NA Motor Discussions regarding N/A KA24E, KA24DE, and SR20DE

underdrive pulleys

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2005, 09:00 AM

underdrive pulleys

was reading the article on import tunners website and they were talking about ultra ss pulley for the ka24. but on their site it only list one pulley .. does anyone know where they sell all the pulleys for the ka24?? im looking for crank powersteering and alternator or whatever.. you know which one slol..thanks in advanced..
Old 05-02-2005, 09:08 AM

Unorthodox Racing
Old 05-02-2005, 09:21 AM

nah really you dumbass im tlaking about them... im looking for a place that sells the ss kit form them .. they website only list that they sell the crank pulley for the 240. but import tunner put on a ultra ss kit (crank,power steering, a/c, and altenator) thats what im looking for ....

also please excuse the insult i just couldnt beleive you would say that lol...
Old 05-02-2005, 09:35 AM

Well you didn't name them now did you?
You also called it the ka24.. it comes in two forms e and de.
The pulleys are different for both breeds..
but your sig says 91 so I am sure you have de...
Several ebay copies include the tag of ultra ss relying on that is worthless.. there are other manufactures of pulleys as well.. obx, asp...
so congratulations on looking like a ******* on the internet for insulting someone trying to offer help...
Here is one site that offers them
took two seconds of googling to find them..
Old 05-02-2005, 05:12 PM

Originally posted by thekage
Well you didn't name them now did you?
You also called it the ka24.. it comes in two forms e and de.
The pulleys are different for both breeds..
but your sig says 91 so I am sure you have de...
Several ebay copies include the tag of ultra ss relying on that is worthless.. there are other manufactures of pulleys as well.. obx, asp...
so congratulations on looking like a ******* on the internet for insulting someone trying to offer help...
Here is one site that offers them
took two seconds of googling to find them..
well said. And zeroGrips13, if you can't even figure out where to buy freaking pulleys at, you are going to be asking a lot of questions on here and you might want to show a little bit of respect. Otherwise, you are going to remain a kid with dreams because no one is going to want to answer your dumbass questions.

Now, Unorthodox Racing used to sell the full pulley set but as of now they only show the crank pulley on the website. Why don't you give them a call and find out if they sell the full set. still. And if you are feeling really generous, you could share the answer they give you with the rest of the community.
Old 05-02-2005, 06:18 PM
Contributing Member

they still had 2 kits when i called them about the set... but that was a while ago... i decided to forget doing the pully sets... i am working on an electric drive system so no need for the under drive pullys...
Old 05-03-2005, 07:30 AM

umm i appologized for insulting it was more of a joe thats my type of personality i also know of places that sell them but only the crank pulley so all you people assuming things your the one who look like the dumbass .. i also have emailed and got an answer ...so chill...you took everything the wrong way plus i had 2 mins to write this before changing class so i had to be breif and does it matter if i ment de or e if they sell a full kit for one they prolly sell it for the other... anways i am sorry if i offended anyone thats just how i am..... re read my post i said pleaser excuse the insult...anyways thanks i guess
Old 05-04-2005, 12:33 AM

Originally posted by wikd240
they still had 2 kits when i called them about the set... but that was a while ago... i decided to forget doing the pully sets... i am working on an electric drive system so no need for the under drive pullys...
LOL..............
I'm thinkin the same thing..................
Don't even use the engine to pull your AC/power steering/alternator/and water pump..........
Use dc/ac inverter 2200watt peak/25amp, OPTIMA 18volt battery, and an electric motor to run those *****'s, save 22HP at the wheels...........
6hp loss through the power steering
6hp loss through the AC
4hp loss through the water pump
5hp loss through the alternator
Those donkey's shure do add up!!!!!!!!
Why use the gas engine when you can use an alternate electrical source.......
A little cash welding/fabing and let an electric motor do the work......
I laugh at aluminum pulley's........ROFL
Just kidding, it's yur perogative do what ya wan't to do "like Bobby Brown"......
But if you think about it to only achieve 3HP at the wheels for a $300 unorthadox pulley kit isn't my cup of tea, yur still pulling "weight" from those other pulley sources........

Last edited by BigVinnie; 05-04-2005 at 01:04 AM.
Old 05-04-2005, 03:21 AM
Contributing Member

see vinnie i listen... we are digging thru the parts bins at work to find something that will work for a dc motor... ha have a ton on em... just got to find a small enough one to work...
Old 05-04-2005, 07:21 AM

well i sourced an unorthodox ps,waterpump,crank pulley for 215$ new.. so i think its worth it plus im eliminating the a/c and going to use and electric fan so ill be freeing up a decent amount of hp i think..well as much as i can without using electric motors or suffering from stiff arms (no ps)
Old 05-04-2005, 09:16 AM

The only reason why I am devising something like an alternate power is because I like the luxury of air conditioning..........
I found a small enough 5hp electric motor that is small enough to fit in the engine bay, it is coming off of one of my dads old cement mixer bins.........
The electric motor should idle fine at 2000rpm, perfect for not blowing the power steering pump, which would usually happen if I was to steer on high rev drifting........
I also get to keep the stock fan, but at that idle I may remove it and install an electric fan anyway..........
I know you listen wikd your brain is like a sponge, we should get together to market such a product............
Old 05-04-2005, 10:25 AM

big vinnie you idea is interesting and i hope you can figure something out.. the only thing is it not for me..thats why im trying to take away as much power robing crap i can without sacrificing the things i want...
Old 05-04-2005, 10:29 AM

if there is a demand for the pulley set from unorhtodox we might be able to get them to make them again...if you want the pulley set to be made email brian at brianc@unorthodoxracing.com.. the more people who email the easier it will be for him top convince his boss to start making them,..
Old 05-04-2005, 11:00 AM

Originally posted by zeroGripS13
if there is a demand for the pulley set from unorhtodox we might be able to get them to make them again...if you want the pulley set to be made email brian at brianc@unorthodoxracing.com.. the more people who email the easier it will be for him top convince his boss to start making them,..
that is a good idea........
Old 05-09-2005, 10:34 PM

hey guys, for some of you who are in search of pulleys but dont want to pay ridiculous amounts of cash you may want to check out NST, www.NonStopTuning.com
I have some of the NST stuff and have enjoyed the results.

Quick Reply: underdrive pulleys