs weird, I've tried messing with everything and it still runs pig rich. The car pulls slow as hell, and then once you get to about 4k-5k rpm it backfires and won't rev any higher. It's confusing the hell out of me, we tried changing his injectors, still runs rich. When idling it's shooting out black smoke, I had to turn the IACV a crap load before it stopped smoking and now it idles around 1700rpm but still does the same thing while driving.
It literally pulls as if it's a stock 90hp s12, that's how slow it is. We checked all the vacuum hoses and everything is where it should be. My only other guess is that it could be his MAF, but wouldn't that mess with his idle and bog down at about 2500rpm?
Old 05-10-2009, 03:07 AM
Contributing Member

check his codes

putting a FPR on doesn't fix the issue. if the regulator is set to allow more fuel the engine will not function properly. you need a gauge to see how much pressure is being run. Honestly I don't know the quality of the ebay FPR...... you can run a stock FPR from a KA.. they are the same as SR.

to much fuel equals:

flooded cly
washed out rings
improper combustion
etc

if the maf was whacked up, it would go into limp mode and the engine would not rev beyond 3000rpms to protect itself.

get a known working ecu and try that also... the injector drivers could also be damaged.

on the SR the Fuel Feed line should be on the Right and the return line is on the Left.

Last edited by Biggamehit; 05-10-2009 at 03:10 AM.
Old 05-10-2009, 02:15 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Biggamehit
check his codes

putting a FPR on doesn't fix the issue. if the regulator is set to allow more fuel the engine will not function properly. you need a gauge to see how much pressure is being run. Honestly I don't know the quality of the ebay FPR...... you can run a stock FPR from a KA.. they are the same as SR.

to much fuel equals:

flooded cly
washed out rings
improper combustion
etc

if the maf was whacked up, it would go into limp mode and the engine would not rev beyond 3000rpms to protect itself.

get a known working ecu and try that also... the injector drivers could also be damaged.

on the SR the Fuel Feed line should be on the Right and the return line is on the Left.
I'll get him to check codes, but the ebay fpr has a guage on it, running 37psi. It's an adjustable fpr btw.
Old 05-10-2009, 02:47 PM
Contributing Member

AHH that's good than 37 psi is only about 3 psi over stock with vacuum.. not bad... good stuff.