Off-Topic Anything Non-Related to the above topics.

240, the new integra

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2005, 08:37 AM

240, the new integra

i'm sorry to say this, but comming here and seeing all the different types of people owning 240s is making me realize how over time they're becomming the new integra, they're all of a sudden really really getting popular mainly because of the drift scene i bet, some insight about that: the drift scene is actually slowly dying down a little bit in japan, highway racing is getting big again. and another thing to add, america is going turbo while japan is reverting back to N/A. have you noticed how they really switch off?. anyway, i'm just scared that the 240's will be the new rice-mobile, and i know none of us want that. but there are people i've already seen ricing them up
Old 02-21-2005, 09:35 AM
Contributing Member

I think your right to a certain extent. A lot more people are trying to get thier hands on a 240sx because they believe they will instantly become a drift god. So yeah it's becoming the stupid man's car to a certain extend. But as Land Ho pointed out, these are the people that will end up nailing a curb, thus creating parts for those that know what to do with them .

But I think for every one ricer 240 driver there are 4 to 5 that know what they are doing. For example, my friend just got a 240sx and the first thing that he's changing are the front seats. Not because he wants Brides (i think we all want those) but because he wants to get rid of the Pep Boys seats that the previous owner installed.

Also I know of (have seen the cars but don't know the owners personally) two cars with a SR20 swap and 1 car with an RB swap (I forget which one) that are somewhat local to my area. I think the drivers outnumber the ricers pretty soildly.... at least now.
Old 02-21-2005, 09:48 AM

moved to "Off Topic"...the way I look at it, it is the new thing, 240's are in now, and alot of people from the honda scene are buying into them. Nothings gonna stop that. I know tons of people that thought my car was crap, knocking the "truck engine", now several of them want to buy my car... I've had love for my 240 for quite some time, before they were cool, and no matter what, I'm always gonna love my car
Old 02-21-2005, 09:51 AM

i guess i'd be one of those honda kids ... i didn't really know of this car, but once my friend told me about it and the many performance options i decided to check it out... don't plan to drift, but damn this is a sexy car (s14)
Old 02-21-2005, 10:30 AM

I didn't mean to sound like I have anything against people that previously owned Honda's, I'm just saying since he said about them being the new Integras, so no disrespect. If you've owned a Honda before, and you are genuinely into 240's, if your willing to learn and do research on it I have nothing but respect for you. I'm referring to the people who just buy the car because its the cool thing to do and "everyones doing it"
Old 02-21-2005, 01:31 PM
Contributing Member

True, but you gotta realize also there a pioneers in the 240 scene here in America. There are a couple of guys pushing the limits of the KA in its turbo form. Others are developing ways of getting more power out of it NA style. True, they're getting popular, but they're most likely gonna end up off a cliff or slammed against a pole/wall/car. That means more parts for us. If they're just jumping on the bandwagon, then they'll be jumping off soon enough falling down in flames.
Old 02-21-2005, 04:34 PM

yeah, when you guys put it that way. i guess it kinda goes back to us. the whole..more parts for us thing
Old 02-21-2005, 05:43 PM

yea i guess i'm one of those ex honda "drift god" screw ups. i ran across the car on accident in the newspaper went for a testdrive and fell in love. the second i found out it was RWD i was instantly impressed. all the talk from my dad about "being pushed and not dragged" got me like no other. before i bought it i never heard of the 240sx i was actually intersted in a 300zx. i guess in a way i'm not as bad as i preveously stated cause i loved the car and true i got ahead of myself and pushed the limits a little and ended up totalling my 240. but you live you learn and you buy another one and not drive like a jackass. its not sooo much that people think this car is cool and have to have it cause its a "drift machine." if i knew what drifting was before i bought the car i would have been looking at rx-7s cause i had no idea the 240 was RWD till i got mine. so maybe its the style of the car. so in a way the 240 getting bigger is flattering cause everyone loves a sexy car.
Old 02-22-2005, 02:34 AM

when i was just coming of driving age, i was looking into what i could dream to acquire OTHER than a honda/acura. i was tired of always seeing them almost in cookie cutter format around my area. i looked into the celica and the supra (this is before i knew of drifting) and then subaru's impreza and of course the mitsubishi eclipse. i knew of the 300zx (out of my league when i was going on 16) but i didnt know the one really sick nissan with the really clean lines and great shape. much later i realized upon research that it was the S14a, and from that moment on i began seeking all knowledge i could on the car. my search has brought me here, and i like it. i agree with C-walk about the 240 being a sexy car, but the kouki also has an angry flare that captivates me.
Old 02-23-2005, 03:09 PM

i've said it before and i'll say it again. 4 years ago when i bought my 89 people told me to get a real car, and no one even cared about how a car handled it seemed. *shrugs*
I know /very/ few people that have been into 240's for 5years or more, and only one that's been building them for 9 years+
When compared to corvette entusists that have been building em' for 25 years +?
we're all newb. ricers.
I guess i've just learned to do what the hell I like with my car, and not worry about what other people say about it.
Old 02-23-2005, 03:46 PM

wo0t..he's proud of his car..heheh =)
Old 02-23-2005, 05:40 PM

If your referring to Texas240, you might wanna say "she's proud of her car"
Old 02-23-2005, 06:33 PM

^^hahahaha... its almost like people think girls cant drive. Not true, not true at all.
Old 02-23-2005, 08:28 PM

oh sorry, and to c-walk, no not at all, they had some bad *** drifters where i used to live in japan that were girls. and i couldn't tell anyway....so sorry about that
Old 02-24-2005, 12:21 AM

who cares how newb or not we are, as long as there's pride in vehiclie, in workmanship, and skill.

Quick Reply: 240, the new integra