- Lightweight Driveshaft
- Emissions Removed
- 740CC Fuel Injectors
- Iridium Spark Plugs/NGK Wires
- Electric Fans
- n60 MAF (70mm)
- SAFC
- Wideband O2

The car is sitting in my driveway for the TB and ECU to return, then off to the shop to get dyno'ed. Once I get my Fidanza Flywheel on there, I'm hoping for 175whp/tq. But I'll be happy if I can get close to 170whp/tq. I also have some s13 cams sitting around, not sure If I'm going to be cracking open the head to install them just yet. That might be good for a few more ponies, though also.

I'll post the Dyno when it's all said and done here in 3 weeks or so.

Last edited by ecstacytotale; 09-19-2009 at 09:50 PM.
Old 09-19-2009, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by ecstacytotale
I do, heres my list thus far:

- Cold Air Intake w/custom RAM AIR box
- Header
- Catback
- Ported Throttle Body
- Ported Intake Manifold & Plenum
- Lightweight Driveshaft
- Emissions Removed
- 740CC Fuel Injectors
- Iridium Spark Plugs/NGK Wires
- Electric Fans
- n60 MAF (70mm)
- SAFC
- Wideband O2

The car is sitting in my driveway for the TB and ECU to return, then off to the shop to get dyno'ed. Once I get my Fidanza Flywheel on there, I'm hoping for 175whp/tq. But I'll be happy if I can get close to 170whp/tq. I also have some s13 cams sitting around, not sure If I'm going to be cracking open the head to install them just yet. That might be good for a few more ponies, though also.

I'll post the Dyno when it's all said and done here in 3 weeks or so.
while you take the head apart, you should just get a full port and polish on the head. (; lol
Old 09-20-2009, 10:06 PM

throw some higher comp pistons in you'll notice a big difference in how the car runs n responds and not with the ka-e piston either,spend the extra for forged..no reason to waste your time on this cuz you cant really use s13 cam swap or any other cams other than stock with out bendin valves
Old 09-21-2009, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by sav180
throw some higher comp pistons in you'll notice a big difference in how the car runs n responds and not with the ka-e piston either,spend the extra for forged..no reason to waste your time on this cuz you cant really use s13 cam swap or any other cams other than stock with out bendin valves
I was considering going that route. But what I'm doing right now is kind of an experiment with simple air flow. That is making sure that from my intake to my throttle body I have maximum airflow (70mm). From my throttle body to my plenum I have maximum (64mm) flow, and my plenum is ported a little bit too. This is to simply see what kind of power the KA can get down with simple N/A modifications, short of cracking the head or bottom end of the motor.

So really, any mods I can do that don't require actually tinkering with any engine internals. I'm just curious to see what #'s I'll be able to put up. But after this I am going S/C so no high comp pistons for me.
Old 09-21-2009, 08:31 PM
Contributing Member

i've always thought that a better approach would be to port the plenum and leave the tb alone. it should cause a vacuum and allow for quicker air flow. but i did experimented with a ported tb and was disappointed, increasing the plenum volume but leaving the stock tb seemed allow the engine to respond better.
Old 09-21-2009, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by jramosthe1st!
i've always thought that a better approach would be to port the plenum and leave the tb alone. it should cause a vacuum and allow for quicker air flow. but i did experimented with a ported tb and was disappointed, increasing the plenum volume but leaving the stock tb seemed allow the engine to respond better.
Really? What kind of MAF were you running at the time? Stock or N60/62?

That's pretty interesting, I'm also running a ram air box that kind of pressurises the air right before my intake at speed. I wonder if that will have an effect on it either way. What size was your tb ported to? Perhaps I should look at a minimal port to 62mm instead of 64mm.