Off-Topic Anything Non-Related to the above topics.

Drifting Exposé on TechTV

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2003, 10:38 AM
Contributing Member

Drifting Exposé on TechTV

Ok, so Im flippin channels and i see the signal twins on techtv, im like...whoa...so im watchin, and theyre talkin all this stuff about driftin...just goes to show that even geeks like drifting...
Old 12-21-2003, 11:17 AM
Contributing Member

Awwww, I watch Tect tv quite a lot and I missed this!? Sucks...you happen to know what show it was?
Old 12-21-2003, 12:18 PM
Contributing Member

fresh gear
Old 12-21-2003, 12:29 PM

i know weve already covered this topic, but it really does suck how drifting is getting so popular, i kinda wish it was more underground like it used to be.
Old 12-21-2003, 01:10 PM
Contributing Member

Drifting will never be underground again...Espically in the US. We tend to overdue a lot of stuff...
Old 12-21-2003, 01:38 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by ridesnowx4
i know weve already covered this topic, but it really does suck how drifting is getting so popular, i kinda wish it was more underground like it used to be.
Why is it a bad thing?
Old 12-21-2003, 08:31 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by StanBo
Why is it a bad thing?
it is a bad thing because, although it means we will all have more resources, it also means that everything rice and everything we stay away from will come along with it...its a battle of two worlds, one pretty good, one really bad...drifting started out like import tuning started out a long time ago, now look at import tuning, more and more all you see is garbage, you see hoods on civics with 6 scoops (none functional), you see OMG THIS WAS REALLY WIERD, on nopiTV, they had some guy wit a 91 blazer, with: a CIVIC front end, RX300 rear end, INTEGRA dash, PRELUDE seats, i mean comon...drifting is gonna lose the appeal of the hardcore enthusiast, just as import tuning is as we see more and more people doing the most retarted things ever to cars...its just not something we want...
Old 12-21-2003, 09:12 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by 95_240SXSE
drifting is gonna lose the appeal of the hardcore enthusiast,
Wrong there bro, If you are so hardcore then you should never lose sight of your love for that sport no matter what happens. I still love drifting and 240s even though they have totally blown up in the past year. Just do your sh*t and be happy with what you have accomplished, dont worry about all the other stuff. This topic has been covered quite a few times...just go out and have fun and dont worry about the hype!
Old 12-22-2003, 03:07 AM
Contributing Member

it is a bad thing because, although it means we will all have more resources, it also means that everything rice and everything we stay away from will come along with it...its a battle of two worlds, one pretty good, one really bad
I don't see the problem. If you like show (I don't call it rice, I reserve that for immature morons that have no respect for the things I get done) then go show. I like show cars. They take waaay more work then you think.

...drifting started out like import tuning started out a long time ago, now look at import tuning, more and more all you see is garbage, you see hoods on civics with 6 scoops (none functional), you see OMG THIS WAS REALLY WIERD, on nopiTV, they had some guy wit a 91 blazer, with: a CIVIC front end, RX300 rear end, INTEGRA dash, PRELUDE seats, i mean comon...
That car is FACE OFF and happens to be owned by my boy Mike aka Mahendra. We grew up together and played PAL softball. That car wins many a trophy and so does his crew.

Team Drastic is pretty big and has got to have at least 10 magazine articles under their belts.

Again even taking out the personal angle it is not your thing. That is cool. Speak about it here, but don't you ever wonder if people are discussing what you do?

I think you should also do some research on drifting. It started out like import tuning. Ugly. I will pull out some old Sport Compact Cars to show you where your roots came from. You will be surprised at what your "heros" used to call cool, same thing with drifting.

Quote me on this mother****er right here:

"People cry that the ricers are taking over 240s while they smile on their way to the bank saving money on **** that I paid 3 times more on when these cars were not cool.

Stop your ****ing crying. Guard your grill knuckle up."

drifting is gonna lose the appeal of the hardcore enthusiast, just as import tuning is as we see more and more people doing the most retarted things ever to cars...its just not something we want...
Hahhahaha No ****ing way. I drift. I watch those videos every day. You might loose interest. All that happens with me is I get more hungry every f**cking minute.

It aint what you want.

It aint what I want.

It is what the owner wants.

Last time I checked, that kid was on a tv show, and in magazines. So someone wants him. Before you question anyone ask:

Where are we?
Old 12-22-2003, 01:39 PM
Contributing Member

heh...very good points guys...i guess i went a little overboard...let me try to clarify...

i too feel that everyone has their own taste, and their own way...i know that people scrutinize my tastes and what i do with my car...i really shouldnt be knocking anyone because im probably at the proverbial 'bottom of the barrel' when it comes to cars...ive just started, i read A LOT of literature, but i have only in the past few months really gotten into it in a physical aspect...i wasnt really knocking on ur buddy's ride, i was really just reacting according to my tastes...im a guy who doesnt like to see stuff like that, i know there are a lot of ppl that do, but i do not...i guess i should have stated that everything in that post was pure opinion, and in no way was i trying to state fact in this industry...i know next to nothing when compared to most people, and quite frankly im damn ignorant, but that was just my opinion, everyone else has their opinion, and that was mine...i dont feel like starting a feud with you guys, because id like to stay on your good side as there are many benefits and lessons to be reaped if i do...
Old 12-22-2003, 02:21 PM
Contributing Member

heh...very good points guys...i guess i went a little overboard...let me try to clarify...

i too feel that everyone has their own taste, and their own way...i know that people scrutinize my tastes and what i do with my car...i really shouldnt be knocking anyone because im probably at the proverbial 'bottom of the barrel' when it comes to cars...ive just started, i read A LOT of literature, but i have only in the past few months really gotten into it in a physical aspect...i wasnt really knocking on ur buddy's ride, i was really just reacting according to my tastes...im a guy who doesnt like to see stuff like that, i know there are a lot of ppl that do, but i do not...i guess i should have stated that everything in that post was pure opinion, and in no way was i trying to state fact in this industry...i know next to nothing when compared to most people, and quite frankly im damn ignorant, but that was just my opinion, everyone else has their opinion, and that was mine...i dont feel like starting a feud with you guys, because id like to stay on your good side as there are many benefits and lessons to be reaped if i do...
Dude just debating. I come off a little cold but I like to get to the point.

Don't worry about Mike. I wish I had the coverage he gets for his vehicle.

You will see. When and if you make a name for yourself. There will be naysayers coming up to you and making fun. It is all part of the game.

I just think that everyone should check the material of their house before throwing stones.
Old 12-22-2003, 03:54 PM
Contributing Member

Dude just debating. I come off a little cold but I like to get to the point.

Don't worry about Mike. I wish I had the coverage he gets for his vehicle.

You will see. When and if you make a name for yourself. There will be naysayers coming up to you and making fun. It is all part of the game.

I just think that everyone should check the material of their house before throwing stones.

its all good, i get heated about stuff too... i should be attending meets in the new year cuz i will have my license, so we will be able to meet in person, talk, bull****, whatever...
Old 12-22-2003, 04:01 PM
Contributing Member

its all good, i get heated about stuff too... i should be attending meets in the new year cuz i will have my license, so we will be able to meet in person, talk, bull****, whatever...
Dude I am the same in person. And god knows I am not in this for **** sucking yes men. I like to hear the other side of the story.

Old 12-22-2003, 04:20 PM
Contributing Member

Dude I am the same in person. And god knows I am not in this for **** sucking yes men. I like to hear the other side of the story.

Old 12-22-2003, 05:00 PM

it is a bad thing because, although it means we will all have more resources, it also means that everything rice and everything we stay away from will come along with it...its a battle of two worlds, one pretty good, one really bad...drifting started out like import tuning started out a long time ago, now look at import tuning, more and more all you see is garbage, you see hoods on civics with 6 scoops (none functional), you see OMG THIS WAS REALLY WIERD, on nopiTV, they had some guy wit a 91 blazer, with: a CIVIC front end, RX300 rear end, INTEGRA dash, PRELUDE seats, i mean comon...drifting is gonna lose the appeal of the hardcore enthusiast, just as import tuning is as we see more and more people doing the most retarted things ever to cars...its just not something we want...
exactly what i mean bro!! all of the ricers will make all of the hardcore enthusiest look bad.

Quick Reply: Drifting Exposé on TechTV