NA Motor Discussions regarding N/A KA24E, KA24DE, and SR20DE

nissan in distress

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2003, 04:12 PM

Unhappy nissan in distress

Something is wrong with my car.
if anyone can help out, i would greatly appreciate it

the other day after i posted the oil leak question i had to go to the bank. i started my car and put it in gear, and it worked just fine for 2 stop signs and a red light. at the second red light down town, i pushed the clutch in and tried pulling it out of gear. the car shuddered and died. kinda like when theres too much gas and not enough clutch. i started it up again and it started just fine. i pushed the pedal in and tried to put it in gear and it was like i wasnt even pushing the clutch in at all. it shuddered and died after i finally got it into reverse. after i did that for the second time, i just left it in reverse and started the car. it started just fine but right after it started to idle, it shuddered like it was going to die. i barely got it backed up to the curb. after that i just left it alone.

i have a friend that has a shop and we are going to look at the thing but we havent gotten a chance to yet. i understand that the clutch could have just gone out, but i heard that if the clutch is going to go, it acts up a little before it finally hits the crapper. my car was acting just fine the day before, and on the morning it messed up. everything was normal until that second light.

there is plenty of pedal pressure when i push it in, and the reservior is up to the line.

if anyone has any ideas as to what to check out for simple problems it would be great. anything else would be cool too.
Old 09-27-2003, 11:40 PM
Contributing Member

Thats odd man..Pressure plate? Havent come across
a problem like this..
Old 09-28-2003, 01:11 AM

its crazy and it pisses me off. i was just about to try fixing the oil leak after i cleaned the engine. i was actually going to do it and then something else has to go wrong.

me and my friend are going to drop the tranny and look at some stuff. try to figure it out.

its going to be awhile though. he has to wait on a radiator for someones thing. it got messed up and they dont want to buy a new one. pain in the ***.
Old 09-28-2003, 08:52 AM
Contributing Member

o0k man, Tell me wut the problem is when ya find out.
Old 09-30-2003, 10:18 PM

nobody has any ideas? at all?

i still havent gotten to check it out yet, but as soon as i do, im gonna squeal. hahaha
Old 10-07-2003, 05:02 AM
Banned

might be the clutch slave I here they go bad pretty often on these cars. I figure if it is bad then it's not pushing the clutch in good or releasing it. Not hard to change it's on the pass. of tranny.Good luck
Old 10-07-2003, 10:44 PM

we have already changed that out. it was a little leaky when i got it so out it went. after that thing happened, we checked it again just to make sure something didnt break. it still looks alright though. after we drop the tranny we are going to check it again anyways.

thanks for the info