NA Motor Discussions regarding N/A KA24E, KA24DE, and SR20DE

project 240 took a turn for the worst (car will not start no fuel/spar)k

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2006, 07:05 PM

Angry project 240 took a turn for the worst (car will not start no fuel/spar)k

hey I just finished a rebuild on a project 240sx I bought. When I got it the timing chain was snapped due to the upper guide breaking off into the engine. I just finished the rebuild but I am not getting any spark and no fuel. I checked the fuel hoses and my pump does work. Even though the car has been sitting for a while the fuel filter is not cloged or anything, everything looks good, the fule is definitely going to the fuel rail. Now, my injectors are not fireing I think that might be related to my distributer. I am not getting any spark either from the plugs so it may be possbile taht my distributer is bad. My friend told me that I could take the distributer out and spin it with my hand with the car key turned so the electrionics are on. He told me when I spin it by hand the injectors should click if they are then my distributer is working and the injectors are fireing. He also told me when I do this the I should see some spark from the spark plugs that is how I can determine the distributer is fine. Oh I forgot to mention I tested the injectors and they are all good, for the most part. When I didnt see spark from the spark plugs I moved over to the ignition coil and still no spark. any suggestions... I am kinda pissed since I thought I just finished this project car and its giving me all these new unforeseen problems.
Old 08-22-2006, 01:10 AM
Contributing Member

ecu sending a signal to the coil?
Old 08-24-2006, 09:59 AM
Contributing Member

check your grounds.
Old 08-24-2006, 12:53 PM

I connected 2 grounds on the passanger side to the front cover and another ground on the driver side to the fire wall those were the only ones I saw. I striped the engine down to the block so is it possible I missed a ground. agian those are the only ones I saw anyone know if I missed any? I also ran the ecu codes I got code 11 the Crank angle sensor I read in one thread that its on top of the bell housing for the tranny but I looked in the manual and didnt see it in the diagram can someone tell me exactly where its located. I dont remember taking it off but for one reason or another my ecu is giving me that code so I want to check it. It might explain why I am not getting spark but I dont think that would account for the injectors not fireing would it?
Old 08-25-2006, 12:29 AM

I checked my ecu and it gave me code 11 which is the crank angle sensor. So I checked the sensor since its right on the distributer and it looks alright. I searched around and I was reading several different things ranging from the CAS resulting in the injectors not fireing and spark issues to other people who claim that they have started their car without the sensor. I read that there is another CAS on the transmission bellhousing but that is only for diagnosis that person claimed. I dont know if thats true and I havent been able to get too much help from the manual on this topic. can someone set me stright about this sensor. COuld this be the key to all my problems or should the car be able to start without it? is there really another CAS on the bellhousing of the tranny for diagnosis? and if so because I got code 11 would I have to change the one on the distributer and the one on the tranny? The connecter looked alright when I inspected it on the distributer for the crank angle sensor (CAS) if I want to change the sensor does the whole distributer have to be changed with it?