NA Motor Discussions regarding N/A KA24E, KA24DE, and SR20DE

HKS Hi-Power Exhaust for 92 240sx

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2005, 07:39 PM

HKS Hi-Power Exhaust for 92 240sx

Ive been looking at exhaust for some time now and the HKS Hi-Power Exhaust is what im leaning towards. The only thing that im worried about is what size piping and tip i should get. My friend had 3" piping and tip on his S14 before he got the SR and said it ran fine, but before i went and spent my money i wanted to make sure there isnt any information im missing out on. So basically what im asking is i want my car to run strong with the exhaust and when i do the SR swap the exhaust size is fine. Thanks. Other exhausts that u think i should take a look at let me know please.
Old 07-18-2005, 10:43 PM

the only possible downside to this is noise, and the hiper is one of the quieter, iirc.

get the dangded thing if it`s what you want, but do me a favor and check out the BRM exhaust, profits from it support the biggest Nissan/Infiniti message board and article database on the net.

http://forums.********.com/zerothread?id=48608
Old 07-18-2005, 11:44 PM

Hi, I'm planning on getting the same exhaust as you are (mines is a 1990 s13) ...HKS Hi Power model# 31006-KN005...w/85mm piping and 120mm tip...I'm getting this model since coincidentally, I too am planning on an SR swap in the near future...but just wondering...where do you plan on buying your exhaust??...are you gonna get it new or used?
Old 07-19-2005, 12:36 AM

Well as much as i wanted the HKS, name brands arent always the best. I looked into the BRM exhaust that tryiian was talking about. WOW is all i can say. I have never heared of them but the customer service and product sounds OUTSTANDING! Im waiting for a response but if all goes well my 92 S13 most likely will have a BRM exhaust on it. If u want to talk about it hit me up at NiSmO R3dline on aim or NiSmO|R3dline on MSN messanger. Hope to hear from you.
Old 07-19-2005, 10:39 AM

True name brands aren't always the best...but HKS is an exception (in my opinion)...a lot of their race technology is proven in their products (check out HKSUSA.COM); they have an HKS Hi Power exhaust mated to an SR20DET with PROVEN horsepower gains...

Some BRM claims ; "Appearance - BRM believes in maintaining a stock fitment and appearance, and as such, the flashiest thing you'll see is the chrome tips. No weird, unnecessary angled canisters or anything like that. Just clean, timeless style." >>>if this claim was accurate, then many race cars out there wouldn't have angled mufflers and sharp mandrel bends in the exhaust piping

---in my opinion "angled canisters" follow the flow of a straighter exhaust pipe...check out some of BRM's piping and tell me if the flow of exhaust gases is as smooth as possible....I don't really think so (yes their piping has mandrel bends, but the piping definitely has some sharp angles, not so good for the flow of exhaust gases)...I'm not saying that BRM is a bad choice, its just that some of their claims like "construction" and "appearance" are kind of out-of-order...

Well, from what was posted on that forum...I guess BRM is more concerned about the "appearance" and "sound" of their exhaust systems rather than concentrating on the performance aspect of an exhaust...not much is talked about in terms of the performance value of those exhaust

Last edited by trublshootr; 07-19-2005 at 10:48 AM.
Old 07-19-2005, 11:31 AM

well iCan tell you for sure that putting one of BRM`s exhausts on your car isnt going to make it slower or lose/waste any power...
Old 07-19-2005, 01:44 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by tryiian
well iCan tell you for sure that putting one of BRM`s exhausts on your car isnt going to make it slower or lose/waste any power...
Thats exaclty right...I think what BRM is doing is works for most of us. Going for appearence and sound is a good goal. Its not like we are gaining much from an exhaust anyway....Besides they are proven to get what 8-9 donkies? Works for me...
Old 07-21-2005, 09:55 AM

Originally posted by Fast1One
Besides they are proven to get what 8-9 donkies? Works for me...
lmao