NA Motor Discussions regarding N/A KA24E, KA24DE, and SR20DE

throttle res.

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2002, 01:51 PM

throttle res.

i know there is a thread on it right now but no one seemed to reply to my question , what is the procedure for a 93 240?? ka24de??? and by doing this will the car have some what of a jerk when letting of the throttle?? help with specific instructions please.
Old 10-31-2002, 02:47 PM

The procedure for tightening the throttle cable is the same. There's only one line if you don't have cruise control, though.

By having a jerk when letting off the throttle, do you mean will the car slow when you lift off the throttle (compression braking)?? Assuming you don't mess anything up, then yes it should.

Anyways, to tighten cable slack easily, loosen the threaded end of the cable at the throttle body by loosening the nuts. Thread the back nut (the nut on the side of the threads where the threads eventually connect to the throttle cable itself) as far as it will go. Pull the threaded end through, tightening the cable. If there's tension in the cable then you've gone too far. It shouldn't move when you aren't pulling of pushing on it. Adjust the back nut so that it meets the throttle body actuator. Finally, tighten the nut on the terminated end of the threads.

The correct/ better way would be to do this adjustment at WOT, with the pedal fully depressed. Otherwise, if your throttle cable is too tight, you risk damaging your throttle body.

Throttle engagement should be smooth. If you have trouble modulating low or initial throttle engagement then your cable is too tight.
Old 11-11-2002, 03:45 PM

wouldn't this be a trouble for 1st gear on a manual, I mean you would have so much throttle response in low rpms that you will always spin out even at the lightest push of the accelerator? I was just wondering, I also read the other thread and I think he is referring to his automatic, which would make sense because you can't have that much control like a manual, I could be wrong though, please enlighten me.
Old 11-11-2002, 08:59 PM
Contributing Member

my car peels in reverse easier now. the throttle dosent go from closed to wide open in an instant. just reacts quicker.
if you want the tires to spin then they will in one.
but olny if you want em to