Northeast WV, PA, NY, NJ

Anyone ever deal with tigerjapanese.com before?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2006, 10:34 PM

Anyone ever deal with tigerjapanese.com before?

A friend of mine is trying to source a front clip or a full SR20 to swap into a non-nissan and is wondering if anyone has had good or bad experiences with tigerjapanese.com. They seem to have pretty good prices and are relatively local. Obviously a compression test would be done on any engine before purchase to ensure some safety, but it is always nicer to deal with a respectable company.

Also, where else would you recommend looking for an redtop front clip around the Rochester NY area? I've checked heavythrottle, but the prices are a bit high and have looked at every jdm engine supplier and front clip dealer that google has turned me to.

Are there any issues with bringing a clip into the US from Canada?

Thanks! This should make for a VERY cool project if we can source an engine for a decent price. SR20DET + ~2300-2500lbs + AEM EMS and a few mild upgrades = decent beater car.
Old 05-01-2006, 02:05 AM
Contributing Member

I would stay away from them if you can. I have heard some bad stuff. They do the US/CANADA thing "we gave you bad parts and lets see what you can do about it cause we are in a different country"