NA Motor Discussions regarding N/A KA24E, KA24DE, and SR20DE

New Purchases!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 11:31 PM

proof that its "OE"?

seems like just another strut bar with some nissan sticker on it
Old 11-02-2008, 09:27 AM
Contributing Member

well i don't definitive "proof" other than i've seen them on front clips... and if you saw it in person, you can definitely tell that nissan sticker isn't just a sticker... the ebay one i had was junk, the quality and finish was junk... this unit seriously has a OE feel, look, and build quality to it... i'll try and do some research on it to see if i can lock down a part number or whatev... because i'm just as interested in finding out the authenticity as some of you may be...i have a feeling it may be a fairly rare item...
Old 11-02-2008, 09:39 AM
Contributing Member

got a budd of mine on another forum who's in japan, and he said this about the strut bar...

Originally Posted by s14owner95
You car looks really good man, eff those guys on FD.com I used to frequent that site, but they are mainly a bunch of chode gobblers. My car is like the exact opposite of what you have, I already have the RHD S14SR but the body is stock and boring. (I guess it helps I'm in Japan)

As far as your question for the strut tower bar, this is a stock OEM bar that comes on every S14. It's not Nismo, but they still look nice and they are effin SOLID!
Old 11-02-2008, 09:41 AM
Contributing Member

... Nismo is an aftermarket company for Nissans. Just because it says Nissan on it doesn't make it nismo.
Old 11-02-2008, 10:38 AM
Contributing Member

well its not Aftermarket Nismo is owned by Nissan but its not a nismo strut bar they are black with red strut ends and have a nice nismo emblem..... but way over priced $250 for a strut bar pfft
Old 11-02-2008, 04:07 PM
Contributing Member

IF it was an authentic Nissan OE part it should have a Part number stamped on it some where...
also I dont recall any of the Silvia's coming w/ strut tower bars, I haven't even seen those on the Nismo 270R so IDK about that...

VC looks nice, also +1 on the BLK AEM Intake, I always though BLK looked better then Collor/Polished...

What header is that? OBX?
Old 11-02-2008, 05:21 PM
Contributing Member

yeah painted the VC and the AEM black, when i go KAT or SR, i'm still back and forth about it, i'll be painting the entire motor/trans black, going for a completly blacked out look...

as far as the strut bar, yeah it's OEM i did some research on it and they came on em.. soo woo hooo... oh yeah, and i got it for only $50 woot woot!!

as far as the header goes, thats just an ebay special... works great, looks good, and no problems with it yet (cracked welds etc.).. so works out pretty good....
Old 11-02-2008, 06:00 PM

Any plans to do any performance driving in it ^_^

-Dave
Old 11-02-2008, 07:46 PM
Contributing Member

full plans baby... i want show, or showish, i know tracking it will take a toll on my paint, body etc.. i really want to auto cross, with a bit of drifting, strange i know, to get a 240 and not be all over the whole drifting thing, but ever since i was a kid watching auto cross events with my dad, i knew i wanted to be a driver... so full plans, once i get my suspension done and start working on the engine, i plan on reviewing the SCCA rule books to find a class i'd be happy in and eventually go that route.. till then it's just tinkering, building, and keeping her looking nice...

i would be doing track/drift events now, but there's no real selection of tracks in my area, so i'm limited to the streets, which i'm not that big a fan of doing. i've spent countless hours, and gallons of gas in search of out of the way boondocks places to autoX and drift, but even locally there's not much... there's a few roads about 45 minutes out of town that are decent, but as i stated previously, i'm not a big fan of the whole street racing thing... so we'll see...

also, i have little experience with drifting, and i would rather have someone teach on these back roads than go myself not knowing what i'm doing, alone... the problem is that learning takes time and i would like to spend more than 10 minutes in one spot without having to relocate due to the possibility of police. kinda hard out here, but i'll get there, i've only owned my car for little over 4 months now, and have accomplished so much (ie minor bolt ons and exterior appearance), i just hope i can keep the ball rolling with suspension and drivetrain, and then racing..

Last edited by BlackZenki82; 11-02-2008 at 07:56 PM.
Old 11-03-2008, 02:44 PM
Contributing Member

well guys, just another simple update, just keeping ya all informed on whats going on with my ride... today, i decided i'll pull off the eyelids and wet sand my lenses down to try and clear em out a bit, i think they look good. i didn't replace the eyelids though, and it's really different looking to me know seeing those fully stock Zenki headlamps... i think i'll rock em naked for a while looks kinda cool... oh and the eyelids were the first thing i did to my car...

here's the pics!!!

before....

after... that's my buddy EZs S14 in the backround, he's got a 300whp redtop he's putting in this month... nice...

god, i'm always doing SOMETHING to my car, just wish i had some money to make it fast....
Old 11-03-2008, 03:24 PM
Contributing Member

well.... ya don't so i say you give it to someone who can make it fast!

jk.. kinda... not really
Old 11-03-2008, 03:48 PM
Contributing Member

buy a video call "Drift Bible" its a video hosted by Keiichi Tsuchiya and it explanes alot of basic to advance drift techniques. its very informative and fun to watch. also the main car he uses is a white zenki s14 silvia lol
Old 11-03-2008, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by USMCDrifter
Any plans to do any performance driving in it ^_^

-Dave
Old 11-03-2008, 10:12 PM
Contributing Member

what's with all the gay "jdm" wanna be silvia stuff?
Old 11-03-2008, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by BlackZenki82
well guys a few new pics of my Silvia badges... just got em in the mail about an hour ago and couldn't wait to put em on.... i was going to go KAT but now i think i'll be going with the S14 SR20DET might even get the whole front clip for a RHD conversion (luckily my neighbor has welder, make the job sooo much easier), going for a USDM Silvia i guess... we'll see!!!

here's some pics... i also got a video of my exhaust, doesn't sound as good as it does is person, but thats what you get for using a point and shoot digi cam... if you guys are interested i'll post a link in a while....

PERFECT FOR A SIG PIC...hint hint 240-kid...

this one speaks for its self....
how much for the shirt in a 3X?