S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   NA Motor (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/na-motor-11/)
-   -   n/a tuning (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/na-motor-11/n-tuning-26286/)

l2aine 09-20-2005 06:30 PM

Originally posted by CowboyTurbo
and we DEFINITELY don't all have the same driving skills...
that should be like mandatory reading for all the dori-dori-bandwagoners we've had come along lately ROFL

"I got a Hachi and a 180sx yo... I'm ****in' Takumi and Impact Blue rolled into one driver yo... I'mma go SR + S15 conversion + 20/30kg coilovers because I'm master of not spilling my water in my paper cup that my dad puts in my cupholder-less s13 yo"

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

OKAY BACK ON TOPIC :thumb:

BigVinnie 09-20-2005 06:32 PM

Originally posted by l2aine
that should be like mandatory reading for all the dori-dori-bandwagoners we've had come along lately ROFL

"I got a Hachi and a 180sx yo... I'm ****in' Takumi and Impact Blue rolled into one driver yo... I'mma go SR + S15 conversion + 20/30kg coilovers because I'm master of not spilling my water in my paper cup that my dad puts in my cupholder-less s13 yo"

LOL.... FUC%IN' NOOBIE's

Sieji 09-21-2005 07:27 AM

Since, Vin and Raine seems to be the headliners for this topic... my question is... which engine management system/units/piggybacks have you used, or are curretly using? (It would be cool if you got some links, and maybe a tag price heh).

I've done some standalone ecu tuning on honda/acuras... for about 1k, you can pull a couple extra ponies outta an engine (hondata still sucks)

*first time seeing a standalone... my bud plugs his car's usb cord into his comp...
ME: sooo... does it come with a PS2 controller too?*

I gots a lappy, so that on the fly adjustment junk would be kick ass.

l2aine 09-21-2005 08:00 AM

google "AEM EMS" and "Apex-i Power FC" and "Greddy Emanage" for starters. You should be able to find info, links, and MSRP's.

Don't try to get us to do everything for you.
:p

Fast1One 09-21-2005 03:19 PM

Originally posted by l2aine

ooo....WOW lol...Haha I like what you did with the banner l2aine :thumb:

BigVinnie 09-21-2005 03:42 PM

Originally posted by Sieji
Since, Vin and Raine seems to be the headliners for this topic... my question is... which engine management system/units/piggybacks have you used, or are curretly using? (It would be cool if you got some links, and maybe a tag price heh).

I've done some standalone ecu tuning on honda/acuras... for about 1k, you can pull a couple extra ponies outta an engine (hondata still sucks)

*first time seeing a standalone... my bud plugs his car's usb cord into his comp...
ME: sooo... does it come with a PS2 controller too?*

I gots a lappy, so that on the fly adjustment junk would be kick ass.

Well I use the APEXI SAFC. I bought it for $265 on ebay. Works fine, and I love how I can adjust settings on the fly right on my dash, it is pretty convenient. Down side to the SAFC is that you can't shift your ignition timing, I would say that is more important than anything when you are trying to shoot for big HP numbers.
Since you have a laptop your best bet would be an smt6, it's a piggy back that can be used to lie to the ecu and actually shift your ignition timing, and it is half the cost of a standalone.
http://www.perfectpower.com/products/smt6.asp
If you want the biggest bang you should look into investing into an AEM EMS, you can get one for around $1200, don't let shops shyst you. It's a direct plug and play to your existing harness and the feature to shift ignition timing, knock sensor input, TTP is plush. It also allows you to use all of your smog equipment, and comes with many diagnostic features. The AEM EMS is really easy to use.

nsn240 09-21-2005 05:09 PM

haha, this thread is great. keep up the info posting BigV and Raine... nm about all that other s14 junk, i'm prob getting a 240 on friday (not just a regular 240 either :D)

*all info and stuff will be withheld, i want to pick it up before i start talking it up

Sieji 09-21-2005 07:14 PM

I think, a ems would be the last on my to buy list... 1.2k is still a bit steep for a working student ><. Thx for the info Vin.

nsn240 09-21-2005 07:55 PM

I hear the AEM ems is a really really nice system though... anyone had expierience with it before?

Sieji 09-22-2005 08:31 AM

Phat ka-T turbo's have used it... managed to get a KA-t de to hit up to 590-600 hp...

BigVinnie 09-22-2005 01:11 PM

Here is the link to an impressive N/A KA pumping 210 CHP. Not to much modding done but I thought you guys might want to check out the mod list.
http://www.bryanleitch.net/

CowboyTurbo 09-22-2005 08:02 PM

interesting... he's using JWT cams.