Northeast WV, PA, NY, NJ

Anyone ever heard of Redline Performance?

Old 08-09-2003, 08:54 AM

Anyone ever heard of Redline Performance?

They are located in New Windsor and they do swaps and other stuff.
Old 08-09-2003, 11:40 AM
Contributing Member

Re: Anyone ever heard of Redline Performance?

Originally posted by Noodles
They are located in New Windsor and they do swaps and other stuff.
Never heard of them Noodles. Windsor is is where north of NYC?
Old 08-09-2003, 06:24 PM
Contributing Member

...Sounds familar though...
Old 08-09-2003, 09:52 PM

Yeah, New Windsor is north of NYC. I think its twenty minutes away from where I live. A 1991 240sx was for sale in the classifieds for $500 and I thought it was to good to be true. So I called him up. As soon as he picked up the phone he started to ramble on about the car and how good it was and I was like sheet, whats going on? He said it was a automatic ka24de turbo, and I got all leery about that statement. I mean, how much does it cost to turbo a ka engine? So then he said that twenty people called him about the car and that it jumped from $500 to $2000. Stop. I said that it sucks that its automatic and thats when he mentioned Redline performance. He said that he can swap an engine out, make it a manual, get the panels "to make it look japanese" (as he said).So when tis was all done, he said that he will be getting more 240's and I should keep calling him back so he could hook me up with a coupe. Well, we'll see... the coupes are hard to find (at least for me).
Old 08-10-2003, 03:46 AM
Contributing Member

Yeah, New Windsor is north of NYC. I think its twenty minutes away from where I live. A 1991 240sx was for sale in the classifieds for $500 and I thought it was to good to be true. So I called him up. As soon as he picked up the phone he started to ramble on about the car and how good it was and I was like sheet, whats going on? He said it was a automatic ka24de turbo, and I got all leery about that statement. I mean, how much does it cost to turbo a ka engine? So then he said that twenty people called him about the car and that it jumped from $500 to $2000. Stop. I said that it sucks that its automatic and thats when he mentioned Redline performance. He said that he can swap an engine out, make it a manual, get the panels "to make it look japanese" (as he said).So when tis was all done, he said that he will be getting more 240's and I should keep calling him back so he could hook me up with a coupe. Well, we'll see... the coupes are hard to find (at least for me).
Dude watch the **** out. I heard the same thing. This sounds like a guy that doesn't know **** but has read some magazines and thinks he has a nieve kid on the line.

Look somewhere else.

BAIT AND SWITCH

I had a guy talk **** like that to me too. I told him I drove from NYC to look at the car (it was in philly) and we was all.

"We can get more if your friends want them"

"I didn't know they were that popular"

BLa bla bla. This was a year ago before the major articles hit the stands.

Watch out for this guy.

Oh and the reason Redline Performance sounds so familiar is because it is a run of the mill name. I am sorry if I offend anyone but there must be a billion of these.
Old 08-10-2003, 10:57 AM
Contributing Member

I thought it sounded familar cause I think there was a "Redline" shop in the yellow pages.... Anyway I saw that 240 in the paper, I thought it was in Newburgh though so I didn't call. Glad I didn't now woulda just been a waste of time.
Old 08-10-2003, 08:02 PM

Yeah, I figured that it was some type of scam, thats why I decided to post this crap. But do any of you know where I can get a coupe for cheap? Bt cheap I mean a $1,000.
Old 08-11-2003, 03:15 AM
Contributing Member

Yeah, I figured that it was some type of scam, thats why I decided to post this crap. But do any of you know where I can get a coupe for cheap? Bt cheap I mean a $1,000.
You can get one for 1k but it will not run and it will have some other problems.
Old 08-11-2003, 03:42 AM

Red Line Performance makes a GREAT synthetic lubricant.
http://www.redlineoil.com/
http://www.focussport.com/fluids.htm
It is HELLA expensive here....I don't know what it runs there but it is quality stuff.

I don't know if that is the Red Line Performance you are referring to.

Last edited by gladhatter; 08-11-2003 at 03:50 AM.