Northeast WV, PA, NY, NJ

Long Island meet

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2002, 01:28 PM
Contributing Member

Long Island meet

Hey everyone, I'm setting up a meet for the first weekend in March, anyone interested?? Let me know. Looks like it'll be held in the Nassau Colisieum parking lot. Give me a shout if your interested.
Old 02-10-2002, 06:18 PM

You can just go in that lot? They just let you in and hang out? I thought they had security at the toll booths?

Usually we have meets in roosevelt field mall, in the sterns lot (maxima.org nyc/li people usually meet up in there as well)
Old 02-10-2002, 06:33 PM
Contributing Member

I don't know.....my friend works at the Coliseim, and he's the one who suggested it to me. I'll have to check up on that with him. But unless there is something going on there, I don't think the toll booths really even matter. I'll see though. If that doesn't work out then we'll have it at the Roosevelt mall then. By the looks of it, we should have a very very good showing. We'll need all the lot space we can get.
Old 02-10-2002, 08:08 PM

Thumbs up

Sterns lot at the mall is a GREAT spot for a meet. That lot is alllwwwayysss empty, ton of room to show off the rides. Last june, we had a huge altima meet there, about 35 cars showed up and we had soooo much room left for more

And what's great is that's it's smack in the middle of most members (atleast from altimas.net) so that their ride is only ~45 minutes long (from nyc or exit 60ish on the lie)
Old 02-11-2002, 02:16 AM
Contributing Member

Thats right, I used to go to the Altimas.net site once and awhile, and I remember checking out some pics from a meet you guys had there in like September or something. I remember you guys saying it was freezing! lol Hopefully it'll be a nice day for this meet. Hey Chris, why don't you tell a few people to show up, I've been talking to a few people and so far I've got about 7-10 240's going and just last night one of the 240 guys who is going told me his freind and his Maxima buddies wanted to head up there too. They have about 25 heads(not sure if all will go). It would be sweet if you could get a bunch of Alty guys together........and have a nice big Nisssan meet. What do you think man? Let me know.
Old 02-11-2002, 08:56 AM

wooo.....I may have a kit on by then......
Old 02-11-2002, 10:35 AM

Originally posted by Silviaspeed
Thats right, I used to go to the Altimas.net site once and awhile, and I remember checking out some pics from a meet you guys had there in like September or something. I remember you guys saying it was freezing! lol Hopefully it'll be a nice day for this meet. Hey Chris, why don't you tell a few people to show up, I've been talking to a few people and so far I've got about 7-10 240's going and just last night one of the 240 guys who is going told me his freind and his Maxima buddies wanted to head up there too. They have about 25 heads(not sure if all will go). It would be sweet if you could get a bunch of Alty guys together........and have a nice big Nisssan meet. What do you think man? Let me know.
just posted it over altimas.nets northeast section.
http://www.altimas.net/forum/showthr...threadid=23317

check back for replies...but we currently have an import meet on march 30th.
http://www.altimas.net/forum/showthr...threadid=20822
Old 02-11-2002, 12:54 PM

Roosevelt Field is a nice place to meet.

Stern's is shut down, so you can have the whole lot to yourself.

Food and bathroom are inside.

If it rains, you can hide in the parking deck next to Stern's.
Old 02-11-2002, 04:29 PM

Cool, if it's a nice day, i'll come by. We'll see how many altima.net people will wanna come too.
Old 02-11-2002, 04:43 PM
Contributing Member

Chris, would you be so kind as to do that for me, just ask around? I just read that you Alty guys are gonna have an import meet on the 30th. Thats like a whole month from this meet. Maybe we could do a double meet or something, you guys swing by our meet and we'll swing by yours or something........just a suggestion. Let me know what you think. I'll be in touch, lata.
Old 02-12-2002, 01:30 AM

I live out in Queens and I drive a 94 altima GXE....Ill most def will come if you have a meet in L.I.......post the details.......... i am also an altimas.net member.....

Last edited by altimate94; 02-12-2002 at 01:34 AM.
Old 02-15-2002, 05:29 PM
Contributing Member

Don't sweat it altimate, everyone is invited, not just 240's. I also should have a good showing from a bunch of Maxima owners as well, so all in all it will be a big Nissan meet. Thats why I'm trying to get a bunch of you Alty guys and gals to go to. Heres the latest: Saturday the 2nd of March, at 4pm in the Sterns parking lot of the Roosevelt Field Mall. Thats when we're having the meet. There have been a few people who would have liked to have the meet at night, like I used to set them up. But the majority of the people I've spoken to said that 4pm was fine, and I was trying to find a happy medium between those who could make it, and those who got off of work at like 6pm. Thats just the reasoning behind the time there in case your wondering. So let me know if you have any questions, I'll be in touch......

Frank
Old 02-15-2002, 11:14 PM

Sounds good to me. We usually have the meets start around 1-2pm and they sometimes run until 6 or 7pm believe it or not. But 4pm is cool with me, as long as it's nice out, i'll come by.
Old 02-16-2002, 12:23 AM

cool... im down to go keep us updated......
Old 02-16-2002, 08:56 AM
Contributing Member

No problem guys, I"ll keep you posted of anything that may come up. Thanks for the responses.........

Quick Reply: Long Island meet