Mid Atlantic DC, MD, VA, DE, NC

This Is Pathetic

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2004, 07:03 PM

lol ok well look for one for me while ur at it. If i get a 240 i might just forget about doin a swap for the mean time and just pick up the car and full suspension.

dunno yet since the main reason of having this project is to do a swap right outta the box
Old 10-24-2004, 09:50 PM

Originally posted by shift_drift
im the most pissed off guy...

the guy i was buyin the 240sx from pm'ed me back and says its SOLD, NOT TO ME, i pm'ed him back and said dude, i called u by the deadline to say its sold, and told him i was going to send the deposit tuesday(navy federal is closed mondays)

this really pisses me off, the car was mine, and he sold it rite out from under me, thats the lowest thign to do

now....im back in the looking phase, which really pisses me off

later dudes, im about ot go running and do somethin that will take my anger out

nate
Sorry to hear about that bro, I can't even imagine how angry you must be. I'll help you in your quest to find an inexpensive S13. Hopefully, one of us will be successful, and when we do find one with in driving distance, let me know and I'll help you find it.

That ticked me off bro.

Take Care,
-Dave
Old 10-26-2004, 01:04 PM

Originally posted by shift_drift

NA civics...fastest street car that was all motor did a 12.1.. yea thats quick...but thats completely built b18....doubt u will have that in 2 years either, cause its not cheap, not cheap at all.

ok well you cant tell me 12.1 isnt fast. cuz it is. especially in a 4cyl NA car. Tell me any other car that can run constant 12.1's w/ no forced induction thats a 4cyl.

o yea dn 12.1 isnt the fastest a NA civic has gone. http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1035087 and thats just a recent prsn dropping into the 11's there many more.

im still deciding 240 or civic.
Old 10-26-2004, 01:06 PM

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=962406 thats the motor. take a look at that exhaust manifold, isnt it crazy. i need money hahahha. i gotta work more. WOOOO DISCOUNTS AT BEST BUY!!!! lol
Old 10-26-2004, 04:58 PM

sorry i was incorrect, the fastest all motor, street car that i have seen, which i knew the guy a lil bit, but yea the fastest all motor car in the world, drag car is a...9.8? but yea civics/tegs can be fast, course people know that, so get somethin diff, save up a lil mroe cash, like rite now, the VW bug is startin to bite...stupid rich friends...i would only get a mkII if i got a vw, just not findin a cheap 240sx isnt helpin either

later dudes
nate
Old 10-26-2004, 05:04 PM

Yeah, I guess the Civics and Integras are pretty fast cars. I mean, look at Initial D Stage 4. Of course, those are Type-R's but you get the point.
Old 10-26-2004, 05:32 PM

yea, but this isnt a car about having something different. Thats what i got the RS for. The RS isnt a common car out there. The 240 is just way too popular now a days and its gettin real annoying. By next summer they might go down in price and not be as popular w/ the main stream. i dunno.

ill basically figure out what i want basically by how much everything is gonna be. if i can do it for under 3500 (car, swap, suspesion) then id be real happy
Old 10-26-2004, 08:34 PM

I think that's what almost stopped me from getting a 240, because I was doing a lot of research and I found out that a lot of people use the 240 with drifting. Like I said, the 240 is to drifting what the Civic is to street racing.

I was always the outcast. I love to do things differently. While everyone was out street racing with their used imports, I went out and bought a brand new Cavalier LS Sport coupe and I was a force to be reckoned with. Most imports gave me my respect because my car was hooked up tastefully and was fast.

So what I'm going to do is something totally different with my 240. I'm actually going to make it look like a . . .get this . . .240. Interesting concept right. No spicy body kits, no lavish wings, no cool neon lights, no super fancy rims that are too large for my wheel well. Just a stock looking Nissan 240sx. That would be it.

Just goes to show you, that some times less is more. No one else is doing this so I guess that will give me the uniqueness that I'm going for.

Take Care,
-Dave
Old 10-26-2004, 09:46 PM

hahaha cuz cavaliers are fast and all. but id keep all my cars stock looking besides maybe some lighter rims and lowered, but stock body besides maybe a lil lip. i hate "wings, neons and huge rims." and why do u consider a cavalier to be considered as a "force to be wreckoned with" theyr slow and ugly and domestic.

u have fun w/ ur cars. im happy with what im gonna do and what i have now.

o and so ur basically saying u used to like massive amounts of rice?
Old 10-26-2004, 09:48 PM

o yea whats on ur cavalier? what times does it run? HP? weight? is it auto or manual? g-pad? anyhting lol
Old 10-26-2004, 10:19 PM

Originally posted by gc8drifter86
hahaha cuz cavaliers are fast and all. but id keep all my cars stock looking besides maybe some lighter rims and lowered, but stock body besides maybe a lil lip. i hate "wings, neons and huge rims." and why do u consider a cavalier to be considered as a "force to be wreckoned with" theyr slow and ugly and domestic.

u have fun w/ ur cars. im happy with what im gonna do and what i have now.

o and so ur basically saying u used to like massive amounts of rice?

Dude, do you read or do you just kinda look at the words and then type what's on your mind.

Number one, there is nothing wrong with a domestic. Don't even get me started on that discussion because it will quickly turn into an arguement and lead to the eventual closure of this thread. I like domestics, you don't, case closed no need to elaborate.

Number two, they're not slow. The new 2.2 ecotec engine is not only a fast stock engine. It has incredible potential. In fact the ecotec Cavalier drag car quickly rose it's way to the top of the drag class.

Three, the suspension on the LS Sport coupe STOCK, is designed for the autoX, don't believe me? Check out www.jbody.org and see for yourself what people can do with a stock cavalier.

And what the hell do you mean by I like or used to like rice, I never liked rice, and I've never said anything to imply that.

My Cavalier, put out 200.03 hp to the front wheels on the dynometer. There was no turbo charger nor a supercharger. A headers back exhaust system with no res and high-flow cat, a cold air intake and new ECU where all it took to unlock that potential.

Dude, you're a cool guy, and we've been getting along so far. But that ticked me off, let's not start going to that point. We have a good thing going on and the east coasters are few and far between so we need to at least stick together.

I'm sorry if I said anything offensive in this or in past posts and I didn't mean it to sound that way.

Take Care Bro,
-Dave

EDIT: It was a manny tranny, LOL
Old 10-27-2004, 05:52 PM

damnit i just wrote an apology and the computer froze...

well sorry about what i was saying

its just random to find someone interested in drifting and 240s and they own a cavalier.

im not saying they are bad just not my style of car.

o yea got the impression u liked rice because u were saying how u didnt want a bodykit, neons, big rims, on your 240sx so it just sounded like its something u would do with other cars. i dunno. sorry about all that

i do like some domestics, and i have respect for them, just not much for cavys and focuses as of now. i mean even the focus SVT isnt that good.

200.2 hp is pretty good.

well as i say again im sorry for offending you and everything i said.
Old 10-27-2004, 05:53 PM

o yea BHP or WHP?
Old 10-28-2004, 03:46 AM

that was to the front wheels
Old 10-28-2004, 12:13 PM

hey dude - whats ur cars power like? lets hear what u got.

also big news....im gettin a VW, i found a 1990 jetta or a 1988 GTI, which is a 2dr. i think im gettin one of em, lol.

i wish i coulda got a nissan, but....prices are goin up and....they are getting harder and harder to find, which really blows, but definately if u ever find one and the person wants to trade, let me know!!

also the plans for the vw are this...

new bumpers( so it looks fresh, haha) single round headlight conversion, KW coilovers, or just some KYB's with H&R springs, cause its cheaper.

then when i finally get the rest of my money, either a 1.8T motor from a 97 1.8t or a vr6 from a 95 vr6, cant wait to find out which.

and finally interior, full mk3 leather seats, rear seats, dash. woohoo

USMC - if u want, me and my friend can meet up somewhere...maybe a little touge action??

gc8drifter - does ur subie say TOUGE on the license plate??

later dudes
nate