Northeast WV, PA, NY, NJ

NY headcount for the 11/23 meet in CT

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2002, 05:27 PM
Contributing Member

Josh I'm really glad to see that your able to make it to the meet.

Raj, your exhaust leak will mainly effect your boost response depending on how bad the leak is as I'm sure you know. But with the leak your EGT's will most likely go up due to the extra exhaust required to drive the turbine. No biggie right? But your EGT sensor isn't working properly either. I could be wrong here though. Mr. suckit any ideas here? I think I know what I'm talking about. I just want to make sure you don't do any damage man, no matter how minor it may be.
Old 11-20-2002, 06:06 PM

His egt's will be fine since it measures the exhaust gases from the combustion chamber, only thing that affects that is timing and fueling. The exhaust leaks however affect his performance, depending on where the leaks are coming from. Also where its coming from depends on how much you have to worry. Usually there is no problem tho except for the extra heat.
Old 11-20-2002, 06:28 PM

Thanks Frank and Simon, I'm reading this carefully. See if this helps: My EGT, when it is working properly (works improperly I found out due to a wiring glitch or something- everytime I smack the glovebox, it works, lol seriously) it always reads that the engine is running rich, it reads somewhere in the vicinity of 500-625 degrees. That makes me think its running rich, on top of the fact that you can smell the gas coming out the back. I'm gonna check the spark plugs Friday, and try to get under the car to see whats rattling so much. freddie seems to think its a heat shield or something which makes sense since it mostly makes noise at that resonating spot of about 2500-4000 RPMs. Hopefully if something is loose, I can tighten it and that will be the end of that. If you guys got any more ideas throw them at me, I appreciate it big time. thanks again fellas
Old 11-20-2002, 06:39 PM

500-625c is rich if that while your driving. Me and will are always around 750c+ @65mph. Timing will affect your egt's greatly and performance. You have to track down your vacuum leak tho. Also check the TPS and whatever sensors you think will cause it to react the way it has. Try to get the ecu light back on to check for codes, good luck. Id help you but im working on my car friday.
Old 11-20-2002, 08:10 PM

I'll check for codes after I get the new cluster in. BUt Iwill attempt to track that vacuum leak and possible rattling on Friday. Are you gonna be at Full Throttle on Friday? I might need to call you and ask a question or two so if its possible let me know. The car does run at 500-625 while running, even when running hard. I should check the timing since will said that he heard the car misfiring. How am I gonna go about checking the timing on it?
Old 11-21-2002, 02:56 AM

Originally posted by tantrumS13
it always reads that the engine is running rich, it reads somewhere in the vicinity of 500-625 degrees. That makes me think its running rich, on top of the fact that you can smell the gas coming out the back.
I always thought that high egt's meant that you had a lean condition. could someone set me straight?

edit::::
Where and what time are we meeting for the caravan to roll up to ct?
Old 11-22-2002, 07:50 AM
Contributing Member

Its getting close to game time guys, hope everyone is working on the whips and making sure NYC/NJ/LI gets some representing over in CT. Because us big dawgs rule
Old 11-22-2002, 11:04 AM

Ok folks, here's the scoop. Nothing is loose under the car, no piping nothing. As it turns out, something is blown in the turbo,(maybe the ball bearing???) But when you grab the turbo and rev it, the rattling noise drops dramatically. I'm thinnking maybe the turbo is going, that might also be why I can't boost higher than 12 lbs. Anyone got another T28 lying around? Oh well, might as well upgrade while I'm forced to do something. As for tomorrow, the 240 will not be going. I don't want the turbo to take a dump and strand me in the boonies, plus I got a bubble (cancerous looking thing) on my rear tire. I'll see if i can borrow my parents car, unless I can find something else, hmmmmmmm. rental time, lol.
Old 11-22-2002, 01:55 PM
Contributing Member

I just finished installing the CMC in the car so I am good. There is still some air in there so I have to get it to a lift to bleed that bubble out.

There is a good chance I will have an empty passenger seat. Anyone that needs a ride can give me a call.
Old 11-22-2002, 03:33 PM

have we yet decided where and when we are meeting up for our great road trip???? I posted a potential spot above with directions so if thats goona work for eeryone, lets do that, if not, we need something definate so we can do this otherwise there will be people roaming all over the place with no idea whats going on, thats if people come out. By the way, I almost wrapped the 240 around a minivan and a utility pole before, lol. That whole life flashing before your eyes stuff, bullsh*t. I kept seeing minivan, guard rail, grass, minivan, grass, guard rail. Damn thing kept hooking left to right, but never went straight- seriously went a half block hooking hard each time. I scared the lady in the minivan right off the road. I think she was shaking harder than me! well, thats my heroic tale for the day. WHAT WE DOIN FOR TOMORROW????
Old 11-22-2002, 04:29 PM
Contributing Member

I thought we agreed on the spot. Alley Pond right? You posted directions to it Raj right?
Old 11-22-2002, 05:03 PM
Contributing Member

Also anyone with Motorolla Talkabouts should charge them up and bring them along. There will be a long caravan and they will help. Dialling cellphones the whole way sucks.
Old 11-22-2002, 06:36 PM
Contributing Member

9:30 let's do this alley pond!!!!
Old 11-22-2002, 07:38 PM

I need a ride. The other car is a no go. If possible I will try to get dropped off there at 9:30. Hope to see you all there. Anyone with Nextel- switch up PVT ID's when you get there if Talkabouts aren't available.
Old 11-22-2002, 09:51 PM
Contributing Member

OK Stan just told me that some ppl aren't too sure of the exit to get off at. OK folks, its exit 29 off the L.I.E. Springfield Blvd.

Heading west:
Get off at exit 29, make a left at the light. Take Springfeild approx. 1/2 mile south until you come to a slight left hand bend in the road. Right after that bend make a left onto 76th Ave. The entrance to the parking lot will be right there on your left about 150ft. into 76th Ave.

Heading east:
Get off at exit 29........follow previous directions.

See you all there!

Quick Reply: NY headcount for the 11/23 meet in CT