Off-Topic Anything Non-Related to the above topics.

anti smoking commerical

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2003, 09:45 AM
Contributing Member

anti smoking commerical

first off i just have to say that i hate this anti smoking and anti pot commericals.....i think smoking cigerattes is a death wish, but smoking pot is great

so anyway

i was watching tv and this smoking commerical came on about low birth weight in babies and they had this ***** walking about the street with a picture with 2 babies on it...one smaller one larger

and naturally all the women on the street were picking baby A (the larger one)

but at the end of the commerical they read a quote from the tabacco company exec and they quoted him as saying "some women would prefer smaller babies"

and if you look in the background you can see that 5 people had actually voted for baby B

so the commerical didn't prove anything....except that the tabacco company exec was right....some women actually would prefer smaller babies
Old 04-25-2003, 10:11 AM

LoL. You have a good point. I never realized that cause I just get so annoyed at all the Truth BS I just change it. And I definetly agree on the pot kicking *** part... Heh Heh.

"Don't drift stoned.. It just dosn't work." lol
Old 04-25-2003, 10:15 AM

Those commercials are terrible, they make me want to take up smoking to give the tobacco companies more money. Another terrible commercial is the one with the two kids smoking pot in their dads office, and the one kid ends up getting shot. To me it looks like more of a gun control commercial, cuz why the fu*k are you leaving a loaded gun out on your desk for your kids to play with.
Old 04-25-2003, 01:02 PM
Contributing Member

I would have to say second hand smoke commercials are the absolute worst. They're all based on lies and just talk bull****. Especially since not one legit scientific study ever found second hand smoke harmful to your health.
Old 04-25-2003, 03:15 PM
Contributing Member

i like the commerical that says 1 out of every 3 people pulled over to test positive for drugs, passed positive for pot

its so awesome 'cause they ADIMT that pot isn't a big deal. what about the other 2 people? what drugs where in their system? why aren't they important? obviously theres more people doing the other drugs, so why not focus on them insead......its like someone has AIDS and a cold.....and they are trying to cure the cold and not even worrying about AIDS
Old 04-25-2003, 03:21 PM

I personally think these commercials are freaking disgusting. And they always come on when I'm just about to bite into a juicy cheesburger or somthin and then they show this guy pushing fat out of this dead guys artery. CHRIST its disgusting.
Old 04-25-2003, 11:11 PM
Contributing Member

its like someone has AIDS and a cold.....and they are trying to cure the cold and not even worrying about AIDS
Oh so true!
Old 04-25-2003, 11:29 PM

I look at it as they never tell whether the people tested positive for pot were also drinking alcohol.

I have never heard of a car accident caused by pot ALONE.

Why would that happen, WEED = EAT and SLEEP.
Old 05-06-2003, 10:58 AM

The one I hate the most is where that young woman is sitting there looking at a pregnancy test, and it turns positive. Then a narrator comes on and says, "She's going to be the youngest grandmother on the block". And it shows her young teen daughter sitting there. Like weed is going to MAKE you had sex. Every time I got high, I never did anything that I wouldn't normally do. I also hate that one with the drive through.
Old 05-06-2003, 08:52 PM

Originally posted by leiferik1
i like the commerical that says 1 out of every 3 people pulled over to test positive for drugs, passed positive for pot

its so awesome 'cause they ADIMT that pot isn't a big deal. what about the other 2 people? what drugs where in their system? why aren't they important? obviously theres more people doing the other drugs, so why not focus on them insead......its like someone has AIDS and a cold.....and they are trying to cure the cold and not even worrying about AIDS
Actually, the commercial is "1 out of every 3 pepole pulled over for drunk driving tested positive for marajuana" but same deal. I don't think its a big deal as long as you are smart about it...been there, done that.
Old 05-06-2003, 10:06 PM

That commercial is misleading. They are trying to get you to believe that they were stoned at the time of the accident, but really they could have smoked a week ago and tested positive, and been totally sober during the accident.
Old 05-07-2003, 03:25 AM

Originally posted by uofa240
That commercial is misleading. They are trying to get you to believe that they were stoned at the time of the accident, but really they could have smoked a week ago and tested positive, and been totally sober during the accident.
That's true, that stuff stays in your system for like two or three months.
Old 05-07-2003, 08:18 PM

Glad i live in Canada where pot is decrimilized

ITS ONLY A FINE IF UR TOKIN BUT A FELONIE IF YOUR DEALING

(M)
Old 05-07-2003, 11:43 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by MJ201
Glad i live in Canada where pot is decrimilized

ITS ONLY A FINE IF UR TOKIN BUT A FELONIE IF YOUR DEALING

(M)

sweet
Old 05-08-2003, 06:39 AM
Contributing Member

is there anyone in this forum who doesn't put that **** in their body or am i the only one?

Quick Reply: anti smoking commerical