IACV problem - S-Chassis.com

NA Motor Discussions regarding N/A KA24E, KA24DE, and SR20DE

Old 03-09-2005, 05:43 PM   #1  

IACV problem

First of all- I searched. I've looked on every nissan forum I know of and cannot find the info I need. I'm new to this forum, but not a noob! About a week ago my car started having idling problems. I would start it and it would shut off, and would do this repeatedly unless I got on the throttle a little to keep it running. After a few seconds, when the motor warmed up a little, it idled fine. I did some searching online and decided to clean out my IACV. I cleaned it out with throttle body cleaner, put it back on, and now the car idles MUCH worse. I tried the adjusting screw but it didn't help. Before it idled when it was warm, now it barely idles. I adjusted the idle via the nuts on the throttle cable quadrant and now the car idles high enough to drive, but it's nowhere near smooth. It idles like it has a HUGE cam in it. Any suggestions? I'm in a bit of a situation here and need to get this fixed ASAP. Thanks!
xedendau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 04:40 AM   #2  
Contributing Member

check for air leaks in the iacv...make sure you got al of your vaccume lines hooked back up... the search them all for cracks or dry rot... sounds like a vaccume leak problem to me... and when you went messing with things it made the problem worse... my vaccume line from my egr valve was dry rotted and it took me forever to find it... but that fixed the first of my problems...
wikd240 is offline   Reply With Quote