Northeast WV, PA, NY, NJ

11/15 Meet NYC Biweekly Suggestion for a Spot

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2002, 07:31 AM
Contributing Member

11/15 Meet NYC Biweekly Suggestion for a Spot

Well I am posting early because I like the outcome of the last few meets and would like the same to occur in the future. All that were there knew that it was cold on Friday But thats why we did the diner thing which was very cool also.

I am just asking for Ideas on what you guys want to do on the 15th? Diner, Pool, and all that other stuff. So lets see some suggestions and I really like Tantrum's idea before for the pool hall, but some are not 21, so maybe a nother spot? Let's see.
Old 11-04-2002, 11:46 AM

well pool halls come a dime a dozen, the only consideration is for those bringing their 240's. I don't care, I'll go anywhere cuz I have another car to use. But for those who do not have a choice as to what car to bring, help decide where you wanna hang out as it will ultimately affect you and your decision to come and park. Lets try to get something together for 11/15. Peace
Old 11-04-2002, 01:34 PM

i think its important we bring our 240s to each meet. its good we get to meet eachother but, Meets should be mostly about the car. we aint interested in the owner of the 240sx. aight.

anyways, what about places in brooklyn, staten island, long island, etc etc. places that might have big parking lots for our cars. keeping it safe, from what i know there arent any pool hall with parking, but maybe there available ones outside of queens. if the meets dont provide us with parking, why bother going? we gotta keep our cars safe. aight. THE CHROME CONTINUES TO SPIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-04-2002, 06:03 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by badass240sx
i think its important we bring our 240s to each meet. its good we get to meet eachother but, Meets should be mostly about the car. we aint interested in the owner of the 240sx. aight.

anyways, what about places in brooklyn, staten island, long island, etc etc. places that might have big parking lots for our cars. keeping it safe, from what i know there arent any pool hall with parking, but maybe there available ones outside of queens. if the meets dont provide us with parking, why bother going? we gotta keep our cars safe. aight. THE CHROME CONTINUES TO SPIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I agree that it is important to bring the cars to the meets. I actually do not agree with you on the interest in the owners. I have made some good friends who also own 240s. Tantrum if you don't want to bring out the little monster don't worry about it. I still want to chill and pic your brains about parts, installs and experiences.

I can get spots with parking. I can get resturants to host us.

I was considering working some things out. Laying the groundwork for next summer.

We must think outside the box. Post if you are interested in what I am saying. Post if you don't agree.
Old 11-04-2002, 06:09 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by StanBo
I agree that it is important to bring the cars to the meets. I actually do not agree with you on the interest in the owners. I have made some good friends who also own 240s. Tantrum if you don't want to bring out the little monster don't worry about it. I still want to chill and pic your brains about parts, installs and experiences.

I can get spots with parking. I can get resturants to host us.

I was considering working some things out. Laying the groundwork for next summer.

We must think outside the box. Post if you are interested in what I am saying. Post if you don't agree.
i agree stan... and for badass... what are u talking about ? meeting the person behind the machine that moves is kool... you get to know alot of stuff... i rather meet the people than see the car... unless u got a sr20
Old 11-04-2002, 06:32 PM
Contributing Member

Meets are for two reasons: one of which is primarly to talk to owners of the car. second to see the car. If we can't see the car, we can at least still talk to the owner for advice and experiences blah blah blah.

But we need the owner first and foremost.

Outside queens is cool, no doubt about it, but most of us are from queens/brooklyn (mostly queens though). Well whatever you guys are down for U know I'm down.

Well lets see how it goes, we have 2 weeks lets get some ideas
Old 11-04-2002, 07:59 PM

ok ok ok I think we should bring the cars, since they do represent our common bond. i might or might not bring mine for obvious reasons (my S13 suffers from severe abandonment issues). I'm down to travel anywhere pretty much, just so long as i have a good time I don't care. So where you guys wanna do this? that should be first and foremost. I'm outta ideas, and i don't have any outside of Queens so I'm open to suggestions.

And on another note, looking at all the cars is all well and good, but it helps to talk to the owners so that you might learn a thing or two, or maybe teach a thing or two. Besides, who wants to go to a MEETing and not MEET anyone? Seems a little POINTless
Old 11-04-2002, 08:36 PM

How about D&B (Dave and Buster) at Palisades mall. I know it's a little far from queens (30min drive) but D&B has a restaurant, pool tables, bar, big *** parking lot, all the latest arcade games
and specially.....girls! There's also, Jilians (By Roosevelt Mall) in LI is pretty much the same but not as fun and prolly little closer.
Old 11-05-2002, 09:45 PM

well, for those who have been around for awhile. weve been trying to have meets at differ places in the past. long island, NJ, astoria park, franny lew, etc etc. And none can compare to the numbers of 240s we had on queens blvd. It seem that anywhere along queens blvd is the best spot for now as it resulted from our biggest meet. I guess because it is in our local area or its easy to find, so why fix it when its broke. why not keep it queens blvd for now
Old 11-05-2002, 10:35 PM
Contributing Member

Location Location Location.

Nismo has a point. People that come in from other areas can hit Queens blvd easily from the highways. Lets hit a couple more meets before we move.

There are still members who have not been to the current spot. There are also members that have not stayed for the whole meet.

I say we work on our spot now. Either we break it in and make it home or wear out our welcome.

All we need is to move the spot and loose visitors because we don't show that we have a unified set meet.

She is running smooth now. Lets not create challenges that are not needed.

There are other things we can use our energy for.
Old 11-06-2002, 07:21 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by StanBo
Location Location Location.

Nismo has a point. People that come in from other areas can hit Queens blvd easily from the highways. Lets hit a couple more meets before we move.

There are still members who have not been to the current spot. There are also members that have not stayed for the whole meet.

I say we work on our spot now. Either we break it in and make it home or wear out our welcome.

All we need is to move the spot and loose visitors because we don't show that we have a unified set meet.

She is running smooth now. Lets not create challenges that are not needed.

There are other things we can use our energy for.

very well said stan... i think someone previusally mentioned we change spots... im in for anything we got... just make it indoors
Old 11-06-2002, 08:03 AM
Contributing Member

Well then its set. Its a fine running machine and lets leave it as such. Sage Diner was actually not too bad the service was helpful and they had our table setup already. They had no complaints about us and thanked us very much for coming when I paid the bill. So let's make it over there and Let's continue to the growth. I just wanted to see what everyone's opinion was and I pretty much wanted to keep it there so glad some are on the same page.
Old 11-06-2002, 08:13 AM

You know the Maxima ppl had a meet at Georgia at the same time and date? That sucks we didnt coordinate together since we were about 3 blocks away from there.
Sage is alright, not too bad but the lot is small. The only thing I like about Georgia is the parking lot is huge and the food is good there too.
Old 11-06-2002, 08:27 AM

well since the two diners are with in a few vlocks of each other, why don't we try Georgia next time and see which we like better. If we lose people because of a matter of a few bocks, thats just plain retarded, unless people have personal grievances against the place, lets give it a whirl. The only thing about Georgia diner is, the parking lot has two ways in and out and you can't really watch what happens back there to watch your car. At least with Sage, there was only one way in and out and you can pretty much keep an eye on things, just my $0.02. Peace
Old 11-06-2002, 08:36 AM
Contributing Member

I usually do post on their sites and coordinate, but it seems that only one or two of them show up, so I stopped posting on their sites and the altimas. The people that do show up, check our site so I'll leave it as such.

I wouldn't mind checking out Gerogia Diner, I've been there enough times, it just all depends. Sometimes they are really busy and we wouldn't have an opportunity to sit as we did on Friday. But I'm down for anything.

Quick Reply: 11/15 Meet NYC Biweekly Suggestion for a Spot