Off-Topic Anything Non-Related to the above topics.

DS vs PSP

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2004, 09:38 AM

DS vs PSP

which would you get?

Old 11-01-2004, 10:05 AM

No contest PSP. DS what the **** is that. Hey lets combine crappy kiddy nintendo games plus a half assed IM = DS. PsP is gonna kick ***!!!
Old 11-01-2004, 11:08 AM
Contributing Member

PSP will have the upper hand. More..."mature" games you know.
Old 11-01-2004, 12:20 PM

Ya know, I'm pretty much a Nintendo *****. Always have been always will be. However...PSP is seriously sexy. I may do some more research on it, but can't you use it as a portable multimedia machine? Think I read that somewhere a little while back, but not sure.

So which will I get? Probably both.

Which reminds me. How long till someone writes tuning software for one of them?

http://www.turboxs.com/
Old 11-01-2004, 03:30 PM

yeah the psp can play dvd's I heard but the battery life is short I think like maybe 6 hours with DVD.
Old 11-01-2004, 04:43 PM
Contributing Member

I would go with the sony psp too.
Old 11-01-2004, 05:55 PM
Contributing Member

PSP, although the DS is interesting.
Old 11-01-2004, 08:42 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by TheBull
yeah the psp can play dvd's I heard but the battery life is short I think like maybe 6 hours with DVD.
It actually is "proprietary 60mm-wide optical disks named UMDs (universal media discs)"... and in the latest GamePro they said right now the battery life is at like 2 hours nonstop before recharging is necessary.

...and my vote is in the PSP box all the way
Old 11-01-2004, 09:31 PM

idk...i'm for DS...nintendo already has a strong rep with handheld gaming...but on the other hand...PS has a good rep for good games...why not get both?

-Jaysin
Old 11-01-2004, 10:37 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by SINxSELEKTAH
idk...i'm for DS...nintendo already has a strong rep with handheld gaming...but on the other hand...PS has a good rep for good games...why not get both?

-Jaysin

Nintendo had a strong rep for consoles too... but look how Sony took over with the original PS. I think they'll have another mega hit with the PSP (too bad Sega couldn't figure out the way to do it)... plus I've read that a lot of die-hard Nintendo fans have been getting a little alienated lately when Nintendo made the GBA, then quickly came out with the GB "flip" version (forgot the name ROFL)... and now the Dual Screen?

I kind of shy away from Nintendo because of their strict rules on "mature game content". Dude - I'm mature. I buy my own hardware and games. I want MANLY GAMES ROFL
Old 11-01-2004, 11:17 PM

The PS and PS2 were big hits, but not because of the hardware. Both systems lacked alot with hardware technology, and neither were reliable. Both systems have a higher return rate for repaires than all others combined. Ask anyone at a gaming store.

As for the games, I want fun. They don't have to be "mature" at all. Actually, the only games I've enjoyed where the two co-exist has been on PC. GTA? You guys can keep it, to be honest. But I prefer .Hack or Final Fantasy. Yes they're for the PS2, but they aren't exactly for mature audiences.

Zelda? Metroid? Mario? Star Wars?

Gamecube. Yes, there were Star Wars games for PS2, only one was decent: KoToR. Ok, more than decent.

Hrm, been drinking alot and playing Halo 2. So sorry if this seems a bit scattered, but I think you guys see how I feel.

Old 11-02-2004, 12:28 AM

Halo 2? you are drunk dude and you also might have hit your head. Nintendo maybe kiddy but you have to hand it too them they single handedly bringing the home console gaming market into the mainstream. They also have many beloved titles my favorite being Zelda. And for the GBA SP Metroid games kick alot of ***. They kept it clean for a while but its getting to the point where if they don't get their hands dirty they will lose alot of business. First Gen gamers have grown up and they want something more mature than paper mario. I'm not saying they should alienate new young gamers but thats what MPAA rating system is for. Its not like most kids with GC don't also have a ps2 or Xbox. They aren't protecting anyone. We are in the age of multiple consoles. They really need to keep up especially with Xbox hitting the scene and the next generation consoles coming out within a year or 2.
Old 11-02-2004, 12:29 AM

Besides most kids are screwed up now adays anyways either by parents or by society so whats a few violent games gonna harm.
Old 11-02-2004, 09:58 AM

Originally posted by TheBull
Besides most kids are screwed up now adays anyways either by parents or by society so whats a few violent games gonna harm.
amen brother....amen...

i guess i bought a gamecube cause i grew up with titles like Mario Brothers, Zelda, and Metroid. (when's Kid Icarus gonna hit the scene again? ) idk...gaming for me is just a fun way to pass time...and it saves me a lot of gas anyway...being that Nintendo has geared more towards the "youth"...has Resident Evil for GC been toned down? maybe i should rent it first huh?

Originally posted by l2aine
I kind of shy away from Nintendo because of their strict rules on "mature game content". Dude - I'm mature. I buy my own hardware and games. I want MANLY GAMES ROFL
i take it you're buying Liesure Suit Larry and The Playboy Game for PS2? j.k

-Jaysin
Old 11-02-2004, 10:02 AM
Contributing Member

WHoa I'm not NIntendo bashing or saying that quote/unquote "mature" games like Manhunt (which actually is boring) are the greatest. Nintendo games do rock - Mario Cart is still the greatest... but Gran Turismo X. Tekken XX. Metal Gear Something. Silent Hill XX. Resident Evil XX. Those all debuted on the Sony System. Those are the games I'm talking about (maybe "mature" wasn't the right word)... and those for sure I know will be on the PSP, not the DS.

Maybe it was my experience with the latest Nintendo Console that pushed me away... the new Metroid was pretty numb and boring, and the only games I found myself playing on Gamecube when I borrowed my friends for a couple weeks were Tony Hawk Underground and Need For Speed Underground - both available on Playstation 2 or PC.

...and then there's Final Fantasy. Not just the recent version where newbs are all of a sudden thinking they're FF pros (not unlike those ex-Honda turned 240 owners who switched to be cool)... I'm talking classic Final Fantasy games that will never be seen on anything but a Sony System... like FF Tactics, FF7 the great one, etc.

If I want to play with a DS in the future, I'm sure my friend will have one. Meanwhile I'll be watching movies or racing Trial Mountain on my PSP

Quick Reply: DS vs PSP