NA Motor Discussions regarding N/A KA24E, KA24DE, and SR20DE

FOR ALL N/A lovers

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2003, 05:36 AM

FOR ALL N/A lovers

I donno if you guys have heard of www.gude.com or gude racing. But they sell ported and polished heads, intake manifolds, throttle bodies, cams, and high compression pistons for our 240's. The fastest Ive scene a N/A 240 run was a 14.5 with all ur basic bolt ons....exhuast, headers, intake, pulley, 91 hot cams, clutch, flywheel....Thats not bad at all either, somewhere around 165hp to the wheels or something like that. Now a buddy of mine got just the head and cams from gude and added 46hp to the dyno...... He has yet taken it to the track. Gude sells the whole package with Head, manifold, throttle body, cams and pistons for 1650...... Redline goes to about 7k they said.... With all your basic bolt ons and then this gude kit. That sounds like ONE BAD N/A 240....... What do you guys think?
I always wanted a 200+ hp N/A 240 and thought it would cost me a million to build, guess not.

Robbie
Old 09-05-2003, 10:50 AM
Contributing Member

Re: FOR ALL N/A lovers

Originally posted by evil98silvia
I donno if you guys have heard of www.gude.com or gude racing. But they sell ported and polished heads, intake manifolds, throttle bodies, cams, and high compression pistons for our 240's. The fastest Ive scene a N/A 240 run was a 14.5 with all ur basic bolt ons....exhuast, headers, intake, pulley, 91 hot cams, clutch, flywheel....Thats not bad at all either, somewhere around 165hp to the wheels or something like that. Now a buddy of mine got just the head and cams from gude and added 46hp to the dyno...... He has yet taken it to the track. Gude sells the whole package with Head, manifold, throttle body, cams and pistons for 1650...... Redline goes to about 7k they said.... With all your basic bolt ons and then this gude kit. That sounds like ONE BAD N/A 240....... What do you guys think?
I always wanted a 200+ hp N/A 240 and thought it would cost me a million to build, guess not.

Robbie
What is the maintance level of a 200hp N/A 240sx? I know that once a certain power level is attained the maintanence goes up as well as the streetability going down.

1650 for 200 N/A hp doesn't sound too bad to me.
Old 09-05-2003, 08:27 PM
Contributing Member

sounds sweet...wish i had the dough...
Old 09-06-2003, 08:52 AM

I don't post on here I usually dwell on NICO www.nissaninfiniticlub.net but I've heard bad things about gude, their service and products... if you go there and do a search you well come up w/ a few threads... also I don't think their cams are street legal (emissions)
Old 09-06-2003, 01:06 PM

there are waaaay too many horror stories about gude floating around the net for me to send them my hard earned money.

-demetrius
Old 09-06-2003, 02:34 PM

Originally posted by yudalicious
I don't post on here I usually dwell on NICO www.nissaninfiniticlub.net but I've heard bad things about gude, their service and products... if you go there and do a search you well come up w/ a few threads... also I don't think their cams are street legal (emissions)
I talked to a guy at gude, u can pick ur cams. from "mild to wild" he said. Also I dont know how much can go wrong with ported stuff. Me and my buddy just used a dremel on his intake manifold and got 34 hp on his MR2, gude uses the stock head and all the parts, just charge u a core charge untill u send ur parts in.

Robbie
Old 09-08-2003, 02:27 AM

Sorry, that HP was for the manifold and the head =X . But still, we used a freakin dremel, lol. I should just have that stuff done at a machine shop, but there is only 1 around here and they are about to close down...........

Robbie
Old 09-08-2003, 03:58 PM
Contributing Member

The majority of my work is done by shops that tailor to domestics. They like me so I guess that is why they take my business.

The only shortfall I am having is with turbo tuning. They are not all up on that as they just shove a big block in a car and call it a day.

There are many options when building a NA car. Do a search for teams using 240s in Nasport racing. I think they are only allowed to run N/A

Here is a link to a team to start some research on: click me and start the real R&D

The N/A monsters are out there. I just know that there is a point where rebuilds and maintance becomes to outragous for a street guy to deal with when the HP is upped.
Old 09-09-2003, 03:00 AM

Well I know that a good port job and some good agressive cams are gonna make my car shake rattle and roll at an idle but... Im not gonna port to the point of non streetable. I would like to have a 200hp N/A car though. Itll prove alot of people wrong about the KA also. Also this motor im building up in my 98, im gonna drop it in my girlfriends s13 when Im done with this motor, after this im gonna play around with the turbo side of things... I dont think my girlfriend is a big fan of shakin from side to side at a red light getting cunfused why the car keeps wanting to stall out...3500 for a S15 front clip doesn sound bad does it? But thats the price I get =D

Robbie