Off-Topic Anything Non-Related to the above topics.

dennys

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2003, 07:23 PM
Contributing Member

dennys

My family and I went to eat at denny's across the street from our condo in Avon Co. and the bill was somewhere around 50 dollars. My father went up to the counter to pay while we all waited in the car because we were running late for ski school. About 5 min. later my father left the restaurant followed by the stores manager who was on the phone with the police. As it turns out my dad took out both a 50 dollar bill and his credit card and asked to pay for his meal using the credit card and requested to get change with the 50 in order to tip our waitress. The guy working the register rang up the order as a cash transaction and told my father that he would not be able to void it in order for him to use his credit card. So he asked to speak to the store manager, and about 3 min. later the guy working the register came back and said that the manager was mad and did not want to come out. Again my father requested to speak to the store manager, and said that "if he doesn't want to accept my credit card then I’m leaving". (He had yet to had over the 50 dollars)

Again the store manager refused to come out and so we left. The store manager followed my father back across the street to our condo and before he could make it into the lobby the police had already shown up.

No charges were filed. We paid for our meal, with cash.

I just wanted to bring this incident to your attention because my family may be thinking about legal action pending the release of our police report (it takes roughly 10 days for the reports to be made available). And to shed light on the embarrassment your restaurant has caused my family. Needless to say, we will never again eat at your restaurant.

-Leif Lopez

Last edited by leiferik1; 01-17-2003 at 07:37 PM.
Old 01-17-2003, 07:34 PM
Contributing Member

what do you guys think? i sent that to denny's customer service
Old 01-17-2003, 08:08 PM
Contributing Member

Say you posted the story on the internet and now you can add public humiliation.
Old 01-17-2003, 08:51 PM
Contributing Member

WTFFF???????????????

GRREEEAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTT
Old 01-19-2003, 09:52 PM
Regulate

Screw Denny's. They should all burn down...just kidding, that was harsh, but I also heard that Denny's was racist. Especially against asian ppl. That's a popular rumor going around in the asian community. I never eat at Denny's.
Old 01-20-2003, 07:39 AM
Contributing Member

Dennys was proven racist against Blacks a while back... or at least in the court of public opinion they were.

Think about the clientele at Dennys... how progressive do you expect a place that caters to ancient white trash and truck drivers to be? I stay the hell out just on general principle.

As far as suing the place - I don't know if they are REQUIRED to allow patrons to split the transaction between cash and credit card. They sucked in servicing your dad, but that's to be somewhat expected when slumming it.... Kia dealers probably don't give you free breakfast and a loaner car when you go for service, Lexus does.

-Justin
Old 01-20-2003, 09:44 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Justin.b
As far as suing the place - I don't know if they are REQUIRED to allow patrons to split the transaction between cash and credit card.

They sucked in servicing your dad, but that's to be somewhat expected when slumming it....

Kia dealers probably don't give you free breakfast and a loaner car when you go for service, Lexus does.

-Justin

i split it up into 3 parts......as if u couldn't tell

first....i was just telling them that we were going to sue, my family couldn't care less

second...dont say we were slumming it.....the place was right across the street and since it was like 6 degree outside i for one didn't want to spend any time outside

third.....HA HAH AH AH AHA HA HA HA HA lexus sucks though

PS- that guy who used to play for the rockets Hackeem "the dream" Olligaiawon owns 50% of all denny's
so if a black guy owns half of a company, is it still racist?