Mid Atlantic DC, MD, VA, DE, NC

Ideas for a VA JDM show. Feedback please!

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2006, 07:48 PM

Ideas for a VA JDM show. Feedback please!

The west coast gets all the fun and tuner inspired shows. I am from VA and my best friend and I have been in the scene for a while. We have both hosted car shows and have been judges for shows such as NOPI (and other non-maintstream shows). However I have only hosted a variety show and not a specialty (JDM) show. I know the west coast has seen multiple JDM inspired shows so we can use all the help we can get. Also VA is getting no..NO shows this year, so we want to make this worth it. We are currently scouting out several locals and I am planning on contacting the Drift Alliance and/or US Drift for a possible session at the show. I need help on the classes. I want to make them worth it but not to spread out. Here is what I have come up with so far:

Nissan
- Skyline R32,R33,R34,V35
- Silvia S13,14, Sileighty
- Fairlady Z32, Z33
- Sentra B13,B14,B15
- Other

Honda:
- Civic AF,EF,EG,EK,ES,EM,EP,FG
- Integra AV,DA,DB,DC
- Accord 91gen, CD, 98+
- Prelude BB1,BB6
- NSX
- S2000
- Other

Mitsubishi
- Eclipse D2,D3,D5
- Lancer non evo
- Lancer Evo
- Other

Mazda
- RX FC,FD,FE
- Miata
- Other

Subaru
- Impreza
- Sti
- Legacy

Toyota
- Supra JZA70,JZA80
- Celica ST,ZZT
- Corolla AE,ZZ
- MR AW,SW,ZZ
- Other

Specialty Classes:
Farthest Traveled (might be a cash prize)
Best
- Engine bay
- Suspension
- Ext.
- Int.
- Wheels
- NA (including nitrous)
- Forced Induction
- JDM (might be a cash prize for this one)
- JDM inspired (non Japanese vehicles only)
- Display
- ICE
- Club
- 2dr
- 3dr
- 4dr
- Wagon

Do you think this is too many? Did I forget anyone? I was also thinking about only giving out a 1st place for each class and a plaque to those who meet the points. The points will be a Carlisle Tuner event themed system however not focusing on just aftermarket parts but placement, jdm, cleanliness and aftermarket. We are thinking about also having a Bikini and possible Wet-T. Tentative date is June 17 near Richmond VA. Still undecided on pricing; depends on events, classes and trophies within the classes. Would this be a show you would want to attend (not saying you are)? Has anyone thrown a JDM show on the east coast/near VA? Any feedback would be awesome. Thank you for taking the time to read this post and if you reply THANK YOU VERY MUCH!
Old 03-15-2006, 07:07 PM

I'm from VA myself and there isn't much love for us VA boys . Your show sounds super sexy, if this goes down I will most def attend. If you need any help or anything maybe arangin something like this send me a email coryfaris@aol.com
Old 03-15-2006, 08:26 PM

Thanks for the feedback. We'll be posting up more info later. I'll definetly hit you up about helping if you're interested.
Old 04-02-2006, 12:36 PM

I'm from Maryland but would be interested in attending and helping arrange this. Drop me an email at jb17738@salisbury.edu if you're looking for an extra hand with this.