S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   NA Motor (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/na-motor-11/)
-   -   Help with egr line removal! for header install (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/na-motor-11/help-egr-line-removal-header-install-25302/)

BigVinnie 08-18-2005 07:54 PM

Originally posted by miked808
Only thing is I just removed egr where it connects to header and all of the lines are still intact.
Lines are still intacked then that probably means that it is affecting the EGR temp sensor. It's basically not reading the hot gases and the temp when it passes through to the EGR....
This code is read as a code 35.
Code 35 states-Bad Exhaust Gas Temp sensor, EGR control valve, or faulty valve wiring.....

miked808 08-19-2005 03:34 AM

Suggestions would be appreciated. Should I lean out with Safc 2 or ghetto rig the egr system.

BigVinnie 08-19-2005 09:23 AM

I guess you can run a -10% on the safc to try and lean it out from 1200RPM to the 3600RPM. Eventually through out time you are going to probably want to connect that EGR line.
I'm also not really recomending that you get an OBX, but it is the cheapest header that does come with the recomended EGR line, I would if I were you eventually change out to a header that does have the EGR line intacked.... Me personally I would save my dollars for a better header such as the HOT shots, or the DC sports. You can always sell the header you have on the dimequarterly or craigslist. There is always a 510 guy out there that does KA swapping and runs carburation, more than likely the kind of header you have would cater to them more. They dont need the necessary egr equipment when they run carburation on the KA.

There is also a better piggy back you can look into called the SMT6 it allows way more features than the SAFC, the SAFC is just more user friendly, the SMT6 you will need to use a laptop computer.....

miked808 08-19-2005 09:46 AM

I have a Greddy Header but I removed the egr line from the collector and welded it shut because I developed a leak there.

BigVinnie 08-19-2005 09:50 AM

Originally posted by miked808
I have a Greddy Header but I removed the egr line from the collector and welded it shut because I developed a leak there.
Thats probably because the greddy is stainless steel welds don't hold that well on stainless steel, especialy when the header hits really high temps............
Probably one of the reasons the Greddy was discontinued........

miked808 08-20-2005 03:30 AM

I remember you saying that many months ago, and as soon as the leak occured I thought to myself oh great Vinnie was right afterall.

Sieji 10-08-2005 04:50 PM

currently letting pb blaster soak on mine... i managed to get the AIV one off pretty easy, but that EGR one's a b|tch. I'm seriously debating about taking it to a shop, or the dealer ><... i really don't wanna warp out that bolt.

anyone got any other tricks up their sleeve?