NA Motor Discussions regarding N/A KA24E, KA24DE, and SR20DE

Ka24de feul filter? what should I get?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2004, 08:43 PM

Ka24de feul filter? what should I get?

I was told that some people put a Z32? feul filter on there 240sx?
I'm gonna go buy a new feul filter tomorrow so I ws thinkin if this an imrovment over the stock Ka filter then I should pick 1 up. So my question is, 1st will it fit my car and work properly, and 2nd what do I ask for when I go to the parts store? (ex. 1990 300ZX feul filter)

Thanks..Josh
Old 10-26-2004, 08:53 PM
Contributing Member

Just get a 240sx fuel filter.
There is no difference except the fact the the 300 is about twice the size with the same inlet/outlet.
It holds more fuel but thats about it( doesnt mean more performance). You can only filter so much going through that small hole.
I got one only because I got it for $3.
Old 10-27-2004, 01:00 AM
Contributing Member

Actually, it may improve throttle response. Oh, and it's cheaper than the 240SX fuel filter. It fits, a lot of KA people do this mod. And yeah, basically ask for a 90+ Nissan 300Zx fuel filter.
Old 10-27-2004, 05:25 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by ArticDragon
Actually, it may improve throttle response.
Can you explain how.

It is the EXACT design as the 240sx( typical as ALL inline fuel filter). Except it is bigger. It doesnt raise your fuel pressure or deliver more fuel.
It just holds more fuel.

If that is the case with the 240sx( bigger filter, means better throttle response) Then i'm going to adapt one I have in my garage from a Series 60 Detriot diesel.

Just because a part comes from a car that has better performance doesnt mean it is a better part.
Old 10-27-2004, 08:25 AM
Contributing Member

http://www.club240.com/forums/showth...&threadid=7583
Old 10-27-2004, 09:00 AM
Contributing Member

??
Who was that for jbask or myself?
If for myself..
Was it posted because of this one statement?
"friends swear it does help when you tromp on the gas, and that your revs respond quicker"
What a lovely butt dyno...it feels faster.LOL
Well, if you replace a old filter with a new one. You get the same results, regardless. Better fuel flow, because the filter is NEW.
You people need to understand. It is the same filtering media, same inlet/outlet. Just a bigger filter. The diameter of the fuel lines, the fuel pump, & regulator HAS NOT changed.

So someone please explain( besides for a "it feels faster").
How a FILTER can make that much noticable difference. It doesnt raise the pressure, you get no more flow. So PLEASE, explain to me how it would make the car faster

Mind you unlees you get like a K&N hi-flow filter this is a moot point( even though that still wont help, unless you change your pump). But i'm sure that isnt what we are talking about.
We are talking about going to AZ, napa, discount & getting like a fram or wix filter off the shelf, correct?
Old 10-27-2004, 12:14 PM
Contributing Member

That was for the original poster
Old 10-27-2004, 12:47 PM

Thanks fellas for all the info! I think I'll get the 300Zx one just for ****s and giggles
Old 10-27-2004, 02:10 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Project Cheap13
??
Who was that for jbask or myself?
If for myself..
Was it posted because of this one statement?
"friends swear it does help when you tromp on the gas, and that your revs respond quicker"
What a lovely butt dyno...it feels faster.LOL
Well, if you replace a old filter with a new one. You get the same results, regardless. Better fuel flow, because the filter is NEW.
You people need to understand. It is the same filtering media, same inlet/outlet. Just a bigger filter. The diameter of the fuel lines, the fuel pump, & regulator HAS NOT changed.

So someone please explain( besides for a "it feels faster").
How a FILTER can make that much noticable difference. It doesnt raise the pressure, you get no more flow. So PLEASE, explain to me how it would make the car faster

Mind you unlees you get like a K&N hi-flow filter this is a moot point( even though that still wont help, unless you change your pump). But i'm sure that isnt what we are talking about.
We are talking about going to AZ, napa, discount & getting like a fram or wix filter off the shelf, correct?
relax there... don't get all wound up because we suggest a Z32 fuel filter (which I also have in my car now). Besides the poster decided to go Z32 filter also, so no explanation necessary

on a related note: then again, if there's no point in going bigger if it's the same filtering media and the same inlet/outlet, then why do others go with oversized oil filters? Ther's a difference, granted the difference isn't as big as you're making the claims seem to be, but there's a difference. no one said it adds +10000hp dude... if you're happy with your OEM spec fuel filter, then more power to you.
Old 10-27-2004, 03:38 PM
Contributing Member

I 'm not all wound up. Just explaining that it adds nothing but more filtering & fuel storage.
I hate when people say things that are unfounded, besides" it feels faster". Most are not smart enough to know better & go with "what the crowd says".

There is a BIG difference between oil & fuel filters.
But they both do 2 basic functions. They clean. Bigger filter means the oil passes though more filtering media, cleaning the oil better. It doesnt give you more pressure or better flow. Just better cleaning. That is it.

I do have a "OEM spec" fuel filter on my car. But like I said it is from a 300zx because I got it for dirt cheap.
I dont care if he gets one. I want him to have CORRECT info.

Believe what you want. Eventually some of you may learn.
Until then, enjoy THINKING you have better throttle response..LOL
Try to teach but you all dont listen.

Oh well.
Old 10-27-2004, 03:56 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Project Cheap13
I 'm not all wound up. Just explaining that it adds nothing but more filtering & fuel storage.
I hate when people say things that are unfounded, besides" it feels faster". Most are not smart enough to know better & go with "what the crowd says".

There is a BIG difference between oil & fuel filters.
But they both do 2 basic functions. They clean. Bigger filter means the oil passes though more filtering media, cleaning the oil better. It doesnt give you more pressure or better flow. Just better cleaning. That is it.

I do have a "OEM spec" fuel filter on my car. But like I said it is from a 300zx because I got it for dirt cheap.
I dont care if he gets one. I want him to have CORRECT info.

Believe what you want. Eventually some of you may learn.
Until then, enjoy THINKING you have better throttle response..LOL
Try to teach but you all dont listen.

Oh well.
True, personally when it comes to claims I also like seeing hard evidence over "because everyone else says it's good" but at the same time if there's enough people backing up something through personal experiences, then it would be hard to argue against it unless the person conflicting the general accepted opinion has the same "hard evidence" to support their opposite opinion. And that's what these forums are for - sharing experiences, personal opinions, etc.

Most people claim (and yes, I know I'm using the word "claim") that their car feels more responsive, etc. when switching to a Z32 fuel filter. If you say it's not worth it, then show me something that proves without a doubt that there's absolutely no gain, and I'll back you up whenever someone brings up "Z32 fuel fulters" in the future.

BTW, I've read elsewhere that is has nothing to do with more flow or more pressure, but something along the lines similar to what a power capacitor does in car audio... but that's a different story.

I got my Z32 filter for $10, so it's not like I lost out big either... and if anyone asks me if they should go "OEM 240" or Z32 my answer 100% of the time is "whatever you can afford buddy"
Old 10-28-2004, 07:15 PM

Well I just finished installing the MEGA POWER 300zx filter Man its was a bit of a fight to get the feul line off the old filter with out ripping it. The new filter fits o.k but I think it may pop out of the holder, so I will keep an eye on it. I think I'' make up a strap to go around it to hold it in. I realy don't think it made a differance (and I didn't expect it to) however I think it may last longer due to the size. Also its just another small "mod" that was kinda fun to do.
Later days!!
Old 10-29-2004, 07:31 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by jbask
Well I just finished installing the MEGA POWER 300zx filter Man its was a bit of a fight to get the feul line off the old filter with out ripping it. The new filter fits o.k but I think it may pop out of the holder, so I will keep an eye on it. I think I'' make up a strap to go around it to hold it in. I realy don't think it made a differance (and I didn't expect it to) however I think it may last longer due to the size. Also its just another small "mod" that was kinda fun to do.
Later days!!
Mine hasn't moved or fallen out yet... the fuel lines also kind of hold the Z32 filter in place, don't worry about it
Old 10-29-2004, 09:21 AM

z32 fits, is bigger, and cheaper. regardless of what performance it might add, ill take it given those few things.
Old 10-29-2004, 07:25 PM

where is the stock fuel filter on s13's

Quick Reply: Ka24de feul filter? what should I get?