S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   NA Motor (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/na-motor-11/)
-   -   Horsepower (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/na-motor-11/horsepower-30716/)

93coupe 02-21-2006 02:14 PM

Horsepower

I was wondering on how to get the most horsepower out of my ka without putting a turbo into it and spending less that two grand, i just bought and put on the hks hi-power exhaust, my friend put one of those quest superchargers on his he likes but i think its kind of stupid but if I could any tips that would be great.

silviasichigo 02-21-2006 02:48 PM

BigVinnie should chime in he is well on his way to a high horsepower KA, I would do it this way but I can afford it.

This is what I am doing to the S15 SRDE (Little Different)
Forged Pistons, Con-rods, Double vavle springs, 316 cams, port, polished head, portmatched intake manifold/exhaust manifold, 1.0mm head gasket, ported and polished oil pump (Increase flow) Lightned Fly wheel, I will run 77mm exhaust all the way back most of the stuff is already here the rest is ordered. I will hopefully have the car together for the guy by the end of the month.

BADA$$240 02-21-2006 05:15 PM

what kind of hp range you expecting to get silviasichigo?

motegineon 02-21-2006 05:29 PM

intake, headers, exhaust, lightweight pulleys, cams, eliminate clutch fan, and a nice tune

Cape 240 02-21-2006 06:02 PM

SEARCH around, there are tons of posts on this forum on how to make power for cheap on an N/A KA.

IBTL

silviasichigo 02-21-2006 06:13 PM

Hmmm I never thougt about it I would say 250~ he is putting it into a 1988 S13 completely gutted and currently doing the suspension and body reenforcment, I have never actually built an N/A to achieve a HP goal just did it to get it running again. Engine managment will be Motech with MSD ignition trying to keep the wiring down to a minumum it will be a gymkana monster (japanese auto cross for thoes that don't know)

mys13rocks 02-21-2006 11:30 PM

DUDE lol i know how u can get hp.
u want turbo u get 500 hp full built or
u want na u can get 250hp fully built
na
do this buy high comp pistons 11-1or 10-1
get h beam rods, balance the crank and knife edge it, buy 11 lb fly wheel[fidanza]
,build the head , ferrea valvesand retainers, comp cam lvl.3 [idle around 2grand],port match intake and exhaust, MSD 6AL,super afc apexi. and some 105 octain should do it.
gona be load as shiet but yea u want power u get what u pay.[its gona be godly load]or give speedomotive a call.

silviasichigo 02-22-2006 01:42 AM

Originally posted by mys13rocks
na
get h beam rods, balance the crank and knife edge it, buy 11 lb fly wheel[fidanza]
,build the head , ferrea valvesand retainers, comp cam lvl.3 [idle around 2grand],port match intake and exhaust, MSD 6AL,super afc apexi. and some 105 octain should do it.
gona be load as shiet but yea u want power u get what u pay.[its gona be godly load]or give speedomotive a call.

:dunno:

CircuitRacer 02-23-2006 12:32 AM

Originally posted by mys13rocks
na

Haha I used to work there so I know how they operate but I'm not gonna say anything here

Flip_240Sex 02-23-2006 08:23 AM

Intake, Headers, and exhaust won't give you a big boost in power. It just 'frees' up lost hp.

I put in an AEM SRI, Hotshot headers, and a HKS exhaust and I didn't get alot of power, but I did 'feel' the difference.

The total cost was maybe a little below a grand for me, but there are alot of free, DIY mods you can do to your car. Just look up the post that Bigvinnie made about, "Why NA you ask?".

Just my $.02