NA Motor Discussions regarding N/A KA24E, KA24DE, and SR20DE

destroker de

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2005, 08:18 PM

destroker de

yea ever since i blew the bottom end out of my de ive been thinking of what to do next. i finally decided to rebuild with little more and make the de still look decently stock. now my plans are to destoke it, build the head with titanium retainers and stiffer springs, and eventually turbo it. that means turbod and the ability to rev anywhere from 9-10 grand what do you guys think and ideas or comments just post em/ open for suggestions
Old 04-14-2005, 06:50 AM

If you are reving higher.. you need forged internals. According to Vinnie for retainers and springs, you can use anything for the CA. I dont think I have seen anyone destroke the KA.. be prepared to loose your bottom end and your tourqe though.
Carol Shelby once said.. HP sells cars.. tourqe is what wins races.
Old 04-14-2005, 11:38 PM

If anything you can destroke 2.2 litres, what you will have to do is research the pistons that can be used..........
I know for a fact that you can use what are called the NAPS-Z 2.2 litre pistons and rods, these pistons were made for the 2.2 litre 200sx from 82-83 NAPS-Z engine all rods and pistons will fit to the proper deck level. All NAPS-z USDM engines carry the same crank as the KA......
Topline sells the NAPS-Z forged kits..........
Personally I wouldn't drop any lower than 2.2, like Kage said torque wins races.
At 2.2 litres the KA will rev slightly higher than 2.4 allowing to hit higher top speed, but may slow you down in the quarter mile by a few points of a second.
You will need to drop sleeves into the KA, or you can use the NAPS-Z block, KA components will bolt to the NAPS-Z block as if it were a KA, almost exact copies, but different productions...........
You will need the CA titanium retainers and springs in the KA head to achieve upto a redline of 8600RPM........

Last edited by BigVinnie; 04-14-2005 at 11:43 PM.
Old 04-15-2005, 08:03 AM

yea maybe your right but hey we will sure find out and im only going to be using my 240 for highway racing 40 rolls.
Old 04-15-2005, 10:59 AM

Originally posted by honda_killer
yea maybe your right but hey we will sure find out and im only going to be using my 240 for highway racing 40 rolls.
Be "EXTREMELY" careful on Highway races, I only do it at 3 in the mornin when there is no traffic, ride the dead middle of the freeway incase you hydroplane or get air, have an expensive suspension also, no fuc4in' around..... You will need a 5point safety harness also, and possibly a roll cage these cars do roll when they hit the walls........ I wrecked my CRX Si and almost died, also been to jail a few times, you can also get sited on FELONY charges now for wrekless endangerment of others...
I know this I have a couple cases pending.
Ride or Die Player the rush is great.......
But eeh don't quote me.........
Freeway racing is stupid, but when guys like me don't give a fuc$ I really don't care.........

Last edited by BigVinnie; 04-15-2005 at 11:05 AM.
Old 04-15-2005, 01:08 PM
Contributing Member

Sell your 240.

Highway racing is wack.

I would so beat you.
Old 04-15-2005, 04:04 PM

yeah what Landho_s13 said sellyour 240 and sell it to me!! : )
Old 04-15-2005, 08:36 PM

i dont think id ever sell it the car is just too much fun. and if i did sell it theyd only get 1/2 there is no interior no engine (for the time being) everything is gutted
Old 04-15-2005, 08:36 PM

and its not about winning or losing to me im all about going out and having some fun
Old 04-19-2005, 09:35 PM

Also found out for the ultimate destroker high rev of up to 9000+ RPM you can import what is called the NAPS-Z 1.8et " NO IT"S NOT A CA18DE". Basically the KA head will bolt to the 1.8 giving a really high compression for high rev, believe it comes with the NAPS/KA stroker crank and assembly.......
Since it comes with a turbo that won't work for the DE you can sell the turbo to a buddy that has a KA24e..........
Old 04-19-2005, 09:40 PM

OOOPS forgot to leave the pic...........
Attached Thumbnails destroker de-43%5B1%5D.jpg  
Old 04-19-2005, 09:52 PM
Contributing Member

why would you want really high compression for a turboed car though? you couldn't boost very much at all.
Old 04-19-2005, 10:41 PM

Well when you destroke your raising compression, what I need to R&D is to find out the dish size of that NAPS-Z piston. NAPS-Z engines usually ran a compression of 8.3 or 8.5. Installing the KA head will obviously change the compression ratio.......
The point was that honda killer wanted to destroke for higher rev and "eventually turbo".....
If the compression is to high you can always get a thicker gasket to drop the compression for turbo......
But with a 1.8 stroker crank engine you will run more torque than a d or b series honda engine......... Possibly more torque than the sr also, at 1.8 it could high rev more than 2.0litres.........
Old 04-25-2005, 09:40 AM

well i finally got back on the net due to my computer getting a virus and wouldnt boot so yea this is honda killer new s/n because i had to buy a new computer and forgot my password so i back finally
Old 04-25-2005, 11:38 PM

Originally posted by Waynehead05
why would you want really high compression for a turboed car though? you couldn't boost very much at all.
you don't need low compression for high boost. i am planning on running the stock compression or a bit higher when i go turbo. only benefit i have seen for going lower compression is less expensive because the le-way on tuning is better. with higher compression you need better tuning.