S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   NA Motor (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/na-motor-11/)
-   -   KA24E adjustable rockers?? (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/na-motor-11/ka24e-adjustable-rockers-16640/)

Pure Insanity 12-20-2004 07:36 PM

Well after doing some more looking, it looks like the Honda ones just wont cut it. WAY too small. I havent got too deep in yet but the Nissan lifters look to be about 10mm bores, possibly bigger.

I did see some pics of ones that have been converted tho. Looks like just what I was thinking. :bigok: Ill figure it out yet. :naughty:

And off topic, hey its my post I can go OT if I want. :laugh: One thing Ive noticed in the Nissan forums is NOONE is willing to give up any big help. Twice in this post alone Ive been told "I wont give any sources or details" basicly. Im real big into the 4 wheel drive hobby, (ex club VP, web site Admin on a few boards, owned a 4X4 shop for a while till it took over my life ) and if theres something one of us has figured out, we gladly give the info and have even done CAD plans of them and posted the files. I just dont get the Nissan communities. :confused: Its treated like a black art and the "masters" wont divulge any info. :dunno:

SSS 12-20-2004 07:40 PM

I sell them, that's why i'm not divulging any information. I will say that my personal set (the first prototype set) have held up for well over 10,000km's without adjustment.

This is how i pay for my modifications. By offering product for sale that i have developed.

SSS 12-20-2004 07:48 PM

I can however tell you how to turn the KA24E ecu into a fully reprogrammable unit like the Hondata system.
Search for a program called Live Edit on google, can't remember the exact site address.
You need to buy an Xtronics Romulator to emulate the stock eeprom, hook up the emulator to the serial port of a laptop and there you have it, a reprogrammable ecu on the fly.

This doesn't work with the DE ecu's as they use a different eeprom.

Pure Insanity 12-20-2004 08:32 PM

Originally posted by SSS
I sell them, that's why i'm not divulging any information. I will say that my personal set (the first prototype set) have held up for well over 10,000km's without adjustment.

This is how i pay for my modifications. By offering product for sale that i have developed.

AHHHHHH see now THAT I can understand. Wish you showed up several weeks ago on this topic. LOL! Do you go by any other names on other boards?

Im still not totally over building a hybrid motor tho. Still researching that one. :naughty:

Cool info on the ECU tho, thanx! Since one of the big glitches I have is deciding if I can keep the SOHC ECU, I know the wiring harness can be made to work and the SOHC dist is used...now that I know of an ECU tweak Ill have to dig a bit deeper on that. I dont see why it cant be used, my 240 is stripped down to bare essentials (block, head, intake, exhaust...all other crap is gone, ie. AIV, sec. butterflies, EGR,) and since everything else is pretty much the same, (TPS, MAF...) I dont see why the SOHC ECU wont work. Gonna have to spend some time in the MOTORS wiring schematics books at the shop.

SSS 12-20-2004 10:41 PM

AFAIK, the SOHC distributor can be used on the dohc head allowing the use of the SOHC ecu.

Pure Insanity 12-21-2004 06:21 PM

Originally posted by SSS
AFAIK, the SOHC distributor can be used on the dohc head allowing the use of the SOHC ecu.
Thats pretty much what Ive gathered also. The "software" doesnt care what "hardware" its running as long as its doing the same thing.

SSS 12-21-2004 07:05 PM

I would prefer the SOHC ecu over the DOHC purely based on the fact that it is reprogrammable easily with Live Edit and a Romulator.

BigVinnie 12-21-2004 09:17 PM

Give www.Rebelloracing.com a try they have been in the world of tuner imports for a long time. They specialize in 510's,300zx's and even the 240sx's. They do KA build up's all the time and are backed up with years of research. If you are looking for custom modification they will do what ever you want. As long as you can make a trip to Antioch,California.:thumb:

SSS 12-21-2004 10:18 PM

What relevance does that have to solid lifters?

BigVinnie 12-21-2004 10:26 PM

They make custom rocker assembly's.

Pure Insanity 12-22-2004 06:16 PM

Originally posted by BigVinnie
They make custom rocker assembly's.
Ive figured out how to fab them myself. I have one 95% done and the rest will just fly thru now that I have it figured out. Doing any fab or machine work the first is always hardest to figure out then it just flys.

Im gonna pick up a DOHC head and start playing around w/ it (port the head and intake valve job ETC) and build another complete motor to swap in. Ill be sticking to the SOHC ECU and looking into what youve mentioned. No real rush, just somethin Ill start playing w/. :naughty:

BigVinnie 12-22-2004 06:25 PM

What I really want is a roller rocker arm assembly. That gives the smoothest curves. People have compared the Z24/KA24e-de to that of old school Dodge Hemi technology. I wonder if dodge roller rocker arms by crane cams are possible to fab onto the KA head assembly.

Pure Insanity 12-22-2004 06:38 PM

Doubtful since the E has 3 different Ex rockers. I think the intakes are different too but Im not positive, the Ex ones are the ones I keep having problems w/ so Im more familiar w/ them. LOL!

BigVinnie 12-22-2004 06:41 PM

That sucks!

BigVinnie 12-22-2004 06:44 PM

Take a pic when you are finished I am interested in the end result.