Mid Atlantic DC, MD, VA, DE, NC

Anymore good shops in VA?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2002, 06:53 PM

Unhappy Anymore good shops in VA?

I was just curious if anyone knows some good shops in VA?

So far my list is:

-Autothority
-Car Trendz
-Evolution Motorsports
-Nuimage Motorsports
Old 02-12-2002, 11:17 AM
PSM
*****istrator

By shops do you mean to buy items like intakes/exhast or to have work done to your car?

If you want serious work done to the car try Curry's Auto..very professional people and have a dyno (AWD) as well so if you have any friends with AWD cars.. The have 2 locations. The one I've been to near Dulles.

Altered Atmosphere is another place which sells lots of stuff and they even have a dyno as well. I really wouldnt have them work on my car though.
Old 02-12-2002, 11:40 AM

Ditto to PSM's comments.

Alter is a good place to get stuff and the service is pretty good as well. They're a little picey though. The tried to charge me $400 to install a boost guage and controller. I ended up spending about an afternoon and did it myself.

Lemme know any feedback about Evolution. I beleive they can special order several bodykits but I don't have any "real" info about them. Tried to call them butm the numbers i have are wrong.

There's Han's Autobody in Gaithersburg who does awesome work. They painted and installed a Bomex bodykit on my buddy's Supra. They charged him around $1100, which is a good price since they had to custom fit it to the car. You can see the work in the photo shoot thread under member's gallery. (It's the black supra)

As for Stereo Stuff: Try Sound Solutions in Centreville. THe installer Gabe is phenomenal. His shop has trophies from wall to wall and the price is reasonable. Plus they does custom installs such as motorization and installint playstations etc.

Just me 2 cents.
Old 02-12-2002, 01:39 PM

Originally posted by JQUEST2
Lemme know any feedback about Evolution. I beleive they can special order several bodykits but I don't have any "real" info about them. Tried to call them butm the numbers i have are wrong.

Evolution can probably get a hold of special body kits. So far they are the only place that offers a S-15 front end conversion w/ CF hood for my 240SX. They also can get imported SR20det engines, as far as I know. Since they could do that, they could probably help you out.

They moved from Annadale to Chantilly, here's the addresses and number:

13903 Metrotech Dr.
Chantilly VA 20151

703-961-9090

Last edited by GTspecR; 02-12-2002 at 01:42 PM.
Old 02-12-2002, 02:20 PM

Thanks
Old 02-12-2002, 06:13 PM

yeah im dealing with evolution also, good guys, they just have too many peeps that work there , i heard cde motorsports in ffx has an s15 and a r33 gtr in their bays right now
Old 02-13-2002, 02:28 PM

Sweet

I just spoke with Jeff from Evolution. I'm going down there on Saturday to check em out...
Old 02-17-2002, 01:20 PM

The shop seems cool... Jeff seems very knowledgeable... Prices on some things are good and some questionable...(just like your momma said..) "you'd better shop around" however, I plan to pick up a few things before I make a large purchase to see verify the ability to deliver and customer service...I'll let you know what happens...
Old 02-21-2002, 12:57 PM

Jeff from evolution is cool. Nice guy.

If you go to car trendz ask for nguyen. Nice guy, close firend.

CDE is a good shop to have your alignment and suspension done at, as well as other installs.

Autoauthority ask for Ali or Manny.

Alter Atmosephere.... get yoyur car dyno'd there, buy some parts... DO not let them Work on you car.

Audio: A good friend of mine does installs at a place in laurel called Audio Visual Solutions. His name is Ata. Excellent work always.
Old 02-21-2002, 01:27 PM

Thanks for the info guys, all I need know are some addresses or phone numbers.

Does anyone know a good paint to get my car painted??

Also does anyone know where I can customize my interior??, you know leather accents kinda like the Enkei Silvia 14.5 in the Dec. 2001 issuse of Turbo magazine.
Old 02-21-2002, 03:53 PM

I have gone through a show in Frederick called Absolute Auto. The guy who does paint is named Rick. If you speak with him tell him someone from absolute imports told you to call. He is a cool guy, takes his time but it is well worth the wait.

The is another good shop in Glen Burnie called Aces.

I or my friends have had some bad experiences with some of the other shops in MD so I will not metion them here.
Old 02-21-2002, 04:49 PM

Can anybody give me at least a phone number to any of these places???
Old 02-22-2002, 05:19 AM

car trenz 301 762 5558 or 5559.

they have a shop in VA as well.
Old 02-22-2002, 06:27 AM

yeah cartrenz isnt bad they will usually beat anybodys prices and can get **** pretty fast. just a place to order not to have it installed, unless its a shift ****
Old 02-22-2002, 08:55 AM

i listed Car Trendz in my first post, so I already know how to get in touch with them

I need these other places, not the ones I have listed

Quick Reply: Anymore good shops in VA?