NA Motor Discussions regarding N/A KA24E, KA24DE, and SR20DE

Pulling the KA(D); Lifting the motor q's

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2006, 10:35 AM

Pulling the KA(D); Lifting the motor q's

Whats up guys. I'm getting ready to pull my KA out of my 92 coupe. I've got the engine harness pushed off to the side, the tranny unplugged (but not unbolted). I may decide to drop the tranny later first.

My question is about all the hoses. There are a bunch of hoses connected to the motor. I've tried searching for steps on how to get the motor out but i couldnt find any. Do I just start disconnecting hoses and put a bucket underneath for what all might drop out? Or is there any special precautions, besides venting refrigerant into the atmosphere. I want to get the motor out soon and I don't know where to go. I appreciate the help guys. thanks.
Old 02-28-2006, 10:56 AM

Be sure to depressurize the fuel system before you start disconnecting the fuel hoses. I'd be sure to have a bucket handy for any gas that may come out. Other than gas you will really only have to worry about coolant, but its not that bad. The AC hoses are very distinguishable from the other hoses as they are alot thicker (just detach the A/C compressor from the engine and you will be done with that), most of the other hoses are vacuum lines.
Old 03-02-2006, 03:53 PM

Also, make sure you disconect everything, b/c theengine won't stop for any small cable, and even with all the conectors there, it will still rip them all apart. any cable you don't unplug, is cable riped. Coolant: underneath the radiator there's a litle plastic screw, take collant off here, then the bottom hose will drip some too. If ur removign the engine, take out the PS pump, and you don't have to bleed it later. And the A/c.... I'll be really loud and noisey when you disconect it if its full, and It scared the **** out of me. good luck, mine is in the bay beign held only by a Jack and a piece of wood!!!!