S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   Off-Topic (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/off-topic-22/)
-   -   240, the new integra (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/off-topic-22/240-new-integra-20290/)

Ghettostamps 03-11-2005 11:22 AM

Darren337, I see your right, I stand corrected, and I prolly should have known you knew about VW's as well by the 337 in your name...

twofotisx: We are all ultimately trying to reach the same goal. Tuning and modifying hasn't reached anywhere close to it full potential and is still a 4 billon dollar industry. There are people all over the world who love their cars and love working on them, making them look better and drive faster. I just want to help make it grow as best I can because I feel it's not as mainstream as it could be. That's why I support anyone trying to mod their car no matter what they do. Basically, I just want us all to take over the world....:thumb:

And I think I'm going to ask that question in a new thread so everyone can jump in...Should car's be built for buildup or not...

Darren337 03-11-2005 01:55 PM

HEY SOMEONE CAUGHT THE 337! nice call ghettostamps, and i agree with the tuner market comment.

(horse)power to the people (who seek it)

CowboyTurbo 03-12-2005 08:10 AM

hmm... here's my two bits:

I think if you've been a true Nissan RWD fan from the beginning, consider urself lucky 'cuz you're most likely in the minority when it comes to the overall picture. I think we can generally agree that insofar as "sport compact" and Japanese cars go, Honda is really the momentum of where the movement came from. In terms of price, reliability, and performance, there will always be an ongoing debate among the Japanese big 3. My first Japanese car was my dad's 93 Civic del sol, which I didn't tune at all. It gave me many good years and memories before my own stupidity finally caught up with me~ I ended up totaling it badly and extremely luckily walked away unscathed. I also knew little about drifting until Initial D became popular (I'm not afraid to admit it, but then again it's been around for a WHILE now...) so obviously my next car was a $300 POS Hachi. It wasn't running at the time I bought it, but I got to learn a bit about cars as I worked on it and eventually got it started. I then sold it for $1000 realizing I bit off a bit more than I could chew (that thing needed $4k in body work easy). And eventually I wound up with my S14... 240's aren't integras or civics, to me it's just a natural progression up the ladder... come time and money turbo M3's and 911s will hopefully be around the next turn... 'n' mebbe an Evo or Skyline somewhere in there :D so sorri long post

djradam 03-12-2005 02:05 PM

isn't it CRX del sol? that's what i came across on GT4...

DaPCWiz 03-12-2005 05:25 PM

Originally posted by djradam
isn't it CRX del sol? that's what i came across on GT4...
it was called CRX del sol or just CRX outside the US, but in the US it was called civic del sol or just del sol.

Darren337 03-13-2005 04:30 AM

CRX Del Sol vs Civic Del Sol

yeah thats just one of those things, but who cares, its still the same car.

djradam 03-13-2005 06:53 PM

aiiight, like honda integra and acura rsx

it's wierd how companies NEED to have different names in order to sell cars. i can see the RSX (getting more $$ for the acura name in the US), but yeah...

Darren337 03-13-2005 09:34 PM

Originally posted by djradam
aiiight, like honda integra and acura rsx

it's wierd how companies NEED to have different names in order to sell cars. i can see the RSX (getting more $$ for the acura name in the US), but yeah...

the name thing is actually simple. for us it doesnt make sense, but a name can potentially ruin a car. some cars carry different names for every market (US, Europe, Asia) simply because the culture difference makes one word or letter-number combination more attractive than another. for the life of me, i cant understand silvia Q and K, but it doesnt matter, i like the cars regardless of that fact. in the end its all marketing thats driven by a hunger for more sales.

CowboyTurbo 03-14-2005 08:08 AM

puhahaha, I can't resist, If you say "A4" in Taiwanese, it literally means "will die"

Darren337 03-14-2005 08:50 AM

^^ nice example... while slightly demented.

DaPCWiz 03-14-2005 09:52 AM

kinda like the Chevy Nova....

No Va in spanish is "no go".

Darren337 03-14-2005 03:57 PM

vamos a pushar el caro.

ArticDragon 03-14-2005 04:53 PM

Originally posted by Darren337 for the life of me, i cant understand silvia Q and K, [/B]
K's, Q's, J's = King's, Queen's, Jack's. King > Queen > Jack.
K's is the only one with the SR20DET.

Darren337 03-15-2005 01:04 AM

hmmm, thats an interesting naming strategy... good to know, arcticdragon, thnx.

ArticDragon 03-15-2005 05:22 PM

Anytime.