Northeast WV, PA, NY, NJ

326 whp '02 Subaru WRX...very tastefully modd'd (over 15 G's in mods)

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2005, 07:08 PM

326 whp '02 Subaru WRX...very tastefully modd'd (over 15 G's in mods)

Pics!!

$15,500. Huge mod list below. There are over 15 G's in mods/labor on this car, but I'm just looking for the payoff amount on this car loan, before law school starts. I have reciepts and maintenance records. All parts are genuine, no replicas (except fog covers). The car has never been involved in an accident, and has a clean title. It is in superb shape, and dyno'd 326 whp in 12/03, and on Subaru's that translates into ~420 hp at the crank (due to normal drivetrain losses of AWD vs. RWD system). Although I've never tracked it, the car is probably more of an autox/track car, but I've had it at the drag strip once, shortly after buying it in summer of '03 when it was at 261 whp, and ran 13.0@106, w/a 1.78 sixty foot. With the extra 65 whp, it would now cut a 12.2-12.4 @110-114, depending on driver skill. However, since upgrading the turbo, and dynoing 326 whp, I have never felt the need or desire to take it back and abuse it down the strip since its my daily driver, and I don't need to prove how bad *** it is I'll leave that to the buyer

The car runs like new, and is very strong, as its miles are literally 90% highway. I log mpg on every fill up, and it averages ~22 mpg. I'm new on this forum, so for references, please see my ebay feedback to see that over the past ~4 years of membership, I'm a 100% reliable seller with perfect feedback and rave reviews (user: alloutforjesus). I'm also a well known member on the main Subaru forum, www.nasioc.com, with nearly 4,500 posts since joining nearly 4 years ago. You can also reach me 24/7 on my cell, 609-287-9806.

The car is now up for sale, as I am leaving my full time job for grad school, and I will not be able to continue to afford car payments and insurance. I'll be downgrading to my '96 Subaru Legacy wagon and '88 Civic hatch for a while. By no means do I want to sell the WRX, but my future goals and law school are forcing me to sell my baby, and be content with a normal car for a few years.

$15,500 takes it. I owe nearly 16 G's on this car, so I will eat the difference. My cell is 609-287-9806, or you can email me at mark_levine@kaplan.com or crazyfastwrx@yahoo.com I am also on AIM at annointedWRX or yahoo IM at crazyfastWRX

In June of '03, after finishing college and getting a real job, I purchased this from nasioc.com user Strafe, a personal friend, as I knew first hand how **** he was with the car. I have religiously maintained the car, oil changes every 3-4k miles using Mobil One. I have all receipts, and a log of every fill up/oil change the car recieved since I purchased it. Car is in beautiful shape, as he is a perfectionist. He put 62k on it, I've added 32k, so the car now has 94k miles, 90% of which is highway, as we both have 60+ mile daily commutes on major highways. Other than a camshaft sensor, NOTHING has ever broken on this motor (kudos to Subaru reliability). He ran it at 12-14 psi on a VF30 daily. I swapped in the FP18g in September of '03. I compression tested it recently, 2 hours after parking, and the results were very good:

Cyl 1: 151
Cyl 2: 145
Cyl 3: 140
Cyl 4: 147

I fully expect this motor to run strong to well over 150k miles, very likely to 175-200k. However, in the event of a failure, STi shortblocks, which stroke the car to 2.5 liters, are only $1500 brand new, so when the day finally comes, it will be a relatively inexpensive thing to put a new STi shortblock into the car, and make significantly more horsepower and low end torque, as well as having a fresh start on the engine. I want to emphasize that I only add this to calm the fear people have of a 94k mile car. This engine is very strong, has no issues, and runs perfectly. I don't forsee needing to replace it anytime soon.

This is Dennis' (user Strafe) ad from when I bought the car, although I inserted my own changes in the mod list and made it easier to read. Note the Milage is now 94k, so I've put ~32,000 on it:

2002 Subaru WRX Sedan

2002 Subaru WRX 5MT Sedan (purchased 03/2001) in World Rally Blue Pearl - The car has 62,500 miles on it, 90% highway. I use it for daily driving to and from work 30 minutes one-way, 5 days a week. The oil is changed every 3000-4000 miles. I have used Mobil One 5W since 1,000 miles. It is in excellent condition with tasteful mods. Never beaten or Auto-X-ed! It has close to 390hp (more now) with cockpit controllable boost levels (via Blitz SBC-iD). I have the receipts for almost all of the parts and labor (done only by RalliSpec - www.rallispec.com ). All of the STi JDM parts are genuine, no replicas (except for the fog covers, which are currently not installed). I’m sure a few members on the NASIOC/i-Club could and would vouch for this excellent WRX.

I am not parting out the car. If it doesn’t sell, I will keep the car. I’m only considering selling it because I want a new project. I absolutely love the car!

Here’s a list of the mods (currently installed) I have added since I bought the car.

Engine/Power mods (~TXS Stg 4+):

- FP18g (the rare and sought after 8 cm housing) turbochager installed 9/03
- Utec engine management w/remote map selector (326 whp race fuel/WI map, 290 whp pump gas map)
- MRT Dual-tip 3” Turbo-back Exhaust (extremely quiet, and stock looking tips)
- WRXTuner Water Injection kit (only turned on once; when car was dynoed...never used on street)
- STi VII Top Mount Intercooler
- STi VII JDM Intercooler Y-pipe
- Rallispec STi Intercooler Hose Kit
- STi Injectors (flow tested at 565 cc/min)
- Walbro GSS342 Fuel Pump
- Blitz SBC-iD
- Blitz Power-iD
- Go Fast Bits Pulley Kit
- Godspeed Up-pipe
- Blitz SUS Intake (stainless steel)
- STi Group N Engine Mounts
- STi Group N Trans Mounts
- Go Fast Bits Hybrid Blow-off Valve

Interior mods:

- STi VII JDM Pedals
- KartBoy Short Shifter
- KartBoy Shifter Bushings
- Subaru Titanium WRC Shift ****
- Subaru Rearview Auto-dimming Mirror and Compass
- Subaru Air Filtration Kit
- Subaru Armrest Extension Kit
- Subaru Rubber Floor Mats
- Subaru Center Gauge Pod (SBC-id and Power Meter-id mounted in it)

Exterior mods/options:

- Prodrive (Hella) UK300 Headlights
- Subaru Painted Side Skirts
- Prodrive UK300 Front Lip Spoiler
- STi VII JDM Hood Scoop, Underplate, and Rubber Seal
- STi VII JDM Grille Kit
- STi VII (Replica) Mesh Fog Light Covers
- Cusco Exhaust Hangers Kit
- Hella Supertone Horns
- Subaru Wheel Lock Kit

Suspension mods:

- STi VII JDM Struts
- STi VII JDM Springs
- STi VII JDM Strut Tops
- Whiteline Adjustable Front Sway Bar
- Whiteline Adjustable Rear Sway Bar
- Whiteline HD Rear Sway Bar Mounts
- STi Aluminum Lower Control Arms
- Whiteline Anti-Lift Kit
- STi Aluminum Rear Strut Bar

[/B][/QUOTE]

PM or email me w/any questions.

The car currently has a top of the line 140 db sound system that cost me close to 4 grand, and 20% tint on the rear windows. I was originally including the sound system only at a negotiated price, but I am now going to leave the head unit (60x4 Alpine unit - $400 new when I bought it), as well as the MB Quart interior speaker system in the car, as an added bonus for the buyer.

Furthermore, as an added incentive, I also have 3 lightweight wheel upgrade options on hand, with ultra special pricing on any one option that the buyer is interested in:

1) jdm STi VII gold wheels w/unmounted, never used RE070's - $675 if you buy the car...easily worth $1250+ on the open market...these are the wheels in the picture album
2) '04 STi golds w/8k miles on the RE070's - $575 if you buy the car...easily worth $1100+ on open market...these wheels are currently on the car
3) 17x7 jdm Legacy b4 (the 280 hp japanese Legacy) wheels w/performance tires that have a lot of meat - $475 if you buy the car...easily worth $950+ on the open market...ideal if you prefer a lower profile to the two gold colored choices above

I am willing to include any one of the above wheel upgrades as well, if the buyer wants upgraded wheels, in addition to the stock 16's.

Mark
609-287-9806
crazyfastWRX @ yahoo . com
AIM: annointedWRX
YIM: crazyfastWRX
Attached Thumbnails 326 whp '02 Subaru WRX...very tastefully modd'd (over 15 G's in mods)-wrxpic.jpg  
Old 01-23-2005, 03:21 AM

please don't double post
Old 01-23-2005, 06:17 AM

Originally posted by s13 240
please don't double post
My apologies. I'm accustomed to nasioc.com, where we post both in the F/S forum, and our local forum. Obviously what goes there, doesn't neccessarily fly elsewhere (its like spending the night at your friends house as a kid). Mods, please feel to handle this thread as you see fit.

Thanks!

Mark