NA Motor Discussions regarding N/A KA24E, KA24DE, and SR20DE

Speed limiter

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2002, 08:26 PM

Speed limiter

Where do I go to get the chip to get rid of this damn speed limiter. I hate it. I was doing 115mph, then all of a sudden it kicks in and I can't go anywhere.
Old 07-31-2002, 10:04 PM

its not a chip, its a wire you can cut, but i'm not sure how to tell you to cut it, just start cutting wires, you'll get it sooner or later
Old 07-31-2002, 11:42 PM

You can't be serious. I know in my alty, you have to replace the ECU, I doubt that I would just find the right wire and cut it on the 240sx
Old 07-31-2002, 11:49 PM

nope, really it is just one wire that you can cut and you'll be done with it! so start cutting
Old 07-31-2002, 11:51 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by AunVoh
nope, really it is just one wire that you can cut and you'll be done with it! so start cutting
i dunno about all of that...lol

i REALLY think you should try and not start cutting wires...maybe if you have a friend thats a mechanic, or if you take it to some shady hole in the wall place they'd do it...under the tabel of course
Old 07-31-2002, 11:53 PM

don't listen to Leif, just start cutting already, or if you don't want to spend all day cuting, you could just light it on fire, that works every time, trust me, after that you wont have to worry about hitting your limter EVER again
Old 08-01-2002, 12:04 AM

don't listen to Leif, just start cutting already, or if you don't want to spend all day cuting, you could just light it on fire, that works every time, trust me, after that you wont have to worry about hitting your limter EVER again
You are evil. Im not going to start cutting wires. If someone knew exactly which wire and were this magical wire is, I could do it myself, but just start cutting is just plain stupid.
Old 08-01-2002, 05:54 AM
Regulate

I started cutting all my wires, now my car doesnt start, my dash doesnt light up, my clocks out, the lights dont work, but i'm sure the speed limiter is gone now! Thanks Aunvoh!
Old 08-01-2002, 06:23 AM
Contributing Member

Seriously though, you can probably do a search on www.altimas.net and someone there can probably tell you exactly what wire to cut or how to exactly do it.
Old 08-01-2002, 10:54 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Import Fanatix
Seriously though, you can probably do a search on www.altimas.net and someone there can probably tell you exactly what wire to cut or how to exactly do it.
i dont know about those people on altimas dot net...they aren't the sorta people i'd like to associate myself with
Old 08-01-2002, 11:07 AM

ah, but their better then ****ING VIKINGS!
Old 08-01-2002, 01:46 PM
Contributing Member

Get a Factory Service Manual. Find the wire to the ecu. Find out if the circuit can be jumped out. It will be better then just cutting.

Or look for a chip. Is your computer compatable to any others?
Old 01-28-2003, 12:43 AM

I cut a bunc hof wires, now im running low 13's

Hey don't worry looking for any chip, just take AunVoh's advice and cut away. I did, and now my car fly's. Thnx AunVoh
Old 02-17-2003, 08:34 PM

After reading the first solution I looked into finding a simpler solution. Best of all, everything can be done at the computer. My car is a 89 with a 96 ka24de, but all the wiring and computer is 92. On my computer, there is a yellow wire with green stripe, 8th one over from right on harness. This is the vehicle speed sensor signal. Cut that wire. That is it. If you have a California car I think it will trigger a code, but for the rest of us, it is an easy trick. Your speedometer will still work because the signal comes from the tranny, goes to the gauges, THEN feeds the computer. I had to find a solution because my car comes very close to the speed limiter at the end of the 1/4. If anyone can beat the revlimiter let me know. I'm working on it.

I found this on NICO forums. hope this works, Ive never tried it. Good luck.
Old 02-17-2003, 09:09 PM

tried that already, but that is if you have a 92 witha DOHC, it doesn't work with the SOHC motor. your car will actually stall out and your fuel pump will cut off at anything over 3000RPMs

Quick Reply: Speed limiter