Off-Topic Anything Non-Related to the above topics.

Does the 240 provoke a primal instinct in people?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2006, 08:17 PM
Contributing Member

Does the 240 provoke a primal instinct in people?

Well its been a week since my 240 got its shiny new license plate, and already 3 people want to race me, and ive gotten flipped off twice by rednecks in lifted trucks, and got threatened twice to have my car rolled over by their lifted trucks (which is very possible in my lowered 240!). The people who want to race me are the typical ricer types; integras and civics with altezza tail lights, fart pipes and shopping cart wings. I wont even waste my time replying to them, much less waste gas and risk getting a ticket, hurting my 240 or someone else...

Im starting to think that the 240 provokes some kind of masculine primal instinct in people that says "race it". That or their instincts tell them to be afraid of it, and try to comfort themselves by beating it, or making the driver wuss out (which im proud to say i do). When i had my acura, i only caught flak from people a couple of times, it was never called a "japanese piece of crap rice-burner" (which my 240 has been called), and people didnt rev on me, or stare at me while matching my speed in traffic. But now in my 240, which looks like it has some srot of STD, attracts more attention than a black man at a KKK cross burning.

What do you guys think about the general opinion of the 240 in a ricer society?
Old 03-23-2006, 08:23 PM
Contributing Member

get boggers, get a 40" lift, become white trash. God I love me some whitetrash.

240's are definately not rice. I dont think they ever have been but after FF3 240's might become the new rice mobiles.
Old 03-23-2006, 08:53 PM
Contributing Member

I got the SAME thing bro....i dont get anything from my family car Maxima
Old 03-24-2006, 02:32 PM

Yeah, I know what that is like. Their is a guy at my job that always insists that I race his 89" Civic. When I say no, he says its probably because my car is slow. I try to say "Nice car" to guys in Vettes, DSMs, Mustangs, etc. and then they bash my car. I know my car isn't the fastest out there, I'm not going to race everyone I see, and I'm not another one of those idiots who revs at every fast looking car. When I had my Jetta, I never had anyone rev at me. It was lowered, rims, and a nice thumping stereo but nobody ever payed any attention to it. Go figure - my older faster car never got raced, but my 240 is slower and everyone wants to take me out.
Old 03-24-2006, 04:15 PM
Contributing Member

i just ignore ppl like that at the stop light. but sometimes when i wnat to have fun, i look at them in the eye, pick my nose and fling the boogers out the window
Old 03-24-2006, 07:56 PM

wow, i was thinking the same these kids (after i leave my work) stare at me getting in the seat and give me the WOW look im like yea my 240 you suck and ur civic sucks 2. But thats besides the point a nice stare down is always good for me makes me happy.

On the other side...

Just to tease tarts like that, i know how it is as well i sit at the light rev my engine twice as i stare them down(they cant see me well cause i got tinted windows but yeah..) they take off like they have a giant kick their tail end and i slowly drive away. Its great laughs for me as im sure they like "YEAH MAN I SMOKED HIS ***" no point. I dont care my car is for looks and a bit more performance than stock pushes and fun its my passion ever since i was little cars kicked *** and 240's did more people suck. exept people with decent cars who treat them well.

And tons of people say 240's are rice its sad to say that because i dont see them rice not even Japanese people rice them to much. The basic stuff but w/e..part rice not full.
Old 03-24-2006, 10:29 PM
Contributing Member

yep... in a nutshell there
Old 03-25-2006, 07:50 AM

240's are so rice...
Old 03-25-2006, 03:13 PM

I have been threatened so many times by the rednecks in Wisconsin because they hate "Jap crap".. they tell me to take my POS car some place else. But, this is coming from someone driving a dinged up, broken windshield, rust filled ****ty car. So, I just sniff out the jealously part and let it go.. lol.

I always get revved on. It could be some old guy in a Maxima or some young kid in an Eclipse. It doesn't matter, they all tend to rev on me for some unknown reason. I have no reason to prove to them whose car is faster. I really do not have a care in the world.. lol.

I get dirty looks from older people because of the exhaust, I'm sure. So, I just down shift at a street light so the exhaust is twice as loud and they look disgusted.

You can have all kinds of fun in any type of vehicle. I think the 240's are just better, because a lot of people don't even know what they are. I'm half tempted to debadge the car.. lol.
Old 03-25-2006, 09:37 PM

Update: today (saturday) i have had a few things happen. This one dude with a celica got pwned by cops. lmao, second this corvette got pwned. and my favorite of the night,

A 240 PULLS UP. beside me and rev's his engine this is great, i humoured him a bit rev rev. HE takes off flying from the light i caught up a bit to speed as it was a freeway and he slows down as i went speed limit, odd i thought then he rips it by me and goes flying like a bat outa hell. Funny anyone else had 240 vs 240 attemped action? BTW his car sucked looked like he just drove it out from a ditch im surprised the back lights... sorta worked.
Old 03-27-2006, 08:59 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by JessicaS14
I have been threatened so many times by the rednecks in Wisconsin because they hate "Jap crap".. they tell me to take my POS car some place else. But, this is coming from someone driving a dinged up, broken windshield, rust filled ****ty car. So, I just sniff out the jealously part and let it go.. lol.

I always get revved on. It could be some old guy in a Maxima or some young kid in an Eclipse. It doesn't matter, they all tend to rev on me for some unknown reason. I have no reason to prove to them whose car is faster. I really do not have a care in the world.. lol.

I get dirty looks from older people because of the exhaust, I'm sure. So, I just down shift at a street light so the exhaust is twice as loud and they look disgusted.

You can have all kinds of fun in any type of vehicle. I think the 240's are just better, because a lot of people don't even know what they are. I'm half tempted to debadge the car.. lol.
Yeah, same here bout the exhaust... and about debadging the car... have you seen my 240 yet? theres not one logo on it... except for the quarterglass where it says "240sx"
Old 03-27-2006, 11:36 PM

Originally posted by RuizXIII
240's are definately not rice. I dont think they ever have been but after FF3 240's might become the new rice mobiles.
aren't they already? i saw a pack of 16/17 year old kids (with at least 4 S13s and an S14) at a starbucks. as i was leaving, i noticed that one of them was trying to do donuts in the parking lot with his stock height, open diff S13 FB...
i heard from the other car i was with, a few mexicans in civics tried to hit them up to race (but that's another story)

Originally posted by s13 240
240's are so rice...

Last edited by SINxSELEKTAH; 03-27-2006 at 11:49 PM.
Old 03-28-2006, 11:37 AM

Originally posted by SINxSELEKTAH
I only speak the truth!!!!
Old 03-28-2006, 12:35 PM

Lets all go by honda CRX's AND put a nice big picnic table wing on the hatch door so it doesnt open. THEN lets put flames on the side and take off the exaust, so we can *put put* around, we all be uber cool.
Old 03-28-2006, 01:06 PM

I like CRX's...

Quick Reply: Does the 240 provoke a primal instinct in people?