NA Motor Discussions regarding N/A KA24E, KA24DE, and SR20DE

hp gains for what

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2006, 04:02 PM

hp gains for what

i searched and found nothing realy interesting...

if i take off my a-c compressor how much hp will i gain , the belt driven fan , if i by pass the hot air going in the intake , if i add a new short ram intake and bigger air filter , if i order the chip on ebay , the real eprom chip? t-body spacer , striped out interior

and what are the chances i will actualy feel that power gain ,

what if the best bang for buck thing i could do?
Old 06-10-2006, 05:15 PM

turbo
Old 06-10-2006, 06:32 PM
Contributing Member

intake, header, exhaust, cams, ecu tune, lightweight pulleys, cut out a/c pulley, get electric fans, gut your interior. If you dont notice something after all that then somethings wrong.

Last edited by motegineon; 06-10-2006 at 06:36 PM.
Old 07-05-2006, 08:18 PM

-REmoving A/c, p/s, and a lightweight pulley= slightly faster revs and maybe "free up" a couple ponies -50-60$

-Short ram intake=4-5 hp gain possibly mostly at the top of the rev band, CAI will yield more down low -25-30$

-Forget Ebay chips-instead buy or burrow a timing light advance your timing to 23-25 BTDC a few ponies make sure you use premium fuel also can advance more but you need to buy some iridium plugs because they have a higher melting point.

-Striped out interior always a good thing makes the car feel quicker,

-T-b space help out with keeping your intake charge cooler dont know if it will give you any ponies though

This is what you can expect With an intake, header,pulley,exhaust, ,JWT ecu, http://www.geocities.com/wssnider/240sxDYNO.html
Nice huh! Imagine if he had some cams or higher Comp
Thats about 195CHP.
Old 07-05-2006, 08:24 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by 3dka24
-REmoving A/c, p/s, and a lightweight pulley= slightly faster revs and maybe "free up" a couple ponies -50-60$

-Short ram intake=4-5 hp gain possibly mostly at the top of the rev band, CAI will yield more down low -25-30$

-Forget Ebay chips-instead buy or burrow a timing light advance your timing to 23-25 BTDC a few ponies make sure you use premium fuel also can advance more but you need to buy some iridium plugs because they have a higher melting point.

-Striped out interior always a good thing makes the car feel quicker,

-T-b space help out with keeping your intake charge cooler dont know if it will give you any ponies though

This is what you can expect With an intake, header,pulley,exhaust, ,JWT ecu, http://www.geocities.com/wssnider/240sxDYNO.html
Nice huh! Imagine if he had some cams or higher Comp
Thats about 195CHP.
those are good mods as well, but the cai is better for topend and the shortram is better for low end
Old 07-06-2006, 12:47 AM
Contributing Member

do the ultimate, short ram cold air! yank out the right head lamp or cut out a hole where battery tray is and relocate the wiper fluid resovoir =P
Old 07-10-2006, 11:51 AM

I did Intake Megan racing headers downpipe gutted cat 3 inch cat back stage 3 clutch and 11lb flywheel and my car feels like a whole diffrent car.Way more aggressive for being a Na 4 banger...suprised me very well.And I still yet to do light weight puleys and electric fans and still have my interior and still have stock cams....If I do light weight pulleys strip the interior JWT cams and Jwt retuned Ecu will prolly be a nasty ****er and throw a 50 shot in it.get her tuned up though
Old 07-10-2006, 12:06 PM

Hers the listing to all what i said or atleast to my meanings..

Intake4-6 hp
Headers 10-14 hp
exhaust 5-10 hp (depending on piping size)
Cams I hear Jwt offer 14Hp on thers
Retuned ecu Dontkno the Hp gains but Im sure it gives prolly 5-10 and opens gives better air fuel
Light weight flywheel- Dont gain Hp here it just frees up Hp and Helps you Rev Faster
Stage 1+ clutch- Enables a harder clamp load for Heavy duty driving and harder grabs ofcourse.
Electric Fans- Frees up some ponies to cuz it Eliminates the stupid crank driven fan.
Stripped Interior- The more Jenny craig you car has the faster it will move ofcourse I hear every 100 pounds shaves a 1/10th of a second off the 1/4 mile dont kno if this is true or not but some trial and error will tell.
Jwt or Aem Adjustable time gears- Advance your timing for about 2-5 hp gain.
Get a Safc Or some Sort of Fuel or Air Controll- My friends Claim 8Hp on there Specv's so Im estimating 4-8 Hp
And If your Seriouse 50-75 shot depending on the age of your motor and if you got guts to spray-prolly 35 hp to the wheels and its will be fast.

So Overall from stock 155 hp 160 Tq to
Estimated 220 Hp and 205 ft lbs of torque maybe.for the money of all those mods Its betetr off the get a turbo Kit.that can push 280 Hp 250 tq on 10 lbs of boost prolly and its way less complicated and get her tuned up and Fmic and fuel system upgrades youll def love it.

Last edited by BmoresZenkiS14; 07-10-2006 at 12:09 PM.
Old 07-26-2006, 09:06 AM

A short ram is for high-end and a CAI is for low end.
Same theory behind Intake Manifold we have a two piece IM with long runners hence the low end power we make, But For example a Acura Type R who screams top end has a one piece IM half the length of our runners.
Old 07-26-2006, 02:50 PM
Contributing Member

Um i thought every 18 pounds or so was like adding 1 pony... or something liek that
Old 07-27-2006, 07:34 AM

Originally posted by BmoresZenkiS14
Hers the listing to all what i said or atleast to my meanings..

Intake4-6 hp
Headers 10-14 hp
exhaust 5-10 hp (depending on piping size)
Cams I hear Jwt offer 14Hp on thers
Retuned ecu Dontkno the Hp gains but Im sure it gives prolly 5-10 and opens gives better air fuel
Light weight flywheel- Dont gain Hp here it just frees up Hp and Helps you Rev Faster
Stage 1+ clutch- Enables a harder clamp load for Heavy duty driving and harder grabs ofcourse.
Electric Fans- Frees up some ponies to cuz it Eliminates the stupid crank driven fan.
Stripped Interior- The more Jenny craig you car has the faster it will move ofcourse I hear every 100 pounds shaves a 1/10th of a second off the 1/4 mile dont kno if this is true or not but some trial and error will tell.
Jwt or Aem Adjustable time gears- Advance your timing for about 2-5 hp gain.
Get a Safc Or some Sort of Fuel or Air Controll- My friends Claim 8Hp on there Specv's so Im estimating 4-8 Hp
And If your Seriouse 50-75 shot depending on the age of your motor and if you got guts to spray-prolly 35 hp to the wheels and its will be fast.

So Overall from stock 155 hp 160 Tq to
Estimated 220 Hp and 205 ft lbs of torque maybe.for the money of all those mods Its betetr off the get a turbo Kit.that can push 280 Hp 250 tq on 10 lbs of boost prolly and its way less complicated and get her tuned up and Fmic and fuel system upgrades youll def love it.
agreed and you can always turn the boost up or down for your liking as well.
Old 08-03-2006, 12:37 PM

Engine
- Remove A/C
- Intake
- Exhaust

Drivetrain
- Lightweight flywheel
- Aluminum 1-piece driveshaft

Parts to Remove
- Back seats ~ 21 lbs.
- Automatic seat belts ~ 20 lbs.
- Stereo and speakers ~ 17 lbs.
- Carpeting ~ 12 lbs.
- Spare tire and jack tools ~ 35 lbs.
- More parts and weights

The engine and drivetrain upgrades each add/free up around 5-10 hp. You might not feel much of a difference from individual upgrades, but the combination of all of them will make a big change. Also, dropping about 100 lbs. or more of weight will improve the steering response of the car.

- Miro
Old 08-03-2006, 01:16 PM

What do you goes know about the EGR and is it a good idea to blocking it off???
Old 08-04-2006, 04:07 AM
Contributing Member

If you have OBD-1 take all the emissions out and it will free up the motor considerably. I have none on my car and it's much healthier and pepier. You WILL need a shady mechanic to pass you for inspection and emissions though...and make sure you never let a cop pop the hood.
Old 08-04-2006, 07:13 AM

alright thanx i got the EGr Blocked off now i just gotta find a plug to go into the headers

Quick Reply: hp gains for what