Off-Topic Anything Non-Related to the above topics.

congradulations: me!

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2003, 07:51 PM
Contributing Member

congradulations: me!

i've finally done it. i quit smoking!!!!!

i've been smoking for almost 7 years and after a few weeks of gradually cutting back....i quit

i've quit before, but as soon as i got around people who were smoking then i'd get CRAVINGS so bad i'd go out and buy a pack

but a few nights ago i went to a party and everyone there was chain smoking and i NEVER ONCE got the urge to light up

cigerates are bad mmmm kay
Old 01-24-2003, 07:57 PM
Contributing Member

i just feel a million times healthier.....before i ALWAYS felt like i was short of breath, and i thought it was allergies and now its gone so it must have been the smoking

also, i'd had this pain in my chest for close to a year...that i KNEW was from smoking (and was the reason why i quit) and after 2 weeks of no cigerate....the pain in my chest is gone

GIVE IT UP NOW.....YOUR ONLY DIGGING YOUR OWN GRAVE!!! seriously, i feel a million times better now that i dont smoke

make up a program...my program was gradual.....started out with just a few sit ups and few push ups

then i started to cut back on the cigerates and started to increase my exersise

when i quit smoking, i waited a week and then started to jog. only 1/4 mile at first (and at first that 1/4 was hell...i almost threw up a lung) and now i'm doing 3/4 to 1 mile no problem......

dont give me crap about only running a mile.....i used to be in cross country and we did 12 miles a day so i dont want to hear it....i've run more miles in my life than most 4 people combined
Old 01-24-2003, 08:01 PM
Contributing Member

movie quote

i got this from some movie (the movie was Contact)....i liked it so i remembered it.....

"life is a series of baby steps"

with anything, you have to start out someplace, you can't just hop into being a great gutiar palyer, u have to learn how to form chords and get the timing right between your right and left hands

no matter wat you want to achieve in life, you always have to take baby steps

i like the quote 'cause it keeps me focused on the long-term....kinda keeps me "goal orentinated" and always reminds me how big of a dork i really am
Old 01-25-2003, 06:46 AM
Contributing Member

Congradulations! I have seen my family go thru some rough times trying to quit but it is worth it.

Your sense of smell will be better. You will get nothing but benifits from quitting.

Plus I think insurances go down if you are not a smoker.