Northeast WV, PA, NY, NJ

Dark Blue S13 in Jamaica, Queens

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2006, 11:18 PM

Dark Blue S13 in Jamaica, Queens

I'm looking to get a hold of the guy w/ the Dark Blue '93 S13 in Jamaica, Queens who's looking to start tuning it. I'm the guy w/ the Gold S14 and I think I can help you out. If you're on this forum, get a hold of me.
Old 01-15-2006, 10:48 PM

hey solo. i'm the dark blue s13 guy from jamaica. thanks for the offer. i really appreciate it. i'm new to the whole tuner culture. i just got my car a month ago and i'm already in love. but sadly, i don't have the time or resources to do all the things i wanna do to it. currently, my biggest problem are the seals around my front and rear windshields. i got my heat running at full blast whenever i drive to help deal with the moisture that collects at the bottom.

HEY! EVERYONE OUT THERE IN 240-LAND! LITTLE HELP!?
Old 01-16-2006, 07:10 AM

Excellent. Now that we're established contact. We can begin.

Nissans have terrible seals around the windows. They tend to start going as soon as 5 years. By 13 years you can pretty much expect the seals to be gone.

For leaks: Butyl Tape
http://www.plustape.com/BK/
I'm sure it can be found in most well equiped hardware stores, Home Depot most likely.

If anything silicone based sealant. Make sure not to use it in excess since it will corrode paint over time and can not be removed w/ out scraping it off. when applying, use small disposable plastic utensils to remove and smooth out excess sealant.

I was at Autozone the other day and I saw a black silicone sealant in a tube that was used for this application. I can't recall the name, but it should be in the body repair area.

from what I recall the rubber seal around the window seemed to be bunched up in one area. Try to slide it back in but if it's not possible; cut the seal, remove a small portion of it and using tools push the seal back into position. You will hace a small gap which should be sealed w/ silicone sealant.

It would also help you trouble shoot your problem if you could remove the interior trim around the A-pillar to see where the leak is coming from (Assuming that is the only place in question).

Ideally, a windsheild repair business should replace the seals around the windows, but if your budget doesn't allow this, take the time to find out where the leaks are.

The trade off is: Money or Time? Time or Money?

How is your engine, is it still sputtering?

Have you adjusted your idle? You should aim to have it below 1000 rpm, 750 is ideal.
Old 01-16-2006, 07:13 AM

Also, as I've said before; consult this and the other 240SX based forums. they are a wealth of information. Filter all information you get as neccessary.

What forums have you signed up w/?
Old 01-22-2006, 02:36 PM

wassup i have a blue/silver 1991 240sx im from college point/jackson heights Queens see ya round..

if u want to buy a turbo kit... let me know price 500 to 600

laters
my email the1bestplayer@yahoo.com
Old 01-22-2006, 02:48 PM

drivesolo... i have a turbo kit i wanna install

get at me
Old 01-22-2006, 08:22 PM

Sorry pnbdash, I have yet to do a KA-T installation. The latest Sports Compact Car issue has an article on the a KA-T installation.

Seems doable. But again, I don't have any experience on that specific topic.
Old 02-11-2006, 09:08 PM

yo guys do you know if srdet swap pass emissions in NY
Old 02-11-2006, 09:40 PM

Originally posted by itching2shift
yo guys do you know if srdet swap pass emissions in NY
Yes it will. If it can pass Cali emissions testing, there shouldn't be a problem passing anywhere else in the country.
Old 02-11-2006, 09:47 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by drivesolo
Yes it will. If it can pass Cali emissions testing, there shouldn't be a problem passing anywhere else in the country.
no, it wont... people "pass" because
1. -most common, prob 95% of people with srs in cali, know a shop, and just get the stickers
2. they are nuts, and actually figured out how to make it pass
3. all catilyitic converters and really good tuning w. high octane, maybe

sr swaps are illegal, period. its all about getting around the emissions laws, and not getting your hood popped by a cop

Last edited by nsn240; 02-11-2006 at 09:49 PM.
Old 02-13-2006, 05:40 PM
Contributing Member

If you guys need any help from some locals give me and the fellas a call. We are always around............
Old 03-06-2006, 01:06 PM

Originally posted by pnbdash
wassup i have a blue/silver 1991 240sx im from college point/jackson heights Queens see ya round..

if u want to buy a turbo kit... let me know price 500 to 600

laters
my email the1bestplayer@yahoo.com
whats good people i've been a member of the forum for a while but had problems with trying to post but I finally got it to work. I live in brooklyn and just wanted whats up to all the nyc crew out there. PNB, let me know a little more about that turbo kit, i'm definitly interested, later...