Off-Topic Anything Non-Related to the above topics.

almost lost a friend

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2004, 12:18 PM

Unhappy almost lost a friend

well heres the story, my friend has a o so nice 1993 rx-7 (fd) it was red, kitted, rims, twin turbo of course, with a few neat little bolt ons. Yesterday him and another friend with a bmw got in an accident. No they where not racing, what happened was they where going down a road where the speed limit was about 55 they where goin maybe 60, the friend in the bmw got beside the rx to try and tell him something why i dont know. But the bmw went to get back behind the rx and he cut in too soon i guess and thought he was gonna clip him, so he slammed on brakes and started spinning out of control, still goin maybe about 60 my friend in the 7 sees whats happening in the mirrror. So he turns over his shoulder to look, and when he does he accidentally cuts the wheel a little to the right causing him to run off the road a little, he hit a dip before a driveway sending his rx-7 flipping through the air about 4 or 5 times at 60mph, they both where wearing seatbelts and both made it out ok, just a little bruised and banged up but could have been a whole lot worse considering what happened. To make it worse before i knew what happened, my friend calls me from work and seen our friends rx on a wrecker, so he calls me and informs me we will be attending a funeral soon. Not knowing no better and maybe exagerating a bit, he told me he was dead but he didnt know what happened just seen the car and it was bad. Ill try and get some pics, my friend had some on his phone ill see if i can get but it made me think alot i know im not invincible but when something hits close to home it makes an impact, but im glad hes ok and just goes to show that anything can happen to anyone.
Old 06-07-2004, 01:32 PM
Contributing Member

Wow, at least they both came out ok.