NA Motor Discussions regarding N/A KA24E, KA24DE, and SR20DE

gassy 240

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2004, 06:41 PM

gassy 240

First off, I searched before I posted, but didn't really find a definite answer. So here I go. My 92 S13 with the KA is running horribly rich. It idles like a car with a giant cam and puffs out gas stinky blue smoke from the exhaust. It has no power at all in the low end, but puts you in the seat at the high end. Here is what I have replaced on the car: O2 sensor, plugs(less than 500 miles on them), wires, car and rotor. I have removed the throttle body a year ago and had my friend in auto class clean it for me. I put a new gasket around it too. Cleaned the MAFS twice already, and have removed the AIV valve two weeks ago. It did not start doing this until last night. I have no clue what is going on. Oh and it is really hard to get started. Usually starts up and then stalls right back out. Any help is greatly appreciated
Old 03-26-2004, 07:00 PM
Contributing Member

sounds like a fuel pump. does it stall when you give it gas.
Old 03-26-2004, 07:40 PM

mine seems to be consuming alot of gas too but i have not had the smoking problem. I have removed the avi and have cleaned the mafs, got new plugs and wires, and have installed a cone filter. It is performing better than before but Istill have a hessitation and suging problem, so next i will be doing the tps and the o2 sensor.
Old 03-26-2004, 09:52 PM

No, it does not stall at all when I stomp on it, the car just hauls *** when I do. Sleighty, did you mention somethin about the throttle position sensor? How could that affect my fuel? What about the fuel-pressure regulator?
Old 03-26-2004, 10:51 PM

my 91 acts similar and i have done almost all the same things as you to my car, and i notice the stinky blue smoke most after the car is idling for a few, i was told maybe it was rings or valves but i hope not that
Old 03-27-2004, 12:01 AM
Contributing Member

compression test that ****, bet it's low on compression, rings being fried causes that i'm told.

fuel filter could be bad, injectors could be leaking or defective, timing could be waaaay off, check all of the above.

Dr.
Old 03-27-2004, 02:00 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by tommyboy
No, it does not stall at all when I stomp on it, the car just hauls *** when I do. Sleighty, did you mention somethin about the throttle position sensor? How could that affect my fuel? What about the fuel-pressure regulator?
No, I ment when you first start it does it stall?
Old 03-27-2004, 05:39 AM

Yes, when I first start it, it stalls
Old 03-27-2004, 07:53 AM
Contributing Member

still sounds like fuel pump, i had the same problem before thats why i think its the pump.
Old 03-29-2004, 06:46 PM

So it is the fuel pump then? Should I go stock replacement or go to a upgraded fuel pump? I have a turbo in the books over the next 3 months. And should I replace all the fuel system parts like the fuel filter, and fuel pressure regulator? My car has almost 160k on it
Old 04-01-2004, 04:39 PM

Well, I guess I just answered my own question. I put in a 300zx TT fuel filter and a new set of AC Delco plugs...and wholly crap!!! My car is now fine!! Still has the rough idle, pretty sure it is vacuum related. Im gonna replace the dreaded PCV valve this weekend. Any info on the easiest way to do this?? Thanks alot everyone, I really appreciate the help a ton
Old 04-18-2004, 03:09 PM

tommy, did you ever get your car running right? I'm having the same problem
Old 04-18-2004, 07:22 PM

No socaly4life, I did not. The motor took a dump. I checked my oil and there is a whole lot of gas in my oil. My rings are completley gone and no tellin what else. My guess is check your ecu and get a new fuel pressure regulator. Good luck