Off-Topic Anything Non-Related to the above topics.

camaro's vs 240's

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2004, 02:13 PM

too bad...they beat the **** out of em before they get to the dealership...at the factory...
Old 08-17-2004, 12:33 AM

in the 70s the new smog rules really ate up a lot of our horsepower, but if he has done much with his motor then the Camaro will winz joo...

that drift camaro makes me sad, take that wing off and put a regular bumper and a real exhaust on it... yucky

and im pretty sure that isnt the first drift camaro, even in hawaii, there was a guy on thirdgen.org that was drifting his red 92 camaro with a black hood when I was on that forum about 3 years ago,,, so yah, not the first, and certainly one of the gayest.

My camaro is only lowered and it actually handles pretty good, if I hadnt needed tires and a windshield she would ahve been at drift day 13...

dont hate on camaros! just stiffen the chassis and those 3rd gens will roxor
Old 08-17-2004, 03:02 PM

The V8 camero will rip your 240 a new one.
Old 08-17-2004, 09:42 PM

i've been a fan of american muscles and yes, camaro's will kill our 240 on drag... plus the fact that they have V8 to start with a inline 4 for 240. so there's a huge difference already.. if the camaro is built.. you won't touch those car, unless you modify ur car heavily..

by the way, have you seen a built camaro on a staging lane..
man, the whole chassis twist when rev their engine hard..
but hey, there are some cars that will surprise you..

like one time I saw a hatchback went up against a viper srt.. of course the viper won but by just .01 of a sec... it was real close no one knows who won until they saw the numbers on the light..
Old 09-04-2004, 09:48 AM

Originally posted by Toad[^_^]
I bet your right, but how many times have you seen a Camaro, or any muscle car for that matter drifting?!(intentionally) Have you ever even heard of a drifting domestic? That's kind of like hearing about the long lost V8 Turbo Honda.
Hi

Derrick qualified 7th out of 37, making it in the top 16 qualifiers. Derrick was pitted against Chris Forsberg in the Motorex 350z for the tandem runs. Derrick has never done any tandem runs before, but he did pretty good. If he had not run wide on the end of his leading run he very well may have advanced to the next round. As it was, the judges let them run again. While he did very good on following, a spin on the end of his leading run led to Forsberg advancing (Chris Forsberg - who finished 2nd at the Atlanta event - went on to finish 3rd in this event). Our goal was to make it past qualifying, and we succeeded beyond our expectations by qualifying much better than we had hoped.

Our low budget, non-sponsored entry made it into the big leagues. We drove it to the event with tools and tires loaded in the back - and the we drove it home.
Old 10-03-2004, 01:47 PM

HAHAHAHAHAH VERY NICE!!!! this should set an example to not be RACEIST =0P
Old 10-07-2004, 09:41 AM

man that was one ugly camero. lol.
Old 10-07-2004, 09:52 AM

Originally posted by kamaxor
i've been a fan of american muscles and yes, camaro's will kill our 240 on drag... plus the fact that they have V8 to start with a inline 4 for 240. so there's a huge difference already.. if the camaro is built.. you won't touch those car, unless you modify ur car heavily..

by the way, have you seen a built camaro on a staging lane..
man, the whole chassis twist when rev their engine hard..
but hey, there are some cars that will surprise you..

like one time I saw a hatchback went up against a viper srt.. of course the viper won but by just .01 of a sec... it was real close no one knows who won until they saw the numbers on the light..
not necissarly true. I had a dinky honda civic si lightly modded with 18 psi. daily driven. which made me like 415hp. In Ennis i lined up next to heavly modded trans am and ate his a$$ with a 10.9 quarter. He ran a 11.3 with a near perfect reaction time. I am a firm believer that the number of cylinders dont mean ****. Its all about weight and traction. oh and a really nice tune. but just my $.02
Old 10-19-2004, 06:17 AM

LIghtly modded civic with 415hp? Could you explain that to me please? Is that a joke or for real??
Old 10-21-2004, 01:59 PM

sorry but what i considered lightly modded. may not be to you. it was a 99 civic si with a built bottom end 9:1 compression, sc61 turbo and rev hard front mount. it had a stock head but a decent tune. i guess that would be mildly modded.
Old 10-21-2004, 10:34 PM

Hmmmmmmmmm, let's seee, drifting and American Muscle cars.

Apparently some of you all have never seen the Crazy Hawaiian.

http://www.powerslideways.com/

All about drifting with the F-Bodies.

Oh and . . . I LOVE my Camaro and will never get rid of it. Stock, it would eat a 240 all day (in a straight line, LMAO ) the way it is now, you'd never even hear it's exhaust. 620hp to the rear wheels which are, might I add, the widest part of the car.

I wouldn't mind drifting this at the next meet. But it's not running right now, blown carbo.

My baby!!!!!!!