NA Motor Discussions regarding N/A KA24E, KA24DE, and SR20DE

Wiring S13 Power Folding Mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2004, 04:51 PM

Thumbs up Wiring S13 Power Folding Mirrors

I searched for this topic today, but ended up not being able to find anything, so here you go guys. this is as easy as she gets. I'll post pics should I get the opportunity.

IMPORTANT: this install done on a car already equipped with OEM power mirrors.

Remove OEM mirrors.
Remove Door panels.
Remove Center console for access.
Remove underdash cover for access.
Install JDM mirrors as OEM mirrors.

Now...easy part done, here comes the almost as easy part. You will have an extra harness with a Blue and Green wire. Leave these hanging for now. Your new mirror relay or control box will have 3 extra wires (the rest of the wires are identical save one that is a different color). All three wires are on the bottom row and will be green, then blue, then green. Remove them from the JDM connector (most likely cut) and install them into the USDM connector.

This done, you might as well use your wires strippers and remove about 3/4". Reading the wires with the blue and green side by side on your left, and the other green on the far right. The green next to the blue is a ground. Find a clean reliable ground and ground it.

Now you have a blue on the left, green on the right. You can't screw up, because it's color coded now. Run 2 wires to the left door, and 2 wires to the right door. A green and a blue to each side. Splice green to green, blue to blue. So in total you run 4 wires from the center console. a blue to each side, and a green to each side. Turn key to access. and test before reinstalling panels and center console. If you did it correctly, you're now sporting JDM power folding mirrors. Any questions my e-mail is BrianNVDCustoms@sbcglobal.net. Good luck!