NA Motor Discussions regarding N/A KA24E, KA24DE, and SR20DE

new fuel injectors install problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2005, 07:57 PM

new fuel injectors install problem

the car ran great before the install. i put everything back the way it was and it turned over fine, but after 30 seconds it started to have a bad idle and then stalling after a min or so. i noticed a ticking from the engine that wasnt there before and white smoke the wasnt there either. i could unplug the first and last injector(not at the same time) with no change. the two in the middle would make it die. could one or more of the injectors be bad? or are they dumping to much fuel? could it be the connection plug? or did i miss somthing that i should have done? thanks
Old 11-07-2005, 08:32 PM
Contributing Member

what fuel injectors did you put in... ka? sr? turbo? with a NA engine... upgrading the injectors would just make it run rich. Also, injectors are supposed to click
Old 11-08-2005, 02:06 AM

it is a kade. i put venom injectors in. they said they are 10% more flow rate then stock and venom said you dont need a fuel management system for them. the engine has 75 shot, bored to 89.5, forged everything, p&p, and lots of bolt ons.

Last edited by nick3; 11-08-2005 at 08:05 AM.
Old 11-08-2005, 08:02 AM

ok, i looked at it this morning and now i seen a vacuum hose near the fire wall was off. i put it back on, and checked everything else. the car will run now but still idles really bad with a ton of white smoke. witch means its running rich. all injectors seem to be working now except number 4 because that is the only one i can unplug without the car stalling now. i also reset the ecu, and the only code i get is 21.(ignition signal in the primary circuit is not being entered to the ecu during cranking or tuning) could this be causing the problem or is it not related? it seems like the #4 injecter is wrong. i tested the voltage(ohms) on #4 while it was runing and it would jump from like 12 to almost 30. it seems like its getting power. am i even warm or far off?
Old 11-08-2005, 05:02 PM

leak around an o ring did u lube them??
Old 11-08-2005, 05:21 PM

no i didnt, i didnt know i had to, but still only one injector not responding. i will lube them tomorrow. i tried to move the bad injector from #4 to #1 and the #4 was fine and the #1 was bad. so i think they sold me a bad injector. isnt black smoke running rich? not white. i had enough white smoke coming out that i couldnt see out the back window. car ran really smooth before, because i had all the engine parts balanced when it was rebuilt and i only have about 500 miles on it now. now it shakes like crazy. i cant use my old injectors because they where damaged when i was taking them out. any imput would be helpful thanks about the lube.
Old 11-09-2005, 02:58 AM
Contributing Member

black smoke = carbon

white smoke = coolant but if a lot of fuel is dumping, itll be white as well. im betting on o-rings too based on prior experience (what a headache)

might want to check your oil for fuel mixing down

edit: also plugs

Last edited by re037; 11-09-2005 at 03:05 AM.
Old 11-09-2005, 04:12 AM

alright im checking after work, thanks
Old 11-09-2005, 03:43 PM

ok, i replaced all o rings, there was a little tear in them from not lubing them. i also found a wire unpluged in the back from removing the fuel rail. i pluged it back in and the really bad shaking stoped. i took the car for a test drive and it did great like it did before, and the smoke stoped, until i got on the open road and hit the gas a little more. the car started acting like it was running on 3 cylinders and started smoking again with a bad idle and back fireing. and when you hit the gas and the revs come back down it almosts stalls. and it also hard to get started, you really have to pump the gas to get it started. im almost out of ideals. the plugs are fine. i didnt change the oil yet, but it probably has gas in it. i dont think that would make the car act like that and have white smoke. maybe the o rings were cheap and couldnt hold up to the presure. i ran out of light so i have to look tomorrow. i was getting 3 codes (21, 45, and 24) there is 45 is injector leak, and 24 is park/neutral switch malfunctioning but now there is none. thanks for the help
Old 11-10-2005, 09:34 PM
Contributing Member

hmm, all i can say is keep messing with the o-rings. did you install them perfectly straight as they went in? cus if not, theyll tear <trust me on this one, (reminense to last winter)> chekc brake booster line. when mine was shaking like a mad horse, the hose tore off the connectors. even though injectors are new, id still check them to see if any are faulty just to be safe. unplug the injector connectors on top and see if the rough idle changes. make sure you check that oil before tyring to start it. gl and keep us updated
Old 11-11-2005, 03:03 PM

the brake booster hose is fine. i wiggled everything and the thing that changed the idle was the last injector. there is a little nic on the o ring. how many of these things do i have to buy. i screwed a little on each side of the injectors at a time so they would go down straight and lubed them. but i wasnt getting a code on it this time i got a really good seal but a lot of white smoke is still coming out the tail pipe and gas. why is the car so hard to start? im going to check all the injectors this weekend. im going to take the fuel rail off with the injectors still in it and turn the key to the on position and see if they drip, if so the injectors are bad, and if all else fails i will send the car off to be fixed. i can unpulg three injectors and the idle will drop, but with the last one, nothing happens. i will do it all over again and check the plugs one more time. i will keep you posted. thanks for the help
Old 11-12-2005, 04:49 PM

well i did it all again and im not getting a code for injector leak anymore, but still have gas coming out the tail pipe. the only code im still getting is 21. the plugs this time were full of carbon build up. i kept messing with a few things, and then every plug had gas all over them (but i didnt touch the injectors and this happend), i tried to change the plugs to. nothing works. the car will not turn over now. i just smell a lot of gas. the only thing i can come up with is the injectors dont work, or the fuel presure regulator, or the ecu. i will have it picked up monday to be fixed. i will keep anyone who is following this informed.
Old 11-12-2005, 10:55 PM
Contributing Member

hmm last injector might be the culprit, could be stuck open. as far as not turning over, the crank case might be flooded. see if you smell gas from the dipstick.
Old 11-13-2005, 04:30 AM

it smells like pure gas and the oil level is high from the gas. but i dont want to change the oil until the problem is fixed. from the gas going into the oil and coming out the tail pipe, i used about a quarter tank in about 15 min of time. im having it picked up monday by the people who just rebuilt the motor, there cheap and really good(rare). it sucks that i just had all that work done to the car and cant drive it. i just dont want to spend any more money replacing everything until i get it right.

Last edited by nick3; 11-13-2005 at 04:36 AM.
Old 11-14-2005, 08:02 PM

you nailed it. the last injector was stuck open and the first one was messed up also. i ordered new high flow venom injectors from another company and im getting my money back on the old ones. thanks alot. you all have been helpful

Quick Reply: new fuel injectors install problem