NA Motor Discussions regarding N/A KA24E, KA24DE, and SR20DE

300 hp ka

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 08:11 AM

300 hp ka

Im building up a 240sx to race for the scca and i was thinking about 300 horsepower will be more than that little ka will ever need to smoke down the track. Now im still trying to learn and i dont want to swap the engine i like it as is. It's a ka24e so far everything is stock but i dont know where to look or what internals are best for what i need. Any sugestion on what company or what mods i should be looking towards.

I plan on buying a megasquirt ecu, Cams and valve springs (i dont know what kind or what to look for), maybe a stroker kit, and lighter race pistons, and lots of head work. maybe you guys can help me a little more as to were i should look for these parts and what i should look for.
Old 04-21-2009, 08:52 AM

300 hp NA?

You better do a LOT of homework.

Some of the GT3 KA24E's where pretty hot, but I believe they had a very large amount of cash to throw at them... Rebello Racing use to build them...

You might start there: http://www.rebelloracing.com/

Last edited by RMS13FU; 04-21-2009 at 08:56 AM.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:03 PM

wow man that was the best info ive gotten all year. I called this guy and they were working on one i told him what i want and he said 300 hp is nothing lol but he quoted me for 5500 for a gt3 spec motor. Thanks alot.
Old 04-21-2009, 01:35 PM

I was expecting more! $

RickY
Old 04-21-2009, 01:37 PM

They are the ones that build them...

These guys build a 231hp KA24E/KA24DE as well: www.paeco.com

Stage 4 - 231hp = $8400 for a complete engine + $800 core charge

Stage Four: These are high rpm engines designed for SCCA or drag racing where maximum power is paramount. They use 13 or 14:1 pistons, all-out racing cams, fully modified heads, Paecolloy knife-edged cranks, chrome-moly rods with titanium wristpins and valve spring retainers, oversized valves, copper head gaskets, and a number of other trick items.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:33 AM

hmmp anything is possible if u got the right set-up and tune
Old 05-05-2009, 10:31 AM

wtf
Old 05-05-2009, 12:06 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by sav180
hmmp anything is possible if u got the right set-up and tune
and money, lots and lots of money.
Old 05-05-2009, 12:39 PM
Contributing Member

why not go with something lighter and larger displacement? vh45, ls1, 1uz? the highest hp ka's i know of were in baja trucks
Old 05-05-2009, 07:52 PM

SCCA huh? what type of racing?
Old 05-06-2009, 04:00 PM

thats cuz everyone is bein to daamn scared to build one thats y..all the tuner shops jus wanna suck off the sr rb motors for the s chassis,not sayin there crap motors but we kno what they can do already and its time for the ka to shine....at one point there were saying that the ka couldnt be turbo'ed and it was a waste of time and no one was makin parts..**** now the ka got all kinda of aftermarket parts and ka puttin out 700-800 hp
Old 06-09-2009, 09:05 PM

Yeah, thats going to be pretty tough. Especially with a single cam. Good luck though!!
Old 07-16-2009, 10:23 PM

yeah bro its gunna take a lot of money but so does swapping an sr or an rb and finding parts for an rb ill pass but josh i think you know what car this is and what type of racing im gunna do lol.

but the reason im not swapping an ls1 in there is cause the class i race in doesnt allow it an that engine would be just way to much for such a little car (I like to turn, straight at that even) but i like the Ka because it has the torque that the smaller 4 bangers dont have like all those honda guys out there.
Old 07-17-2009, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by hatrick6
SCCA huh? what type of racing?
This question still hasn't been answered . . .

Originally Posted by sneezmaster112
yeah bro its gunna take a lot of money but so does swapping an sr or an rb and finding parts for an rb ill pass but josh i think you know what car this is and what type of racing im gunna do lol.

but the reason im not swapping an ls1 in there is cause the class i race in doesnt allow it an that engine would be just way to much for such a little car (I like to turn, straight at that even) but i like the Ka because it has the torque that the smaller 4 bangers dont have like all those honda guys out there.
What? I can't agree with this, an SR swap is dirt cheap now. I've seen people get pushed into a 300hp SR for just over 3k, that's installed, running and with the shop saying "if it messes up, we'll fix it at no charge".

What type of racing are you doing? You still haven't answered this question. . .

Oh and "all those Honda guys" out there, are running very fast low displacement cars.

In autocross, it's not about power, it's all in the driver. How fast your car is doesn't really matter if you don't know where your braking zones are.

In road racing, those same Honda guys, that you just tried to diss, are out there setting records in B18's with intake and header back exhaust in IT or ITC.

So I ask again, which type of racing are you planning on doing with the "SCCA" and what class do you plan on participating in? You've got several SCCA members on this site that can help you if you let them know this little factoid and you've got me, a former SCCA member and current NASA member, that would be more than willing to help class you. But so far nothing you've talked about makes any sense.
Old 07-17-2009, 07:19 AM

Yeah honda's are actually REALLY good cars. my brother has a teggy with a b18a, header, intake, aem fpr, aem fuel rail, crower cams and lifters and valve springs and retainers, aria forged pistons, bigger injectors, hes about to boost it and he already runs like low 12's. ****s a beast car. but yeah 300 n/a kaE? thats not gonna happen. I just kind of build a kade thinking, cam swap, intake, header, and a few little things would have me at atleast like 170 or something but im lucky if its even that..haha. your looking for almost double that..

Quick Reply: 300 hp ka